FLASH FLOOD- BETTER THAN THE CPS 2500 - Wait until you get your hands on THIS.

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
Broncostar

Post by Broncostar » Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:40 pm

Ever since the 2500 hit about a decade ago, we've been waiting. Waiting for something bigger. Waiting for something more powerful. By all means, in the span of almost ten years, we should have gotten something.
But no. Perhaps it was too powerful. Perhaps it was too heavy. At any rate, we've been in agony as we've watched the powers of our favorite soaker brand get reduced and reduced. The worst of it all, 2004, involved guns that could barely hold themselves up in a medium powered firefight.
But enter 2005, and it all changed.

~~FLASH FLOOD~~
I can't start to talk about this thing without telling you one thing: IT'S MORE POWERFUL THAN THE CPS 2500. Don't believe me? Take this into thought.
-I set a 1 liter bottle of club soda up on a stand.
I pumped my flash flood ONLY FIVE TIMES.
I pulled the flash flood trigger, and BOOM.
The bottle tipped over. Wait- I can't really say tipped over, it was more like "exploded over." Yeah... that's more like it.
But I wasn't done yet.
I put three 1 liter bottles all in a line.
I pumped the flash flood ONLY 10 TIMES.
I pulled that nice little silver handle, and in an explosion of water, they were all lying on their sides.

I think of this gun as a water shotgun. Up to this point, almost all super soakers have fired a small stream at a steady rate.
THIS ONE DISCHARGES THE CPS IN HALF A SECOND.
That's a lot of water. 16 ounces a second, to be exact. Most water guns spray at about half an ounce a second. There's been nothing like this before, but hopefully there will be something like it again.

~~Pros~~
Flash flood blaster, ultimately the most powerful nozzle/water gun combo ever.
Very balanced, due to the under-set water tank.
Secondary nozzle keeps up a steady stream at a good range.
Pump is EXTREMELY EFFICIENT.
~~Cons~~
Not much water storage, even with 40 ounce tank.
Flash flood innacurate, especially at long range (like a shotgun.)

Overall, I'd say a 95 out of 100. Personally, I can't really think of any faults this gun has. If it's not in your garage now, it better be by tomorrow.

-Broncostar
Is this where I submit things? I hope so...

hunter

Post by hunter » Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:43 pm

I've seen or used all of the 2005 guns and the FF is nothing special (BTW i keep mine in my room, not my garage) As I've said many times, my devastator is much better.

-There is no way a FF could beat a 2500! Have you used both!? Have you compared them side by side? If not, who are you to judge! It doesnt even come close to my 2100. (think, 2500's 10x stream shoots over 45 ft, huge output. Compared to the FF's 3x stream which shoots MAYBE 35ft tops.)

-Also, have you used all the other guns? You dont know how many people have said: "wow i just got the FF and it kicks ass" I thought the same thing when i got it, then i got my devastaator and my 2100, FF was crap compared to them, hardly used it since. It still isnt very good even with the huge load of mods I've added to it.

Edited By hunter on 1114904914
Stealth over speed. Accuracy over firepower. Coordination over chaos.

Only the arrogant claim they do not make mistakes in combat, hence they never learn.

"I have the two greatest weapons: time and patience."

DX

Post by DX » Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:46 pm

I can't start to talk about this thing without telling you one thing: IT'S MORE POWERFUL THAN THE CPS 2500. Don't believe me? Take this into thought.
-I set a 1 liter bottle of club soda up on a stand.
I pulled the flash flood trigger, and BOOM.
The bottle tipped over. Wait- I can't really say tipped over, it was more like "exploded over." Yeah... that's more like it.
But I wasn't done yet.
I put three 1 liter bottles all in a line.
I pumped the flash flood ONLY 10 TIMES.
I pulled that nice little silver handle, and in an explosion of water, they were all lying on their sides

That's great, but could you do that from 50 ft. away with a Flash Flood? Didn't think so. The 2500 will nail those cans from point blank to 50ft or further, if you have the wind at your back. The CPS 2500 also gets its maximum range with only 10 pumps. The FF is a shotgun, but the 2500 is a shotgun and a sniper rifle, 20x for short range and 10x/5x for long range.

~~Cons~~
Not much water storage, even with 40 ounce tank.
Flash flood innacurate, especially at long range (like a shotgun.)

Overall, I'd say a 95 out of 100. Personally, I can't really think of any faults this gun has. If it's not in your garage now, it better be by tomorrow.

