Triple shot review

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
isoaker

Triple shot review

Post by isoaker » Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:36 pm

As in the other posts I made recently, I don't have the soaker yet, but thanks to Ray, I have gotten larger pics for your viewing pleasure.

Image used with permission. Not for redistribution.

After seeing bigger pics, I most definitely look forward to testing these soakers out.

Soak on!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:47 am

Most interesting...a (slightly) tracked pump on a pistol... And that handle looks like it'd be quite ergonomic. This can't possibly be CPS can it?

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:59 am

Looks like (and I believe) it is just air-pressurized reservoir. While I'd love to imagine the grey area houses a CPS chamber, I doubt it.

cooldood31

Post by cooldood31 » Fri Jan 14, 2005 4:43 pm

Looks good, sounds great for the size according to the email. I'm just worried about resivoir size, as it looks a bit small.

Iceman

Post by Iceman » Thu Jan 20, 2005 5:03 pm

The Triple Shot looks like a promising soaker pistol. For a pistol of it's size, 35 feet is pretty good of a range, and again the quality of the gun depends on the output it will shoot 35 feet, the shot time, etc. While my team and I have yet to test it out, it looks like we will be buying a few triple shots to replace the Storm 650s that we have now. The tank is supposed to be small, it is meant to be a pistol class weapon. If it is a powerful pistol for its caliber, we may even use it as a backup weapon. So far, this gun is welcome to my arsenal. I agree, this one looks like in encorperates AP Technology. I think a CPS so small like this would seriously ruin the gun's shot time. After all rumors are saying that it is moderatly powerful, I wouldn't worry too much.
_

vaporizer

Post by vaporizer » Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:58 am

This is my review of the STE Triple Shot.

First off, it has three nozzles, 2x, 5x(I guessed), and fan blast. It is a PR blaster. The box says it can shoot 35", and it can, for 1 second on the 5x nozzle. The fan blast fires about 15", and the 2x nozzle shoots 30".

I liked the styling and weight of this blaster. It's very light, even when filled to the max capacity(17 oz.), and the nozzle selector clicks into place easily. There are little things above the nozzles that are always on top when a nozzle is selected. I labeled the nozzles with a Sharpie on those things. The nozzle selection is quite good, for a blaster of its size. The 5x nozzle will give your target a laarge wet mark on their t- shirt.

I didn't like that the capacity for this blaster is soooooooooooo small. The 5x nozzle WILL drain half of your resirvoir in one shot. 17 ounces is just a little too small for a 5x nozzle. A 25 ounce resirvoir would supply the 5x nozzle much better.

Overall, this is a good blaster for small/medium skirmishes, and a good backup. It doesn't carry enough water, though the 2x nozzle does make up for the 5x nozzle's downfalls, with a 4-5 second shot time. I would recommend this blaster to anyone using a MD4k or smaller as a backup.

Score: 8/10
My Armory:
2 MD2K
1 MD3K
1 MD5K
1 Vaporizer
1 XPsed 270 (balloons blew out, and fixed it w. a rubber band)
2 WW Glow- Blasters
1 Spider-Man soaker
1 Flash Flood
1 Triple Shot
1 Gremlin

Coming Soon
Aquapack Devastator
Liquidator

Edited by vaporizer on April 01 2005, 13:10

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:11 pm

Cool! Thanks for the review! I'll try to push it up along with hunter's pics of the soaker in action in the next few days or so.

vaporizer

Post by vaporizer » Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:21 pm

isoaker_com wrote:Cool! Thanks for the review! I'll try to push it up along with hunter's pics of the soaker in action in the next few days or so.

Sweet. :cool: My first review ever.
My Armory:
2 MD2K
1 MD3K
1 MD5K
1 Vaporizer
2 WW Glow- Blasters
1 Spider-Man soaker
1 Flash Flood
1 Triple Shot
1 Gremlin

Coming Soon
Aquapack Devastator
Liquidator

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:25 pm

Just picked up a Triple Shot, but 'tis still boxed awaiting to be photographed before opening and reviewing.

As I'm a little lagged in terms of acquired, but unreviewed soakers, my current order of reviews to be done are:
i) Water Warriors Krypton
ii) Super Soaker Arctic Shock
iii) Super Soaker Triple Shot
iv) Super Soaker Wookiee Blaster and Mt. Tiki Soki (boxed reviews - no testing)
v) Super Soaker SS10 (limited review on 2nd hand soaker)
vi) Super Soaker SS20 (limited review on 2nd hand soaker)
vii) Super Soaker XP150 (limited review on 2nd hand soaker)

As more new soakers are acquired, the latter reviews ( v through vii ) will end up pushed farther down the priority listing since I'd rather review available soakers first before rare items.

vaporizer

Post by vaporizer » Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:16 pm

Cool. More reviews to read.
My Armory:
2 MD2K
1 MD3K
1 MD5K
1 Vaporizer
2 WW Glow- Blasters
1 Spider-Man soaker
1 Flash Flood
1 Triple Shot
1 Gremlin

Coming Soon
Aquapack Devastator
Liquidator

soakerman

Post by soakerman » Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:18 am

Finally, A triple shot :goofy:. too bad it's not next in line........

:soakon:
ImageImage

UKbigman91

Post by UKbigman91 » Sun Apr 10, 2005 3:58 pm

i tried out my tripple shot out for the first time today since i got it for easter, and it leaked!!! My mom says i can get another instead, so im gonna get the flash flood!!! :D

soakerman

Post by soakerman » Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:30 am

Nice review vaporizer, looking forward to more :)
ImageImage

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:46 pm

Triple Shot Review posted. Enjoy!

Next soaker in line for review in the Water Warriors Argon. However, I plan on doing some general site maintenance first so that review won't be done for a little while (est. 2 weeks or so).

cooldood31

Post by cooldood31 » Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:24 pm

Great review! I can't wait until the Argon review is up (type faster!).

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:33 pm

cooldood31 wrote:Great review! I can't wait until the Argon review is up (type faster!).
Thanks for the kudos on the review!

As for typing faster, it's not typing that's the problem; it's finding the time to do everything involved that's the problem (as well as maintaining my real life stuff as well.. huh? I have a real life? go fig! :goofy: ).

cooldood31

Post by cooldood31 » Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:14 am

If that's the case... Maintain your real life stuff faster! :goofy:

Hyperion330

Post by Hyperion330 » Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:11 am

6.9 oz. per second! You're joking. A PR blaster getting 6.9 oz per second is crazy. Absolutely crazy!

:wacko:
I can kill you with my brain.

If someone tries to kill you, you try to kill them right back!

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:56 am

Hyperion330 wrote:6.9 oz. per second! You're joking. A PR blaster getting 6.9 oz per second is crazy. Absolutely crazy!

:wacko:
That's what I thought at first, but I do multiple shots to average out the nozzle stats. Each one was ~200mL/sec! However, there are two thing to remember about this one: it only manages to push out a little more than 200mL (~6.9oz) and the shot lasts just over 1 sec. After the shot, you've totally depressurized the reservoir and don't have enough water left (even if you just filled the Triple Shot) to shoot another full blast at that setting.

Hmm.. I just realized I need to edit that review a bit. I should have mentioned the reservoir's intake tube. While decent, the fact that there is an intake tube does mean that not all the water in the reservoir can be used as well. Will be added in sometime today hopefully. :goofy:

:cooll:

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:09 am

Sorry to be corrective but on the pump section you have put Artic Shock instead of Triple Shot.

Anyway, great review!

:bm2700:

Edited By Wild Boys on 1114272593