Water Warriors Krypton Review - Here it is...by request!

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
sbell25

Post by sbell25 » Thu Dec 30, 2004 8:02 pm

Okay, so this is my first attempt at a review. Could people let me know what they think and also any potential improvements for this and future reviews. Thanks!

Water Warriors Krypton Review

The Krypton is the largest of the new pre-charger line from Water Warriors; comparable in size to a CPS 1500/1700. While it is a good gun, there is definitely room for some improvement.

The pre-charge system employed by this blaster is quite interesting: before filling, push the pre-charge button in, pump 13 times, fill with water, and you only need to pump 3 times to achieve maximum pressure. It behaves similarly to pre-pumping air into an air-pressure soaker...however the pre-charged air stays inside until you release it via a small valve on the side of the blaster, meaning you only have to do it once.

The overall construction of this gun feels quite strong, and has been dropped onto concrete fully loaded (obviously not on purpose) and only suffered a few minor scratches. The 3.5l reservoir is a good size too, and the gun can be carried around easily even when fully loaded. This gun also has the electronic pressure gauge which is a feature on a lot of Water Warriors blasters, but thankfully has a second non-electronic gauge as well.

Now I have to say, pumping this thing is HARD. Despite needing only 3 pumps, it is quite difficult. I find an easy fix is to release a small amount of the pre-charged air; this does make the gun less powerful, but makes pumping that much easier.

The nozzle selection is pretty good. There are 3 different sizes ranging from ~1.5x to 8x, with shot times from 5 seconds on the smallest setting to a little less than a second on the largest nozzle. Streams produced from this gun are very powerful on all settings and behave similarly to CPS, except that there is virtually no drop-off at all.

Unfortunately, the main problem with this blaster lies in the size of its pressure chamber. At only 180ml, it's not really enough to give someone a thorough soaking (or multiple people for that matter) and the shot time on the largest nozzle is VERY short.

Overall, this would be an excellent gun but the small pressure chamber and rock-hard pumping make it less than perfect. On the other hand, the good power, wide range of nozzles and large reservoir capacity mean that it is still a very effective larger blaster if used correctly.

STATS

Reservoir Capacity: 3,500ml
Pressure Chamber Capacity: 180ml
Range: 11-12 meters
Max output:
Nozzle 1: 50ml/s
Nozzle 2: 80ml/s
Nozzle 3: ~250ml/s
(Please note that this is the output at the beginning of the shot, this lessens as the pressure chamber empties)
Shot time:
Nozzle 1: 5 seconds
Nozzle 2: 2.75 seconds
Nozzle 3: .75 seconds
Pumps to fill:
Pre-charge: 13
Pressure Chamber: 3
Pump Shaft Volume: 60ml
Shots per Tank: 19.5

sbell25

Post by sbell25 » Thu Dec 30, 2004 8:02 pm

Okay, so this is my first attempt at a review. Could people let me know what they think and also any potential improvements for this and future reviews. Thanks!

Water Warriors Krypton Review

The Krypton is the largest of the new pre-charger line from Water Warriors; comparable in size to a CPS 1500/1700. While it is a good gun, there is definitely room for some improvement.

The pre-charge system employed by this blaster is quite interesting: before filling, push the pre-charge button in, pump 13 times, fill with water, and you only need to pump 3 times to achieve maximum pressure. It behaves similarly to pre-pumping air into an air-pressure soaker...however the pre-charged air stays inside until you release it via a small valve on the side of the blaster, meaning you only have to do it once.

The overall construction of this gun feels quite strong, and has been dropped onto concrete fully loaded (obviously not on purpose) and only suffered a few minor scratches. The 3.5l reservoir is a good size too, and the gun can be carried around easily even when fully loaded. This gun also has the electronic pressure gauge which is a feature on a lot of Water Warriors blasters, but thankfully has a second non-electronic gauge as well.

Now I have to say, pumping this thing is HARD. Despite needing only 3 pumps, it is quite difficult. I find an easy fix is to release a small amount of the pre-charged air; this does make the gun less powerful, but makes pumping that much easier.

The nozzle selection is pretty good. There are 3 different sizes ranging from ~1.5x to 8x, with shot times from 5 seconds on the smallest setting to a little less than a second on the largest nozzle. Streams produced from this gun are very powerful on all settings and behave similarly to CPS, except that there is virtually no drop-off at all.

Unfortunately, the main problem with this blaster lies in the size of its pressure chamber. At only 180ml, it's not really enough to give someone a thorough soaking (or multiple people for that matter) and the shot time on the largest nozzle is VERY short.

