Which Water gun should i buy - duh

Selling, buying, shopping for and/or trading water blasters.

Which Water gun should i buy - duh

Flash Flood Blaster
27%
Krypton
No votes
Try to buy CPS 4100 from neighbor
57%
Max D secret strike (X2)
No votes
other
17%

Total votes: 30

Stratus

Post by Stratus » Wed May 18, 2005 5:47 pm

Im short a little and need a replacement for my leaky MAXD 6000, if you pick other, give me a recomendaation

THANKS!

(: :cps3000:

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Wed May 18, 2005 6:13 pm

Welcome to the forums! We hope you enjoy your stay.

The best alternative to the 6000 that's currently available is either the Blazer, Pirahna, Flash Flood, or Devastator. My personal preference is the Pirahna. Good power in a compact frame.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Wed May 18, 2005 7:33 pm

Welcome!

I voted to try and get the 4100. They're a bit fragile, and do not have the best power, bu they're good dependable guns and will amke anything else on that list look like a very weak alternative.
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

DX

Post by DX » Wed May 18, 2005 7:49 pm

The 4100 beats everything else out there now, so pick that up. You have a 50/50 chance of the 4100 being durable, as there are 2 marks, one of which has a weak trigger, the other one is strong. Reinforcing the trigger can take care of that problem, and you'll have a gun that can shoot 40-45ft, hold plenty of water, and support a 20x nozzle if you drill out the fan blast.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

SharpObjects

Post by SharpObjects » Wed May 18, 2005 8:28 pm

I voted Flash Flood. Its a good reliable weapon with a big punch of power. It's main nozzel seems a bit under-powered, but the FF nozzel makes up for it. To date I believe it is the only soaker with a real noticable recoil.

The CPS 4100 is fragile and needs to be treated with care. An intimidating piece, and depending on the condition and price, would be a nice add to your collection.

For a field soaker, the Flash Flood. Its has enough power to hold it's own. If you can afford it, and it looks to be in a working condition, go for the 4100. The FF will still be on the shelves.

~SO
CPS 1000 (Now K-modded into a CPS 10000)
CPS 4100 *in repair*
MI Flash Flood w/Aqua Pak
SC Big Trouble
Blazer
Xenon
Splat Blast
STE Arctic Shock
Vaporizer
Max-D 3000

emperor_james

Post by emperor_james » Thu May 19, 2005 12:52 am

I would say either get the 4100, which is by far the most powerful of the guns listed, or get the Aquapack Devastator, which is a powerful, reliable, and useful gun.

The Krypton, from what I have read, is not terrible, but it has not really gotten that much praise, and the other new Warriors Warriors guns are underpowered.

One of my friends recently bought the Secret Strike two pack, he got owned by me with the Devastator and another of my friends with a Max-D 6000. You would be better off getting the Max-D 6000 two pack from Sam's Club.

The Flash Flood is decent, but the main stream is weak, the "Flash Flood" nozzle is nearly impossible to hit someone with, and the reservoir is tiny. There are better options.

Sharp objects, the Flash Flood is definately not the only soaker with noticeable recoil. My 3200 has much more recoil on the 10x nozzle.
ownage

soakerman

Post by soakerman » Thu May 19, 2005 9:38 am

The 4100. It beats everything on the list. however if it is broken not in good condition etc. I might reccomend the Flash Flood.

:soakon:

Edited By soakerman on 1116513544
ImageImage

SharpObjects

Post by SharpObjects » Thu May 19, 2005 11:26 am

emperor_james wrote:Sharp objects, the Flash Flood is definately not the only soaker with noticeable recoil. My 3200 has much more recoil on the 10x nozzle.
I know that, but I have not yet experienced the power of the earlier discontinued line of CPS soakers. But where in stores today are you going to find a soaker with a recoil?

On another note, the FF nozzle is very capable of hitting someone. Anyone who says different, most likely hasn't been on the recieving end. I drenched 2 of my friends (One of which had a Splashzooka) and did't regret pulling back that trigger. Its considered a "riot blast" for a reason.

~SO :cps2500:
CPS 4100 *in repair*
SC Big Trouble
Blazer
Xenon
Splat Blast
STE Arctic Shock
Vaporizer
Max-D 3000

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Thu May 19, 2005 1:15 pm

I vote 4100. It has a lot of flexability on the field and will rule all the other guns eating its dust. Just be prepared to fix the trigger when it breaks sooner or later.

:cool:

DX

Post by DX » Thu May 19, 2005 3:13 pm

The CPS 4100 is fragile and needs to be treated with care.
Just be prepared to fix the trigger when it breaks sooner or later.
They're a bit fragile

Has everyone forgotten that there are 2 Marks of the 4100? The mark 1 does not have trigger problems! Only the mark 2 has trigger issues!
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu May 19, 2005 3:18 pm

^ we need to develop the 'Mark' system a bit.

