Tactical Scenario #2 - Through the straight and narrow

Water warfare tactical scenarios, role-playing threads, and fictional stories.
isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:29 pm

Environment: Mixed deciduous & evergreen trees and shrubs.
Time: Mid-afternoon
Weather Conditions: Warm to Hot, slight breeze, moderate humidity
Game Type: Team Duels - Wettest Team Loses
Game Time: In Progress. 15 minutes game time remaining.

Team Descriptions:
Your Team - you plus 2 friends
Opposing Team:3 other friends
General Armament: all players are using mid-to-high class air pressure soakers or small CPS-soakers (nothing larger than a CPS1000) plus a couple of small water balloons

The Scenario:
You hooked up with a handful of friends for some water fight action on a nice summer's day. Today, strict rules felt too heavy, thus you all agreed on a general team-based soakfest with the wettest team buying pizza for everyone afterwards. Determining which team was wettest was typically rather a subjective thing, but heck, the local pizza wasn't too pricy and everyone was in for the fun of it. To prevent people from drying off after an extended amount of time, total game time was set at 1 hour, but with unlimited refills if you could get to the refill station that was about a 5-minute loop back-n-forth plus refill time beyond the forest.

Your favourite battlegrounds were in a small forest (a grove of trees to some) that was part of a larger park area. The problem was that there was no running fountains in the forest area, itself, meaning one had to exit the trees and enter the open grounds to refill. As such, all agreed that anywhere beyond the trees was a no-soaking zone.

The forest, itself, was a good mix of tree types. Between the trees, the foliage made pushing through difficult, but not impossible. For the more feint of heart, there were some paths carved out through the forest to allow parents with small children or strollers to go along, but the openness of those paths made one a more easy target.

The problem is that you are about 100'-150' from the edge of the forest, but were running low on water. You had a full PC's worth of water, but only a few dribbles more within your soaker's reservoir. In the last mini-skirmish, you managed to only take on a couple of light 'lining' on your shirt from an opponents MaxD6000, but during your escape to drier grounds, you ended up separated from the rest of your team. The fastest way towards the refill station would be to take the main path through the trees (you'd need roughly 8 minutes to complete a refilling run), but that would leave you in the open area while your opponents could easily be hiding and blasting you from behind the foliage. The whereabouts of your teammates are unknown at present, but were likely within earshot if you shouted. Of course, the same holds true for your opponents. You also believe your allies and foes are a little better off in terms of water remaining than you (oddly, enough, you brought the smallest of the soakers this time).

So, what do YOU do to help you team as a whole be the drier ones, not the pizza-buying soggy ones?

Sidenote: the total amount of water in your water balloons would, at best, offer one more full shot from your soaker's PC if you chose to refill using them.
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

DX

Post by DX » Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:21 pm

Are we allowed to take "tap shots" and if so, how many with one tank? That will greatly affect my strategy.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:52 am

Duxburian wrote:Are we allowed to take "tap shots" and if so, how many with one tank? That will greatly affect my strategy.

Tap shots are most definitely allowed. A typical PC can get, on average, 4-6 tap shots (more if you have practiced a lot). If you feel you'd be able to pull off a specific number of tap shots, just state it along with what soaker you are imagining yourself using. Tactics, in the end, really depend on what a particular person is capable of. The only limit you should apply depends on what you feel YOU can actually do for a given situation. I hope for multiple solutions since some may work better for some people and other solutions will work better for others.

:cool:

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:57 pm

I'm going to slink along the side of the path in the forest, where the going should be easier. I'll double- or triple-tap any opponents I come across, strafing onto the trail to get a better sight picture, and better space to move in if I think I'm in trouble. I'll head out of the woods and refill, then enter the woods and find a nice secluded spot along the main path where it'd be nigh-on impossible to sneak up on me. Then I'd shout for my team and sort out whoever showed up.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

DX

Post by DX » Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:23 am

A typical PC can get, on average, 4-6 tap shots (more if you have practiced a lot).

4-6? An experienced user can get up to 30 tap shots out of a mid-size CPS weapon. My 2500 can yield more than 50! [Yes, I've counted them] A modded 2100 gets over 70 for some reason. Of course these are extremely short shots that will let your tank last for an hour or more.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:50 am

4-6? An experienced user can get up to 30 tap shots out of a mid-size CPS weapon.