Guns aren't inaccurate, users are. Also, you say you can't think of any faults, yet you list 2 right above that statement! :p

Here's another comparison:
Range
10ft 20ft 30ft 40ft 50ft

FF Yes Yes Yes No No
CPS 2500 Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes

Ever since the 2500 hit about a decade ago, we've been waiting. Waiting for something bigger. Waiting for something more powerful. By all means, in the span of almost ten years, we should have gotten something.

We have gotten something, potentially the largest and most powerful of all. It's you choice whether to use it or not. Homemade power can give you everything you've been waiting for. :cool:
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Broncostar

Post by Broncostar » Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:09 pm

Look... you can try to shoot me from 50 feet all you want. It takes about 1.5 seconds to get there, and most of its velocity is gone.
Personally, I think sniping is plain stupid. *Oh noes! I have a conflicting opinion!"
I mean, you sit there, and then try to blast someone from 50 feet away? What fun is there in that?
Have a watergun fight, show your novice freinds The flash flood and it's sucky secondary blaster, then get up close to them and pump them full of water with the primary (in my opinion) full discharge.

Yes, I do own the 2500 and the FF. I took both of them out today.
While I do bow down to the greatness of the 2500, HAVE YOU NOTICED THAT THE NOZZLE ON THE FF IS ABOUT TWICE AS BIG AS THE 2500?
no joke. Maybe three times- really, there's no comparison.

If you enjoy sniping (which dosen't really seem water gunny) fine- take the 2500. However, the FF is much better at extremely short range. Don't agree? Fine.
The 2500 is heavy, and pumping is a chore. However, with just ten short pumps on the FF, I can get enough power to knock down three 1 liter bottles at once.
Are there flaws to it? Of course. There are flaws to every water gun. But in this case, the pros easily outweigh the cons.
It's lightweight, it's user freindly, but it still amasses a wallop at SHORT RANGE. can you snipe with it? They might feel a slight drizzle. However, in short range, there's no gun I'd rather have.

"Guns aren't inaccurate, users are"
Duxbrian, think of it this way. You get a robot with perfect aim with a shotgun, and tell it to hit a target from 300 meters away. Chances are, it won't even hit the target. Why? IT'S A SHOTGUN! The reason it has so many pellets is because it's so innacuate. It's a short range.
Put a high-tech sniper rifle in, and blam, bull's eye.

The FF IS innacurate, but not in the way you're thinking of. That huge blast is spread out over a wide range. after about 20 feet, it's pretty much useless. Why? That water is spread over such a long range, it won't all hit the target. That's what I'm defining it as innacurracy.
I don't play water gun fights from long distances. Why would you care if you got sprayed by a jet of water about half an inch wide? However, you get sprayed with all the contents of a pressurized CPS barrel at close range. That... I'd care about.
Snipe me. Oh noes! I'm hit! But why do I care? It's the equivalant to being in the rain for about two seconds. Being hit a foot away with the FF, on the other hand, is like being thrown into a pool of water.

"There is no way a FF could beat a 2500! Have you used both!? Have you compared them side by side? If not, who are you to judge! It doesnt even come close to my 2100. (think, 2500's 10x stream shoots over 45 ft, huge output. Compared to the FF's 3x stream which shoots MAYBE 35ft tops.)"

How is the power of a gun determined by its range? If I wanted range, I'd cover my gun so it shot a 1X stream 50 feet. I don't give a care in the world about range. What I care is pointing a water gun at someone from point blank that's going to make them think "This is going to suck" rather than "They could do this to me from 50 feet too."

Remember, I've used both of them, so I'm very competent to judge. And I judge that what is about a 50X nozzle is better than the 2500's 25X Nozzle.

Edited By Broncostar on 1114917132

DX

Post by DX » Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:31 pm

I'm not a n00b, so therefore my reply will be civilized and calm. You are soakfest based, while I am 1HK based. Output makes no difference to me, as range makes no difference to you. That's why we have such opposite points of view. The FF is not inaccurate beyond 35ft., it simply can't shoot more than 35ft. Much different from a real shotgun, which can shoot long range but will never hit something that way. Also, in a soakfest, a 2500 will outlast a Flash Flood. The FF stores 40 ounces, the 2500 has more than 3 liters. And at least the large FF nozzle is short lived. The 10x on the 2500 has a much longer shot time. You don't need that much water to drench someone. Why use too much for a short time instead of using just enough for a long time? Anyway, in my wars, an FF would be outclassed easily. All of my guns are heavily modded, I have a powerful homemade, also a Douchenator WBL and 2 more coming. Even though the FF has a huge nozzle, it's still just a common stock soaker. The FF nozzle dishes out major water, but it is not concentrated. A well modded 2100 could almost break the skin with a 1x blast from point blank. Being hit with a 21K feels worse than the "bucket of water" effect via a FF. The CPS 2500 also is not heavy, I'm an experienced fighter who is used to such a gun.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

emperor_james

Post by emperor_james » Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:37 pm

