Is it safe to store my super soakers outside?

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
scorpion

Post by scorpion » Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:26 pm

Would my guns break after being kept in a shed? I am afraid it would weaken the internals. Please answer asap.
AXE BOMB!!!

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:41 pm

Long as you don't store them pressurized or loaded or anything like that, I'd think they'd be fine. I'd hesitate to store CPSs outside, not sure what cold weather would do to a rubber p/c...then again, you might live in Hawaii and not have to worry about the same temperatures that northerners do.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:45 pm

As Adrian suggested, it really depends on temperatures as well as general moisture levels. If the shed is fairly try and relatively constant in temperature (never dropping below freezing or getting too hot i.e. not much above 30C), your soakers should be ok. However, more extreme temperatures can play havoc with O-rings, plastic tubing, joints, etc. If temperatures vary a lot, I'd reconsider thing or try to insulate the storage contained your soakers are going into to prevent large, sudden temperature changes.

Moisture/humidity should also be low to prevent growth of buggies.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Apr 09, 2005 7:50 am

I've tried freezing some LRT chunks that aren't usable anymore. Nothing really happened. It won't hurt the CPS tubing after a day or two I suppose, but always try to minimize exposure to cold, especially when some water might be in the internals!

Racer wrote a guide to storing water gun. He doesn't recommend storing them outside. I don't see any problem if the temperture is stable and they are safe from dirt and bugs.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:24 am

Here is also some general blaster care and storage info that was written awhile ago (back when Larami was around). Perhaps it could use an update.

I store my soakers for long-term storage in large plastic boxes indoors (in a cool and quiet area). Soakers in these boxes are now layered between bubble wrap to prevent crushing of parts on soakers new the bottom of these bins (I've, unfortunately, damaged a couple of soakers in the past due to lack of bubble wrap and them being squished at odd angles by other soakers on top). Soakers I use more frequently are stored on hangars (if they have a shoulder strap) or on towel-lined shelves in a closet to minimize dust/dirt accumulation.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:43 am

Belisaurius kept his Monster X outside and had water left inside the whole time. When winter came, the water froze and caused the QFD part to have an inch long crack. Always remember to empty all water.
Soaker Media
-[color=E9E9E9]Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci[/color]-

UKbigman91

Post by UKbigman91 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:58 pm

in a shed would be fine, but dont leave it on the ground outside. I have done that before, and with the sun and temp changes, it broke. But in a shed should be fine.

Ultor_Solis

Post by Ultor_Solis » Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:36 pm

Come to Florida where there is eternal summer and water! If the temperature goes anywhere below 50, it's only for a day. The biggest cause of soaker degradation while storing, it's from insects and other critters of the like.
:D
~~~~Ultor_Solis

Soaker Master

Post by Soaker Master » Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:33 pm

I am glad I did not leave my waterguns outside when I did not know any better a long time ago. :)