I mistook your wording 'tap shots' for my typical 'short bursts'. Oops! :goofy:

Anyhow, the tap shots you're referring to, as I stand corrected, are the really small shots that just barely push out a stream, ending pretty much as soon as the first cohesive bit of stream exits the nozzle. In that case, you're right. You can likely easily pull off 25-35 from an average blaster, but the amount of soakage you can hope to attain from the shot is really minimal.

XP20Warrior

Post by XP20Warrior » Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:09 am

I will take the shortest distance to the water fountain, making my way through the brush. If I run into an opponent, I would tap shot him and lob a water balloon, then get going as soon as possible.

However, I have learned my lesson from that type of situation. No matter if its even an XP-15, always carry a sidearm. Trust me, its a lifesaver. I usually tote my Storm 500 in combination with my other weapon, usually an SC Triple Charge or CPS 2100. When I have a full PC on my 2100, I usually switch to my sidearm and use it while heading for a fill-up, leaving the 2100 for really bad situations that my 500 won't do.
"Although it is a beautiful place among the stars, danger lurks in the shadows. That's what Alliance Command's for."

-Captain Ivan Reilly
IGA Intrepid
Closing Speeches After the Xidian Wars

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:29 am

You can use a Storm 500 effectively? I've got one and it hardly pressurizes, much less shoots anything of substance more than once. Getting it to shoot anything of substance even once is chancy.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

XP20Warrior

Post by XP20Warrior » Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:21 pm

I'll discuss how I'm able to use a 500 to pack a big bite in another topic, since this is scenarios. But I can. And I'll explain all about it. My former opponents called me a "small arms" expert. :p
"Although it is a beautiful place among the stars, danger lurks in the shadows. That's what Alliance Command's for."

-Captain Ivan Reilly
IGA Intrepid
Closing Speeches After the Xidian Wars

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:22 pm

Duxburian wrote:
A typical PC can get, on average, 4-6 tap shots (more if you have practiced a lot).

4-6? An experienced user can get up to 30 tap shots out of a mid-size CPS weapon. My 2500 can yield more than 50! [Yes, I've counted them] A modded 2100 gets over 70 for some reason. Of course these are extremely short shots that will let your tank last for an hour or more.
70? Are you sure? The most I've done is maybe 25. 70 just seems a little outrageous to me, no offense.
Soaker Media
-[color=E9E9E9]Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci[/color]-

DX

Post by DX » Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:02 pm

If you really try, you can get up to 70. However in a battle you won't be focusing on getting literally the shortest bursts possible, so the number in combat would be lower, around 30-40.

For this scenario, I would make my way towards the fountain and throw rocks in other directions to distract any opponents in the area. If someone is really close by, I would attack them when they look towards where the rock was thrown. After refilling, I would take up a good defensive position safe from surprise attacks and then shout for the team.

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Sun Feb 27, 2005 3:19 pm

I tend to stick with "short bursts" like iSoaker, merely due to the fact that on most "mid" CPS class weapons, pumping is not that long of a procedure, and overall ouput in a soak fest is much more important. Not to mention that with a light CPS weapon/mid to heavy xp rifle, your mobility increases, and makes you a harder target to hit.
As for me, I'm not going to post a solution to this scenario, because the overall phsical layout is a little hard for me to imagine, plus I don't feel like writing right now :p .

:soakon:
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun Feb 27, 2005 5:12 pm

Sidenote: Tactical Scenario #3 to be posted on Friday, Mar 4, 2005. I want to have 3 scenarios with various solutions ready prior to formatting the new subsection on iSoaker.com.

I should also note I'll push up my own thoughts on what I'd do for each of the given scenarios to add to the idea pool.

soakerman

Post by soakerman » Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:44 am

Adrian wrote:You can use a Storm 500 effectively? I've got one and it hardly pressurizes, much less shoots anything of substance more than once. Getting it to shoot anything of substance even once is chancy.

Adrian

What you should actually be trying to get out of it would be a cohesive burst,that's more of a gun that you would use tap shots with.

now for the scenario.

My Primary objective would be to refill ASAP.I would try to make my way to the fountain as quickly and as quietly as possible.Once refilled I would hide somewhere(maybe in a tree) and make some noise or something so the enemy would come and then ambush them.there are other options but the main objective would be to refill.

:soakon2:

Edited By soakerman on 1109605560
ImageImage