For 2005 - ^

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
FlameKnight

Post by FlameKnight » Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:45 pm

I'm hoping that there will be more released than what is on the box...

Iceman

Post by Iceman » Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:49 pm

Yes, information from Hasbro, Statistics, range tests, output tests, field tests, etc. All these tests will need to be conducted to give a fair judgement. From what we see we know:

-----------------------------------------------------------
+ This may and looks like an improvement from the EES and Soakertag line.
+ Hasbro is attempting a backpack soaker
+ Blasters look very appealing, (promising if not piston IMO)
-----------------------------------------------------------

Everything else is a big question mark. Only time and information releases can give us exact information, Info leaks like this are not 100% sure. Lets just hope that the 2005 Soaker Season will be a good one :cool: .

Edited By Iceman on 1103860198
_

DX

Post by DX » Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:18 pm

As for your 65 foot shooting 21K, you have not tested it yet. So you cant really call it any type of range until you fix your gun and see how far it really goes. Power obsessed people lose sight of the real meaning of soakers. I love to get huge long range. But thats not all that I look for.

You don't even have your facts right. 65ft. was tested. You were even there. I haven't tested for 70ft. or more, that's what you are thinking of. And I'm not obsessed with range, nor is that all I look for, which is what I believe you are implying. And stop insulting my views which you do constantly/ every chance. Back on topic, I don't think we should make too many assumptions until we can get more info. We've been basing all our views from a picture where you can barely read or see the details of the soakers.

<EDIT> You are still wrong. I tested the unpainted 21K and it shot to 65. You were there and saw that. I wanted to test the black 21K to try for 70ft but then the check valve broke.

Edited By Duxburian on 1103900711
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:32 pm

I was not there and I know you haven't tested it yet because your check valve blew. Don't deny your obsession. I'm not insulting you. It just gets annoying that you say the same thing over and over about how you have a "50 foot standard."

Back on topic. I agree that we can't make assumptions until we get more info.
Soaker Media
-[color=E9E9E9]Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci[/color]-

RAK

Post by RAK » Fri Dec 24, 2004 12:15 am

as far as first impressions go, i would agree with many people here that these soakers are defintely not as bad as we have seen before in recent years. i remember people flipping out at EES... if only we could have those back... nah, those suxx0rz. but really, these look kinda cool. i'm interested to see what hasbro came up with this time. their crack team of engineers should come up with something useful this time.

ChrisReid

Post by ChrisReid » Sun Jan 02, 2005 3:18 am

Boy, I must really be on a different wavelength from you guys. I think the new soakers look great, but I really can't predict what you guys will think. It seems the consensus, from these tiny blurry images, is very positive. Yet equally blurry images in years past have invited negative reactions. Oh well, I expect to have some to test very soon.