Overall, this would be an excellent gun but the small pressure chamber and rock-hard pumping make it less than perfect. On the other hand, the good power, wide range of nozzles and large reservoir capacity mean that it is still a very effective larger blaster if used correctly.

STATS

Reservoir Capacity: 3,500ml
Pressure Chamber Capacity: 180ml
Range: 11-12 meters
Max output:
Nozzle 1: 50ml/s
Nozzle 2: 80ml/s
Nozzle 3: ~250ml/s
(Please note that this is the output at the beginning of the shot, this lessens as the pressure chamber empties)
Shot time:
Nozzle 1: 5 seconds
Nozzle 2: 2.75 seconds
Nozzle 3: .75 seconds
Pumps to fill:
Pre-charge: 13
Pressure Chamber: 3
Pump Shaft Volume: 60ml
Shots per Tank: 19.5

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:54 pm

Good review. It gets 19.5 shots per tank? I guess that makes up for the short shot time.

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:54 pm

Good review. It gets 19.5 shots per tank? I guess that makes up for the short shot time.

Hyperion330

Post by Hyperion330 » Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:06 pm

Well, since it's only three difficult pumps back up to full pressure, the PC can't be at all that big. Plus, 180ml for three pumps is awesome.

EDIT: That's near XP150 pump volume, which is extraordinary.

EDIT #2: Ok, the metric measurements for the outputs are mildly unclear to me (gotta work on that). Through a conversion table (approx. values): 50ml = 1.69 oz., 80ml = 2.7 oz., 250ml = 8.45 oz. So, there are some pretty good nozzle sizes, but why the huge jump from 2.7x to 8.5x? I would prefer a 5x nozzle.

Edited By Hyperion330 on 1104463002
I can kill you with my brain.

If someone tries to kill you, you try to kill them right back!

Hyperion330

Post by Hyperion330 » Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:06 pm

Well, since it's only three difficult pumps back up to full pressure, the PC can't be at all that big. Plus, 180ml for three pumps is awesome.

EDIT: That's near XP150 pump volume, which is extraordinary.

EDIT #2: Ok, the metric measurements for the outputs are mildly unclear to me (gotta work on that). Through a conversion table (approx. values): 50ml = 1.69 oz., 80ml = 2.7 oz., 250ml = 8.45 oz. So, there are some pretty good nozzle sizes, but why the huge jump from 2.7x to 8.5x? I would prefer a 5x nozzle.

Edited By Hyperion330 on 1104463002
I can kill you with my brain.

If someone tries to kill you, you try to kill them right back!

sbell25

Post by sbell25 » Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:10 pm

Thanks for your comments. Admittedly, my measurements for largest nozzle aren't too accurate as the PC is empty before I can time one second, but there is still a huge difference between nozzle 2 and 3. In terms of size, nozzle 2 is just under 2mm in diameter (around 5/64 of an inch) but nozzle 3 is 5mm (around 13/64 of an inch). I also thought that the sizes were a bit odd, but they are still all useful anyway. And about that pump, 3 pumps to full pressure does sound good, but I would have preferred 6 'normal' pumps instead as this would be much easier and probably quicker as well.

sbell25

Post by sbell25 » Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:10 pm

Thanks for your comments. Admittedly, my measurements for largest nozzle aren't too accurate as the PC is empty before I can time one second, but there is still a huge difference between nozzle 2 and 3. In terms of size, nozzle 2 is just under 2mm in diameter (around 5/64 of an inch) but nozzle 3 is 5mm (around 13/64 of an inch). I also thought that the sizes were a bit odd, but they are still all useful anyway. And about that pump, 3 pumps to full pressure does sound good, but I would have preferred 6 'normal' pumps instead as this would be much easier and probably quicker as well.

FlameKnight

Post by FlameKnight » Fri Dec 31, 2004 3:58 am

Hmm... It sounds alright, but I think I'll pick up a blazer before getting one of these.

FlameKnight

Post by FlameKnight » Fri Dec 31, 2004 3:58 am

Hmm... It sounds alright, but I think I'll pick up a blazer before getting one of these.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Dec 31, 2004 11:23 am

Thanks for the review! Good info and nice to read opinions on a soaker I've yet to try! I'll push it up onto iSoaker.com once I've generated a page and database entry for the new soaker.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Dec 31, 2004 11:23 am

Thanks for the review! Good info and nice to read opinions on a soaker I've yet to try! I'll push it up onto iSoaker.com once I've generated a page and database entry for the new soaker.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:10 am

This review should finally be making its way onto iSoaker.com tonight or tomorrow. Anyone have a pic of the Krypton I can use until I manage to take one, myself?

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:10 am

This review should finally be making its way onto iSoaker.com tonight or tomorrow. Anyone have a pic of the Krypton I can use until I manage to take one, myself?