The FF is really not that great that great. My CPS 3200's 20x is more powerful, has higher output, and lasts much longer than my FF. The FF is not terrible, but you are exxagerating. It is difficult to hit someone with the FF nozzle, even at close range. And once that shot is gone, you are extremely vulnerable.
ownage

Broncostar

Post by Broncostar » Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:53 pm

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Sun May 01, 2005 4:48 am

Even though I don't own a Flash Flood and probably won't get one. It doesn't sound as good as it seems to me. From what I have heard the trigger breaks easily sooner or later, its very fragile when you drop it and also apparently if you get sand or anything like that in the Flash Flood nozzle it can be a pain trying to fix it and getting it all out. What also seems to put me off is the range isn't all that good and in my my mind the water capacity stinks comared to the old CPS guns Hasbro/Larami used to do. I mean, the CPS 1000, its about the same size as the Flash Flood and is more comfortable to hold, it holds nearly double the capacity of the Flash Flood, its more powerful and has a lot more range. This shows how much Hasbro/Larami have declined over the years. Like everybody has said here a CPS 2500 could easily outrange it on any of its nozzles. I know this because I have a 2500 and it shoots amazingly far. People may disagree with me here, but its really just a matter of opinion about what you think. I mean, I have a Triple Shot, and I love it, such great power for for a small pistol just a bit let let down on water capacity, but hey, that's my opinion, you may think different.

:cps1000:

vaporizer

Post by vaporizer » Sun May 01, 2005 10:19 am

Well, for it's size the FF is pretty powerful. Is it the smallest CPS, or would that be the SC 500/splashzooka/1000?

EDIT: You people ask Hasbro for CPS, and they gave it, and then you start ripping on their new soakers? I know they ain't nearly the best, but come on people.

Edited By vaporizer on 1114960882
My Armory:
2 MD2K
1 MD3K
1 MD5K
1 Vaporizer
1 XPsed 270 (balloons blew out, and fixed it w. a rubber band)
2 WW Glow- Blasters
1 Spider-Man soaker
1 Flash Flood
1 Triple Shot
1 Gremlin

Coming Soon
Aquapack Devastator
Liquidator

Edited by vaporizer on April 01 2005, 13:10

Broncostar

Post by Broncostar » Sun May 01, 2005 10:40 am

If you're the kind of person who likes to do close range battle (five feet or less) than this gun's the right thing for you. Watch out, though- its capacity is small.

emperor_james

Post by emperor_james » Sun May 01, 2005 12:51 pm

The main problem I see with using the FF in CQB is that if you use the FF nozzle and miss, which is not that unlikely, then you are screwed. Also there are not many battles within 5 feet. Maybe more like ten feet.
ownage

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun May 01, 2005 1:36 pm

Sorry to break it to you, but in CPS blasters, only one to three pumps are needed to get up to full power usually. That's the Constant Pressure System for you.

While I do bow down to the greatness of the 2500, HAVE YOU NOTICED THAT THE NOZZLE ON THE FF IS ABOUT TWICE AS BIG AS THE 2500?

Another misconception! Nozzle size does not determine output in this situation. iSoaker.com reports that the Flash Flood's riot-blast nozzle has an output of 11.67X, while the CPS 2500's largest nozzle - not a riot-blast nozzle I might add - gets 22.8X, nearly twice as much!

The Flash Flood is far weaker. It's PC is also 300 ml smaller (nearly half the size of the CPS 2500's chamber), limiting the amount of water you can dish out in one shot very much. Remember again, in CPS water guns, a larger PC always is better because you do not have to pump to the maximum to get maximum power.

The Flash Flood has no 50X nozzle! That is going to be the biggest misconception of the year. It's a mere 11.67X, far from 50X. If you want 50X output, try homemades because it's the only way you'll get it.

Also remember that the CPS 2500 has a serious nozzle selector. The 10X nozzle of the CPS 2500 (iSoaker reports 13.43X) even beats the Flash Flood's riot-blast nozzle. That's two nozzles beating it in output, and one for conservation or range. Given a CPS 2500 vs. Flash Flood situation, I'd bet big money on the CPS 2500 most any day.

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Sun May 01, 2005 3:28 pm

The CPS 2500 would walk all over the Flash Flood. You wouldn't even have to get close to it as you could outrange it on any nozzle. Its obvious which one would win.

:cps2500:

soakerman

Post by soakerman » Mon May 02, 2005 9:11 am

The CPS 2500 would walk all over the Flash Flood. You wouldn't even have to get close to it as you could outrange it on any nozzle. Its obvious which one would win.

