Could I K-Mod an xp 270? - Does it have to be a CPS series?

For questions, articles, and discussions regarding water blaster modifications.
Broncostar

Post by Broncostar » Tue May 03, 2005 2:46 pm

Hi there. I love my twin XP 270's, but they do lack lots of power. Besides nozzle drilling (which I don't want to do because I'm hoping to make this into a lightweight sniper) is there a chance that I can do a K-Mod? Can I even successfuly open the thing up?

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Tue May 03, 2005 2:57 pm

K-mods can only be performed on spherical CPS bladders. You can however perform an XPS mod on a separate PC air pressure gun. Basically you put water balloons into the PC. I think Vaporizer has done this before on a 270 (if it's not him then it's someone else). You could also perform a CVF on it (but I wouldn't recommend it).

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue May 03, 2005 4:40 pm

I don't know why this is such a common question... the answer is everywhere! That's why I emphasized this paragraph in the K-modding article:
K-modding only works on CPS guns with a spherical bladder. That means no Water Warriors guns, and no CPS 2000s, CPS 2500s, CPS 3000s, CPS 3200s, CPS 4100s, Monsters, Monster Xs and Monster XLs. There however are equivilant mods. For the Water Warriors it called the spring mod (you better ask at the forums if you want to do it). For the rest of the CPS series you can do the Collosus mod.

You can K-mod CERTAIN CPS blasters ONLY.

The XPS mod also is overrated. It will never be as good as a normal CPS blaster, or will even add very much power if any. Don't try souping up a tricycle when you could simply buy a car for less work.

To be honest with you, I do less work when making homemades than modifications. There is a far higher risk of failure in modifications than homemades. In fact, I've never messed up a homemade, though I consider my CPS 27000 a complete failure at this point. You'd just plain save work and increase your chances of success by working with better water guns, either a larger CPS blaster or a homemade.

If silly little questions like this become so common, I probably will start to roll my eyes and resist replying... please read our articles fully through! It saves everyone time.

(Then again, I did not write much of SSCentral's articles to be as readable as possible on the internet - a large revision effort is underway.)

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Tue May 03, 2005 4:56 pm

Can't blame the guy for asking, he wanted to know. These are the guns that can be K-modded:

CPS 1000
CPS 1200
CPS 2100
CPS 1500
CPS 1700
CPS 2700 (dont recomend it)
CPS 1-3-5

I believe that covers all of them. Any gun not listed can not be K-modded.

Edited By NiborDude on 1115157526
Soaker Media
-[color=E9E9E9]Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci[/color]-

Broncostar

Post by Broncostar » Tue May 03, 2005 5:16 pm

I had read that article on the K-Mod- (the one that explains the need for a spherical bladder. Sorry if this topic annoyed someone... since the Xp seems spherical in its pressure chamber, I was wondering if I could do one.
Very well, then. Lock this topic if you must.