Best first gun to get?

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
RawisJericho

Post by RawisJericho » Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:46 pm

I am going to get a water gun here soon. I have the old neon green super soaker, but that won't cut it anymore. I also have the first two barrell super soaker.

I was thinking about getting the Arctic Blast gun, but after reading the Flash Flood review, I really like it. Is it a good gun to start off with? All I would be using it for is just to play soaking games with my friends or sneak attacks on friends.

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:57 pm

Welcome to the boards, enjoy your stay!

The FF is infinitely better than the Arctic Shock. The AS is overpriced for its performance, and the FF is worth more than the $5 difference in price. Go with the FF.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

RawisJericho

Post by RawisJericho » Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:10 pm

Adrian wrote:Welcome to the boards, enjoy your stay!

The FF is infinitely better than the Arctic Shock. The AS is overpriced for its performance, and the FF is worth more than the $5 difference in price. Go with the FF.

Adrian
Awesome, thanks for the advice. I am going to see if my Wal-Mart has them for sale when I go in to work tonight.

:D

emperor_james

Post by emperor_james » Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:56 pm

I would actually reccomend that you get the water warriors Blazer, if you can find one in your area. Otherwise, I think you would do better for a starting gun with the Aquapack Devastator, as it has more power and a larger reservoir without sacrificing anything. However, the FF is okay, just not as powerful.
ownage

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:04 pm

^ both the Blazer and the Flash Flood are pretty solid blasters for their size and price range. The Blazer is the larger of the two and performs very well. However, I'll also admit I really like the feel of the Flash Flood, not to mention the 'Flash Flood' nozzle, itself. I can't wait to be able to test it out in battle when the weather's warmer.

Depends on your personal preference on size, weight, and costs.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

hunter

Post by hunter » Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:32 pm

I wich I could get a blazer locally.
Stealth over speed. Accuracy over firepower. Coordination over chaos.

Only the arrogant claim they do not make mistakes in combat, hence they never learn.

"I have the two greatest weapons: time and patience."

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:39 pm

Also check for the BBT Pirahna. It's probably the best new "assault-rifle" in the water warfare market at the moment.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

Hyperion330

Post by Hyperion330 » Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:42 pm

If you look pretty hard, you could find a CPS2100 in a Sports Academy or Authority for about $20-$25. That outperforms both the FF and the Blazer, but might be a bit unruly if you're too trigger happy.
I can kill you with my brain.

If someone tries to kill you, you try to kill them right back!

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:43 pm

Looking at these posts, I have really started to realize how much water gun options have improved since E.E.S. I should pick up a APD but I have other things to save for.

:soakon2:
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

vaporizer

Post by vaporizer » Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:20 pm

isoaker_com wrote:^ both the Blazer and the Flash Flood are pretty solid blasters for their size and price range. The Blazer is the larger of the two and performs very well. However, I'll also admit I really like the feel of the Flash Flood, not to mention the 'Flash Flood' nozzle, itself. I can't wait to be able to test it out in battle when the weather's warmer.

Depends on your personal preference on size, weight, and costs.

:cool:
It works well. :) I had a fight with my friends last weekend, and the water gets to the target faster than the normal nozzle. My only gripe about it is that the pump is pretty slow.
My Armory:
2 MD2K
1 MD3K
1 MD5K
1 Vaporizer
1 XPsed 270 (balloons blew out, and fixed it w. a rubber band)
2 WW Glow- Blasters
1 Spider-Man soaker
1 Flash Flood
1 Triple Shot
1 Gremlin

Coming Soon
Aquapack Devastator
Liquidator

Edited by vaporizer on April 01 2005, 13:10

UKbigman91

Post by UKbigman91 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:41 pm

The flash flood is really great. It is the only water gun i have ever gotton a kick back from (ala the "flash flood" nozzle. I like to call it the connon because of its power).

cooldood31

Post by cooldood31 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:33 pm

I would get a Water Warriors Blazer or Piranha. I don't trust those Max-d triggers, I've had too many of them break on me.

DX

Post by DX » Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:50 pm

If you look pretty hard, you could find a CPS2100 in a Sports Academy or Authority for about $20-$25. That outperforms both the FF and the Blazer, but might be a bit unruly if you're too trigger happy.

You could get a 2100 at a Sports Authority for $10 you know...:;): The 2100 is more powerful than most of the other guns that are out now. All depends on what stat you want. If you want range, don't get the FF, its range sucks badly. If you want output, the FF is ok. Capacity favors the APD. The Piranha and Blazer do well overall.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Hyperion330

Post by Hyperion330 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:32 pm

Well, I got my CPS2100 for $10 at TRU, but I've seen them for around $20 at Sports Authority. Haven't been to TRU in ages (around a YEAR), so I wouldn't know about that place. As for another recommendation, while I don't think the Blazer is any better than the CPS2100, the Blazer does outrange it. Personally, I just don't think a soaker as big as the Blazer can justify a weak 3.5x output, though the range and shot time are very good. Finally, I think that capacity would favor the Hydra Pak, which has a 6 liter backpack that is actually big, as opposed to the APD's 3 liter backpack.

Offtopic EDIT: Dux, you might want to fix the "tomorrow" in your signature.

Edited By Hyperion330 on 1113269607
I can kill you with my brain.

If someone tries to kill you, you try to kill them right back!