New Idea for Intense Gameplay

Development of the WaterWar.net League.
SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

New Idea for Intense Gameplay

Post by SEAL » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:06 am

Hey all, so I've been doing some thinking. I've come to the conclusion that water wars just aren't intense enough anymore. We just show up, go into the woods, and start shooting at each other. There's nothing at stake, which makes it kind of hard to get into. So what's the solution to this? I'm glad you asked.

We play for money.

Picture this: before the battle each player from each team puts forth a certain amount, say $20. When the battle is over, the winning team takes all of it, and it could either be divided equally, or based on performance or something. There are other ways to spice it up too! Team captains could contribute a higher amount, and whoever can kill them gets that amount. You could have more than two teams, which means the winning team wins even bigger. Instead of capture the flag, you could have capture the money! Maybe the VIP could carry a whole wad of cash! There are so many possibilities!

So fellas, what do you think? I think it can't fail. It'll bring a more competitive atmosphere into the community, and give us some good old-fashioned rivalry that we still haven't really brought back from the good ol' days. No need to thank me, just another example of my genius.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: New Idea for Intense Gameplay

Post by HBWW » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:02 am

In the nerf world, this isn't an April Fools joke anymore. Not kidding.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

marauder

Post by marauder » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:06 am

Part of me likes the idea, but mostly I think it might incentivize cheating.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:47 pm

Yeah, this wasn't really meant to be taken seriously, as the date implies. It did stem from a serious idea I had a while back though. Like marauder, I do kinda like the idea, but then I realized that it would result in the same kind of gameplay as we got when we tracked stats, only ten times worse. Lots of 0-0 ties, and yes, likely cheating as well. Probably not necessarily by intention, but it's easy to convince yourself that you in fact did not get hit when there's money at stake, haha. It would probably work better in like paintball or something that isn't honor-based.

The only real way to ramp up the intensity is to bring back the HOG. Unfortunately that does not look like it will be possible, at least for a while. However me and my brother did discuss possibly trying out a 'HOG Lite', which would be much less crazy and hardcore, and designed for smaller numbers. The core gameplay style would be the same though: one team has to invade a completely unknown battlefield and complete a series of objectives. Just to test the waters.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:25 pm

Mini Hog sound cool, Honestly I think WW.net is slowly dieing and Hog could be a much needed kick to get us moving new people again
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo: