Preferred Battle Ground

Water warfare game types, ideas, rules, organization, etc.

Which is your preferred Battle Ground

Forests
47%
Fields (Plains)
5%
Around houses/buildings.
47%
Gravel
No votes
Beach/sandy ground.
No votes
Other (please specify)
No votes

Total votes: 19

mkhadem

Preferred Battle Ground

Post by mkhadem » Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:56 pm

We talk about scenarios and how to take advantage of the battle ground but where
do you actually prefer to have a water fight and why?

DX

Re: Preferred Battle Ground

Post by DX » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:46 pm

I personally prefer varied terrain, though most of it has to do with forested, pristine land. I believe that a setting of natural beauty enhances the fun had in a water war. Old pine forests on hilly terrain bordering a body of water are especially appealing.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:20 am

My favorite battleground was a mix of forest, plains, and swampland. Normally fought around houses and in yards, so fighting in the woods was always a treat.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:06 pm

I know this is a little late to reply, but since this isn't an advice thread and it's just opinions I figured I'd add mine as well. I prefer forests plain and simple. I like to be able to use cover and concealment to get from place to place without being noticed. It's also fun because you can build forts or other structures out of natural materials that blend in to the surroundings.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:13 pm

Odd that I never noticed this thread...

Most forest does not offer decent concealment, as enemies can often see you through foliage and trees. Combat is also hampered in thick areas due to movement restrictions. In more urban environments, theres solid cover to go around, most of which also protects players from high-angle shots. In forests, you can shoot through just about anything.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

steelboot.
Location: workin, workin on the island, workin, all night long

Post by steelboot. » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:22 am

I know it's old, but it's stickied. I voted for Around houses/buildings, because Neighbourhood WW is the way to go. Half the time, you don't know where the opponent(s) are, the other half, you can see them and you're exchanging shots. That way accuracy and speed really come into play as well as dodging. Shootouts and duels around cars can get really intense.
Water Warrior for three summers and counting.
Was captain of a team, but team disbanded due to lack of interest.
Still love soakers.
SOAK AND DESTROY = BEST GAME EVER

K3YD0N

Post by K3YD0N » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:45 pm

i like forest becase its beast for C4 if you can get the hose there and into a tree ( want the design for the C4 pm me)
Tactics, Traps, and Strategies, thats me pretty much. Need ideas, pm me for Tactics, Traps, and Strategies.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:57 pm

I like fighting around the neighborhood. There's enough water sources, unlike other choices, and it's just fun. Beach/sandy areas is probably a bad idea. Sand and seawater can mess up water guns.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

scottthewaterwarrior
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:40 pm

I normally like to fight in forests, there is still plenty of cover to hide behind but it is hard to sneak up on people so it relies more on your shooting/dodging skill to win. The area I normally fight in is a wooded area with paths running through it; there are a few tree houses as well as old stone fireplaces and fallen logs to hide behind. It is on an island so the out of bounds zones are easily defined and there are some canoe racks that make good ambush spots. I think a neighborhood with lots of parked cars and bushes would be good too, but there aren't many around me that do not have lots of traffic.
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"