Elbows and hoses

Guides and discussions about building water blasters and other water warfare devices such as water balloon launchers.
dragonclass

Elbows and hoses

Post by dragonclass » Mon May 26, 2014 3:08 pm

:cps2000: So, I'm back in the game and wanting to convert the Blitz into what it should have been: kin to the 2000 & 2500. I know I'm in the wrong place, but since there's more experience here, I need people's thoughts as to what kind of elbow or hose I should use as a replacement for the "T" and blitz PC. The other piece is to replace the main bladder with a McMaster-Carr high performance rubber tube like Wayne Schmidt did with his CPS2000. Later, Brad
Brad Beaty
Engineman 1st class(ret)
US Naval Expeditionary Command(NECC)

Don't think outside the box...There Is No Box

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Elbows and hoses

Post by HBWW » Mon May 26, 2014 3:18 pm

I'm working on a somewhat similar project, taking some ridiculously k-modded bladders and building all-new internals. (Right now, it's just a 2100 that I removed the internals of, since the pull valve, 2nd check valve, and pump all leak and are virtually irreparable.) Unfortunately, they will have to be ball valve operated, as I simply do not have the means to build a trigger.

I'm not sure if you can elbow barbs without using threaded adapters. However, Watts makes nylon tees. I grabbed one yesterday for the project I'm working on from Lowe's, which seems to carry the best local selection of those items in my area.

Anyway, the greatest difficulty here (I've found so far) is getting the new internals to fit, as well as having everything stay in place. I'm not sure if my pump will work, as I don't yet have anything to hold it in place other than the reservoir that its internals are connected to.

Which McMaster LRT(s) are you using?
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

dragonclass

Post by dragonclass » Mon May 26, 2014 3:24 pm

Sounds like fun. I'm going to use 5234K23, 7/8" outside diameter, 1/2" inside diameter, 3/16" thick walled. Same as Schmidt. Good Luck,
Brad Beaty
Engineman 1st class(ret)

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Mon May 26, 2014 3:43 pm

Perhaps that's the tube I need. I've had very weak performance with a 3/8" ID, 3/4" OD tube with another 7/8" ID, 1-1/8" OD (not sure if that 2nd one is correct) tube stacked over it. The fact that it was 3/8" ID was probably the problem, along with the fact that I didn't bother using whatever wacky colossus mod techniques to try to get it layered over a 1/2" barb.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Mon May 26, 2014 5:52 pm

Not sure if you already started, but my idea is to simply open the second bladder nozzle permanently, remove the second bladder and seal it off, colossus/replace the main bladder, and put a laminator in front of the burst nozzle. Not sure if flow from the first bladder to the second is good enough for this to work, but that's my idea.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

dragonclass

Post by dragonclass » Mon May 26, 2014 6:22 pm

I've done some of that. So, how are you sealing it? I figure a good McMaster hose or elbow would keep turbulence down for a smooth flow.
Brad Beaty
Engineman 1st class(ret)

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Tue May 27, 2014 3:02 pm

I haven't actually done this, so I don't know. Perhaps a very short piece of hose with a plug on the end, stuffed with epoxy putty and clamped in the place of the bladder?

It's up to you.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.