Presently (though admittedly I haven't dug more info yet), I can't recall how to distinguish between 'Marks' for the CPS4100. Please refresh my memory. I want to add in info for known 'Marks' for all blaster reviews to which 'Marks' apply (i.e. CPS2000, MXL, etc)

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

DX

Post by DX » Thu May 19, 2005 3:29 pm

Here is the original topic where 4100 marks first came up. This was a while ago, some of the data may be outdated, I'm not sure. Read the whole topic just to make sure. :cool:

emperor_james

Post by emperor_james » Thu May 19, 2005 9:28 pm

SharpObjects wrote:
emperor_james wrote:Sharp objects, the Flash Flood is definately not the only soaker with noticeable recoil. My 3200 has much more recoil on the 10x nozzle.

I know that, but I have not yet experienced the power of the earlier discontinued line of CPS soakers. But where in stores today are you going to find a soaker with a recoil?

On another note, the FF nozzle is very capable of hitting someone. Anyone who says different, most likely hasn't been on the recieving end. I drenched 2 of my friends (One of which had a Splashzooka) and did't regret pulling back that trigger. Its considered a "riot blast" for a reason.

~SO :cps2500:
Then why did you say it is the only soaker to date with recoil, when you know that others have more recoil?

And yes, it is difficult to hit people with the Flash Flood nozzle. Now, for all I know, you play with a bunch of fat kids who run at 1/9 of a mile per hour, but I play with a couple of friends from my tennis team and stand still while they are getting shot at, and a guy from my airsoft team, and we are fast and are easily able to dodge such a stream. It can be useful at extremely close ranges (less than eight feet) but farther than that it is useless on a moving target.
ownage

hunter

Post by hunter » Thu May 19, 2005 9:36 pm

uh....id say try ebay for a bigger cps.
Stealth over speed. Accuracy over firepower. Coordination over chaos.

Only the arrogant claim they do not make mistakes in combat, hence they never learn.

"I have the two greatest weapons: time and patience."

SharpObjects

Post by SharpObjects » Fri May 20, 2005 9:09 am

emperor_james wrote:Then why did you say it is the only soaker to date with recoil, when you know that others have more recoil?

And yes, it is difficult to hit people with the Flash Flood nozzle. Now, for all I know, you play with a bunch of fat kids who run at 1/9 of a mile per hour, but I play with a couple of friends from my tennis team and stand still while they are getting shot at, and a guy from my airsoft team, and we are fast and are easily able to dodge such a stream. It can be useful at extremely close ranges (less than eight feet) but farther than that it is useless on a moving target.
You had me there. Let me refraise that then. It is the only soaker that I know of in stores that has a recoil and is readily available.

~SO

Sir, I consider that an insult, assuming a few of my best freinds are obese. I can assure you they are not. I will never most likely have the pleasure to have a soak fest with you or your friends, so does it really matter?

Off-topic, do you play airsoft?
CPS 4100 *in repair*
SC Big Trouble
Blazer
Xenon
Splat Blast
STE Arctic Shock
Vaporizer
Max-D 3000

emperor_james

Post by emperor_james » Fri May 20, 2005 3:50 pm

I didn't say your friends were fat, just that it is I have no idea who you play with and that reasonably athletic individuals are well able to dodge a shot from the Flash Flood nozzle.

And yes, I do play Airsoft, I have an overall group of about 20, who mostly play with $20 springers, and an inner group of 4 who play with the real stuff. None of our main weapons cost under $370. My M15 was $490 after several upgrades, shoots just over 400 feet per second :)
ownage

Zealot

Post by Zealot » Sat May 21, 2005 12:08 am

I voted Flash Flood. It has a good power/time combo.

Aquarius

Post by Aquarius » Mon May 23, 2005 9:18 pm

If you can't get your hands on a 4100, the FF would be my second choice. It would at least make a killer sidearm. Although pricey, 4100's may be found on eBay.

Someone asked about a replacement for a MD6K. Having had one in the past, my recommendation would be the SC600. I just pulled mine out of storage today for comparison and to test against my Splashzooka. The SC600 stream is noticeably smaller, but the shot time was only 4 seconds shorter than the Zooka. Can't say that about the MD6K.

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Tue May 24, 2005 7:48 am

Welcome back Aquarius!

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

Aquarius

Post by Aquarius » Tue May 24, 2005 8:19 am

Adrian wrote:Welcome back Aquarius!
Thank you Adrian. It is good to be back!