HELP WITH IDEA

Guides and discussions about building water blasters and other water warfare devices such as water balloon launchers.
WatHEr

HELP WITH IDEA

Post by WatHEr » Tue May 13, 2014 12:57 am

Hey everyone hows it going!? I have an odd request but I thought this might be the place to see if anyone can help me out. I need a design for a box (like just a regular present size 10x12x3 box) that when opened soaks the person holding it in water. It would be like a prank box. I can't think of how to get it so right when the box opens water sprays them (the more the merrier lol). I'm asking for any suggestions or design help! Thanks a ton. :D

Nemesis

Re: HELP WITH IDEA

Post by Nemesis » Tue May 13, 2014 7:19 am

Well, a basic idea would be to have one or more pressurized blasters inside, that had a lever attached to the trigger(s) and the lid of the box that would be opened... Perhaps there would be an easier way to get the trigger to stay depressed... hmmm.
"The world is yours" - Nas

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Tue May 13, 2014 10:41 pm

How about a water balloon inside the box, with a cone shaped plug attached to the lid? So when you open the box, it will pull the plug out (since water is heavy) and it would spray upwards like crazy.
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

WatHEr

Post by WatHEr » Wed May 14, 2014 12:43 am

Those are both GREAT IDEAS! Do you think the water balloon would have enough pressure to spray like crazy?

WatHEr

Post by WatHEr » Wed May 14, 2014 1:39 am

Nemesis wrote:Well, a basic idea would be to have one or more pressurized blasters inside, that had a lever attached to the trigger(s) and the lid of the box that would be opened... Perhaps there would be an easier way to get the trigger to stay depressed... hmmm.
Im not sure I understand this could you explain how this would be done in layan's terms :oops:

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Wed May 14, 2014 6:20 pm

The only problem with that idea is that it would require several XP or CPS class blasters to be sitting in a rather large (2 foot tall, for starters) box.

If you have a smaller (wooden) box, something like 6X3X3 inches, and use balloons, you could simply fill 1-3 balloons, cram them in the box, and give the box to your target.
I'm not sure how much water you expect, but if you fill a water balloon and then release it should give you some idea. Assuming they are holding the box, they should get pretty wet.
You could use something like a pen cap for the plugs on the lid.
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

Nemesis

Post by Nemesis » Wed May 14, 2014 6:51 pm

My idea was just a thought without much substance to it. Use Soakinader's idea. Just fill up some water balloons, but instead of tying them, jam the openings with something. Then attach whatever you plugged the balloons with to the inside of the lid. Give it to your victim and tell him to rip off the box quickly. This should allow the balloons to spray their contents all over. Happy soaking!

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Wed May 14, 2014 6:55 pm

The second idea sounds more plausible. Here's an idea based on it:

1. Get a box with a lid that fits tightly.
2. Fill up a water balloon. For an even bigger mess, fill a regular balloon with water. Do not tie the balloon.
3. Put the end of the balloon over the edge of the box, and close the lid over it.

When opened, the balloon should spray out plenty of water. However, if the box is pointing in the wrong direction, the victim might not get very wet.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

Nemesis

Post by Nemesis » Thu May 15, 2014 6:28 pm

And you could even do multiple small balloons.

WatHEr

Post by WatHEr » Thu May 15, 2014 8:17 pm

Yes guys I think the balloon idea is going to be the most plausible. The only thing I'm having trouble with is keeping the cap on tight enough so it doesn't explode in the box before they open it, but not so tight that the balloon hangs on the plug alerting the person of whats going on...any suggestions?

Nemesis

Post by Nemesis » Thu May 15, 2014 8:23 pm

I'm not sure exactly what you mean about the balloon hanging. Please clarify.

WatHEr

Post by WatHEr » Thu May 15, 2014 9:24 pm

It clings to the top of the box on the plug because the balloon is like sucked to the plug.

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Fri May 16, 2014 8:11 pm

Basically, what I would do is use normal party balloons and do a kmod (Layering balloons to make a pressure chamber stronger) but without the base pressure chamber. Normal balloons hold tons of water and then you only have to worry about getting one plug to function properly. Then you tape it to the bottom of the box, and have the plug attached either directly to the top or to a string of some sort, so they open the box faster. Then when they open it, all of the water (forcefully) floods their face.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.

WatHEr

Post by WatHEr » Sun May 18, 2014 11:24 am

zeda.beta wrote:Basically, what I would do is use normal party balloons and do a kmod (Layering balloons to make a pressure chamber stronger) but without the base pressure chamber. Normal balloons hold tons of water and then you only have to worry about getting one plug to function properly. Then you tape it to the bottom of the box, and have the plug attached either directly to the top or to a string of some sort, so they open the box faster. Then when they open it, all of the water (forcefully) floods their face.
So what exactly does "layering balloons" mean? And you're saying I should tape the balloon to the bottom of the box? I still see the plug being an issue.

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Sun May 18, 2014 3:23 pm

Just buy a small, hinged wooden box from the dollar store, preferably the kind with a latch. You might even be able to stick the opening in between the lid and the box rim, so the lid would keep the balloon closed and then the water would spray horizontally when opened.

As far as kmod/K mods, or layering balloons, it's basically balloonception. Put each balloon inside of the next. Here is 4 balloons that I layered together for fun:

At the end of the day, this is a fairly simple problem and you just need to go out there and find something that will work. We can talk about it all day but you are just going to have to try some things for yourself and make something.
I find 'em, I fix 'em.