STE Arctic Shock - ^

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
isoaker

STE Arctic Shock - ^

Post by isoaker » Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:34 pm

Well, I don't have one yet, but I got a larger pic available.

Thanks, Ray!

Image used with permission. Not for redistribution.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

FlameKnight

Post by FlameKnight » Fri Jan 14, 2005 5:01 am

Hmm... Is it just me, or are the pump handles on the STE soakers a little smaller than usual?

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Jan 14, 2005 5:51 am

Yes, I noticed that as well. This Artic Shock also appears to have two reservoirs. I suppose one is for ice and the other is for water? That would make sense as this is the one that supposedly freezes your competition.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:37 am

Bottom part seems to have a much larger opening so I believe Doom's hypothesis is correct. However, the upper reservoice just doesn't appear to be that large. I assume this thing has a separate pressure chamber, but then again, I've been fooled before by pictures (i.e. Max-D5000). I'm going to ask Ray for a little more insight into these soakers since, well, he has 'em.

cooldood31

Post by cooldood31 » Fri Jan 14, 2005 4:48 pm

I'm liking the colour scheme, and I think the pump handles are a bit small too. I guess we'll just have to wait until someone gets one to find out if it's seperate pressure chamber tech or not.

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:07 pm

Man, those pumps look like they're from some pistols and they stuck them onto rifles...
Looks interesting. ???

cooldood31

Post by cooldood31 » Sat Jan 15, 2005 8:30 am

Just realized something. The pump itself will be farely short seeing as it can only go back as far as the trigger guard due to it's positioning on this blaster.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun Jan 16, 2005 9:42 am

I bugged Ray with a bunch of questions and here's what he replied with regarding the Arctic Shock. Many, MANY thanks, Ray!
The artic shock's pump stem is shorter than other models of its size but this gun still packs a good punch. This gun has one resevoir. The top part of the resevoir is just the back blue chamber which is connected to the bottom resevoir by the handle, so when you load water through the top part, it just flows through the handle to the bottom part of the chamber until the water fills up to the top part. The bottom chamber noticebley has a larger opening this cap is tethered to the gun. inside is a "removable core". This core has 2 parts, a sleeve, and a sort of icicle pop stick. You'll remove the stick part, fill the sleeve with water, insert the stick into the sleeve, then freeze. Remove core from freezer, separate stick from the sleeve and you have a icicle pop on a stick. You then place this "icicle pop on a stick" into the core chamber and close it up. Then load with water from the top part of the chamber. So see the water is cooled by simply by being around the icicle, which is about 6 inches long and 2 inches thick.(or you can just add ice). The arctic shock takes about 20 pumps to pressurize 100%, and is based upon air pressure technology. I don't know for sure if there is a separte pressure chamger for this gun, however just listening to it while I pump it, it sounds like it, and looks like the blue part behind the nozzle could be a separate pressure chamber. The resevoir holds 40oz. I don't know if the ice core is effective at cooling the stream I havent tried it yet, I figured the only way to truly test that would be under ideal (summer) conditions. The overall balance of the gun feels good and I would rate the power at a little better than the hydroblade.

cooldood31

Post by cooldood31 » Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:02 am

Interesting. Though I prefer to use warm water (muahaha). But how can he not be sure if it has a seperate pressure chamber or not? :oo:

Edited By cooldood31 on 1105887754

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:07 am

But how can he not be sure if it has a seperate pressure chamber or not?

Not sure why, but I emailed him back anyhow on an almost fool-proof check: pressurize the blaster and open the reservoir cap. If air/water comes out and the soaker can no longer shoot, no separate pressure chamber. This test works for all soakers with the exception of the Max-D Secret Strike since that one uses both. :goofy:

Edit: from Ray:
I tested the arctic shock by pressurizing the soaker then opening it. No water came out and it can still shoot. So as expected the blue chamber behind the nozzle must be a separate pressure chamber. The triple shot doesnt have a separate chamber.

cooldood31

Post by cooldood31 » Tue Jan 18, 2005 3:23 pm

That's a good sign. Although I bet the pressure chamber is irregularly shaped, we'll see though.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:52 pm

Arctic Shock review posted.

Enjoy!

snipergirl

Post by snipergirl » Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:47 am

Not bad :)

Edited By snipergirl on 1112968100
Words may hurt me and scar my heart, my life may be torn and falling apart; My silence says more than your closed door, do as you wish-I WILL even this score.

soakerman

Post by soakerman » Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:19 am

Once again, A great review isoaker! keep up the good work.
ImageImage

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:00 am

I hope you guys like the reviews. As for the Arctic Shock soaker, itself, well, it has many shortcomings. Thankfully there's always the Flash Flood and Aquapack Devastator for the Super Soaker line.

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:57 am

Yes, we like the reviews. Quite informative.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.