Blaster Grip Techniques - ^

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:01 pm

Ok, there's nothing complicated about holding a typical water blaster, but sometimes changing one's grip slightly offers better control/performance/accuracy in special situations. As well, different people may have different preferences on how to adjust their straps, position their hands, etc. when using different blasters

I know there have been times when using blasters such as the CPS2000 or CPS2500 that I've held the blaster higher than usual, butting the reservoir against my shoulder so I could look along the body of the blaster for better aim. On soakers like the Aquapack Devastator, I find myself moving my pumping hand from the pump to the base of the blaster between pumping.

Do you guys find yourselves doing something perhaps a little different when using your blasters for specific purposes?

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:52 pm

I use the thumbs-forward grip for pistols. Basically, you hold the gun in your strong hand, cup the butt/handle with your off hand, and stack your thumbs along the barrel, on thumb above off thumb. Gabe Suarez said in Concealed Carry Magazine that using a grip that points your thumbs in your intended shooting direction increases your accuracy.

For rifles, I try to keep the but of the gun between my collarbone and shoulder, my off hand just behind the pump (keeping your hand on the pump usually doesn't help stabilize your soaker since pumps are rarely tracked anymore).

Adrian

EDIT:I find it best to loop the strap over your arm (like a woman's purse) rather than over your arm and neck. While arm/neck keeps the gun more secure, you can't raise it as high to fire, meaning your accuracy is going to suffer. Also, it helps accuracy to hook your elbow inside the strap while aiming and put tension on the strap to keep your aim steady.

Edited By Adrian on 1114192590
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

perilous

Post by perilous » Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:13 pm

I fire all my guns one-handed except for my piston guns. I don't really need to hold a gun differently than normal, because I just have had good aim with guns all my life.

Edit: When I am trying to get a very precise shots from my Vaporizer, I hold it up close to the rifht side of my face.

Edited By perilous on 1114206878
Soakage must live on in honor *x*

Check my Soaker Website! It is complete with Forums, Tech, Reviews, and other stuff

http://www.waterwarfarechronicle.50megs.com

cooldood31

Post by cooldood31 » Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:32 pm

On my secret strike and my now dead md2k I pull(ed) the trigger with my middle finger, if that counts. When I use my MX I adjust the strap so that I can fire from my waist without putting any weight on my arms, but that gets a bit hard on the shoulder.

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:57 pm

When I use my 1500 I have the strap over my opposite shoulder so it doesn't slip off. Then the gun only goes down to around where my hip is. This is very comfortable because I only need to use one hand to fire the gun. The other hand is free until I need to pump.
Soaker Media
-[color=E9E9E9]Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci[/color]-

hunter

Post by hunter » Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:15 pm

i do the same thing as u with the devastator isoaker!

@cooldood, if you have probs with the max-d trigger try the max-d trigger repair made by CG and myself.
Stealth over speed. Accuracy over firepower. Coordination over chaos.

Only the arrogant claim they do not make mistakes in combat, hence they never learn.

"I have the two greatest weapons: time and patience."

cooldood31

Post by cooldood31 » Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:23 am

Where might I find instructions to this repair? A bunch of the guns in my dead pile are screaming to find out.

Edited By cooldood31 on 1114266269

hunter

Post by hunter » Sat Apr 23, 2005 2:12 pm

lol, its posted on SSC. Somewhere under tech. It is also found on my site under tech.
http://www.bettafoods.com/CAMM.htm

On my site it is cvalled the FF nozzle mod, but it applies to all max-d's, and it should be called max-d trigger mod. CG and i came up with this mod, and the heading just says auther: hunter, it should also say
concept by: hunter and CG

Edited By hunter on 1114283666
Stealth over speed. Accuracy over firepower. Coordination over chaos.

Only the arrogant claim they do not make mistakes in combat, hence they never learn.

"I have the two greatest weapons: time and patience."

soakerman

Post by soakerman » Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:22 am

concept by: hunter and CG

I'll fix that :;):

On my XP 240 I usually hold the front up with my left hand and position my right hand underneath the gun and pull the trigger like I would pull any other.
ImageImage