Well then, I guess that sums it all up.
ImageImage

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue May 03, 2005 6:38 am

While I normally just push up decent blaster reviews without too much second thought, due to some aspects of this particular review (well, mainly since it is attempting to compare two soakers in a means I don't quite agree with), I've opted to hold off posting this review on iSoaker.com. I'd be happy to reconsider posting it if the parts regarding the Flash Flood's comparison with the CPS2500 were altered. If you prefer the Flash Flood to the CPS2500, that's fine and acceptable. However, based on my own findings, calling it more powerful is something I disagree with based on what I've observed. If you think if feels more powerful, that is also fine to say. If you think the Flash Flood is better than the CPS2500, that's an acceptable preference as well. Feelings and preferences are fine, but from an objective standpoint, the CPS2500 has more raw power from all I've seen and measured.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

SharpObjects

Post by SharpObjects » Tue May 03, 2005 2:30 pm

Man, it seems everyone has a FF! Well I better start wahing the dishes to save up. Amazon.com is where I'm going....

~SO:angry:
CPS 1000 (Now K-modded into a CPS 10000)
CPS 4100 *in repair*
MI Flash Flood w/Aqua Pak
SC Big Trouble
Blazer
Xenon
Splat Blast
STE Arctic Shock
Vaporizer
Max-D 3000

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Thu May 05, 2005 3:12 pm

I think I'll throw my buck and a quarter into the FF vs 2500 discussion.

The 2500 is an all around better gun, no question. Range, more nozzles, power, and to top it all off, it's a rifle, meaning you've got two seperate places to grip it which will help your aim. The FF on the other hand is more pistol sized. Great power in a small package, the realization of EVERYTHING the Secret Strike was supposed to be. Unfortunately though, it isn't balanced enough to take on the 2500 rifle. As has been stated so well above, the 2500 will drench you at all ranges. The FF can only drench you at close range, maybe out to middle ranges. The 2500 just plain has more features.

That said, in CWB, I'll probably take an FF over a 2500. Having fought a war in a close, forest environment, I'll state with some degree of certainty that compact guns are the best to have in this type of area. A big rifle like an X or a 2500 doesn't manuever as well as the compack 2700 or Pirahna. But again, the FF isn't balanced enough to give you any huge advantage, the small nozzle doesn't throw enough out there to be of much use. Give me a 2500 over an FF in any environment where there are open distances of more than 25 feet, hands down. The FF is for close range ONLY.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

SharpObjects

Post by SharpObjects » Thu May 05, 2005 3:51 pm

Thats why I like the FF, its the perfect(or near perfect) close-range weapon.
Adrian, very good points made.

Because they are two very different soakers, does it really matter? I have a good feeling they both do their jobs on the field well.

~SO
(Itchin for a 2500...) : :soakon2:

Edited By SharpObjects on 1115326339
CPS 1000 (Now K-modded into a CPS 10000)
CPS 4100 *in repair*
MI Flash Flood w/Aqua Pak
SC Big Trouble
Blazer
Xenon
Splat Blast
STE Arctic Shock
Vaporizer
Max-D 3000

DX

Post by DX » Thu May 05, 2005 5:25 pm

I'll throw in another perspective: User skill. Skill has more of an influence than we give credit for. I can manuever with a 2500 just as easily as if I were holding a small pistol. When you get used to a particular gun, you can rule the field with it. A skilled user can cut the effects of being outranged, or capitalize on range advantage. Also, deep in the woods away from water sources and no free refills = need for a large tank. The 2500 will last a lot longer than a FF, you can go for up to an hour without the need to refill [the longest I've lasted without a refill is 3 hours]. The 2500 seems to be a better strategic weapon for 1HK and tactics. The Flash Flood is better suited to soakfests, informal skirmishes, and/or close quarters. I would choose the 2500 over the FF anyday, with the 2500 you get the long range stuff without sacrificing any short range capabilities. IMO the 2500 looks more serious and tough. But some people would rather just soak "screw rules and tactics" so, this whole comparison really doesn't matter.

emperor_james

Post by emperor_james » Thu May 05, 2005 8:58 pm

Though its small size may give the FF a slight advantage at close range, the 2500 is still better because of its much larger firing chamber. In real life, guns like the M249 light machine gun have a huge advantage at CQB over smaller guns like the M4 because the M249 holds 200 rounds as opposed to the M4's 30 rounds. This more than makes up for the bulkiness and awkwardness of using a machine gun at close range. The same is true for the 2500 vs. FF: after the FF uses all of its water, the person with the 2500 blasts the hell out of the other guy.
ownage