Favorite Water Warriors Blaster

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Favorite Water Warriors Blaster

Post by marauder » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:24 am

Also wondering how you would rank the large-medium WW blasters from best (for you) to worst.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

HBWW

Re: Favorite Water Warriors Blaster

Post by HBWW » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:59 am

For handling, nothing beats the Python 2 and both Colossi models. The Colossus fights along very well with Max-D 6000's and similar blasters. I think it's well suited to replace the broken Tiger Shark, which had horrible handling.

For higher performance, the Gorgon is an obvious pick, but having never used one, I can only comment on the handling based on the Orca. It certainly handles better than the Tiger Shark, but the pump handle is badly designed. Still, with performance supposed reaching light CPS territory, that can't be beat these days.

Vindicator is another great performance, bad handling blaster. It's front-heavy, the pistol grip and trigger are awful, but at least the pump is well designed.

I gguess I just don't quite have a favorite. Nothing really stands out a whole lot from the rest, except for the Gorgon, perhaps.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:13 pm

For me, it'd be a tough challenge to choose between the Water Warriors Equalizer/Outlaw, Water Warriors Vindicator, and Water Warriors Python 2.

I actually like how the Vindicator feels, though I do understand others preferring to be able to wield such a blaster using one hand as opposed to needing both; not sure I encountered any other trigger issues with my Vindicator, but then again, I probably haven't used it as much as others do. I can still easily single-handedly aim and blast with the Equalizer/Outlaw, but do admit than the Python 2 wins out hands down in terms of ergonomics.

Other notable Water Warriors blasters that come to mind include the Water Warriors Scorpion, Water Warriors Gorgon, Water Warriors Pulse Master, Water Warriors Hydra Pak, and Water Warriors Krypton.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:08 pm

It's not even the unbalance of the design that puts me off so much as it is the trigger and grip. That said, BBT made serious ergonomic improvements for the C2/P2.

I haven't handled a lot of the good WW's anyway, nor used them in a game.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

DX

Post by DX » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:03 pm

1. AP Gorgon. Strong medium primary that does well against CPS. Fights dead even against a CPS 1000 and CPS 4100. Can support a true 10x nozzle and possibly range over 40ft on that nozzle if one could figure out how to reduce the stream turbulence more. Huge capacity, it's very difficult to run out of water. These attributes outweigh its horrible engineering and plethora of maintenance problems.

2. Blazer MK2 (2005). Solid all-around medium blaster, more versatile than a Gorgon. Much better designed, too. Better nozzle selections than a Gorgon, with wider internal holes.

3. Orca MK2 (2008). More capacity than the Blazer, but a worse plate and actually quite worse stats. The HP bladders on this are not very good, a fact proven when you swap them out for Blazer bladders.

4. Vindicator. Its power can't be ignored, it's like a real CPS Gorgon, but I can't stand the grip placement and handling. If I have to I will choose this, but it's not a good ergonomic match for me.

5. Lightning/Piranha. Low stats for HP, but still pretty respectable soakers with good capacity and PC capacity.

6. Colossus. The original is a strong light primary, love the 3 seconds of shot time at high power and the huge capacity. My opinion of this soaker has come down since Duelfest, where it was wrecked by the XP 150, but it's still very competitive.

7. Python 2. I'm not a fan of PR normally, but this thing is quite good. More solid than a Colossus, with similar performance.

8. Colossus 2. Like a Colossus but with 1/3 of the high power shot time. This really matters when you duel Colossus or Python 2 vs Colossus 2. Mine also had a really stiff pump.

9. Outlaw/Equalizer. This little thing is one hell of a sleeper, it hits the advertised 42ft.

10. Ultimate Vanquisher. Has more power than the things above it ^, but horrible ergonomics.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:05 pm

I find the Gorgon and Python 2 are totally epic Gorgon for it's power, and Python 2 for epic pistol style wielding.
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

marauder

Post by marauder » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:04 am

Yeah, the Python 2 was the best ergonomically designed gun yet by BBT. The Charger is also quite easy to handle.

The Gorgon and Vindicator are definitely the most powerful, but each has its own ergonomics issues. For some reason I find myself favoring the Gorgon although I have been equally successful when using the Vindicator. The Blazer is noticeably less powerful than either the Gorgon or the Vindicator and yet for some reason I've performed quite well with it. With that being said, my competition hasn't been as stiff when using the Blazer. It definitely handles a lot better than either of the previous guns, but still not as good as the Colossus and especially not as good as the Python 2.

My first WW was a Lightning. I can't remember exactly how good/powerful it was. I mostly used it in skirmishes, parties, and general shenanigans before someone broke it at a friend's birthday party. I do like how light it is and I remember it being more powerful than my Blazer is now, but I could be completely wrong about that part.

The Vanquisher gets a bad rap, but Keith has done pretty well with it. I purchased a Pressurized Vanquisher off Amazon, but they sent me an Ultimate Vanquisher, which I promptly sent back. It's one of those guns that, while I wouldn't particularly use it, I wouldn't be opposed to having one on the team.
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:04 pm

Sadly I haven't had experience with many WW blasters. Out of the ones I have used, I'll have to say my favorite is the Colossus. It's not the best, but I enjoy using it a lot more than almost every other WW. It's like a Mazda Miata; not powerful, but a lot of fun. The Gorgon is like wielding a Coleman cooler, and the Vindicator's grip seems to be designed for people who have bird bones. The Vanquisher is better, but while the grip is sized right, it's still quite uncomfortable.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:57 pm

I'm guessing the Vindicator would be the best, although I've never used one. Out of what I've used, I think the AP Gorgon is best.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:12 pm

SEAL wrote:Sadly I haven't had experience with many WW blasters. Out of the ones I have used, I'll have to say my favorite is the Colossus. It's not the best, but I enjoy using it a lot more than almost every other WW. It's like a Mazda Miata; not powerful, but a lot of fun. The Gorgon is like wielding a Coleman cooler, and the Vindicator's grip seems to be designed for people who have bird bones. The Vanquisher is better, but while the grip is sized right, it's still quite uncomfortable.
I think handling is definitely a very important part of this. I had a light primaries round at night around my house once, and I wielded a Colossus against XP 270's and Max-D 6000's. It was fantastic; the handling was great IMO, although they only improved things the year after.

Handling characteristics are definitely important to how "fun" a blaster feels to use. N-Strike Elite blasters are a good example of this. And as bad as NSS may be, I will admit they at least handle a lot better than most water bottles. :goofy:
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

marauder

Post by marauder » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:19 pm

CA99 wrote:Handling characteristics are definitely important to how "fun" a blaster feels to use.
Yeah, I agree. Some of my favorite guns to use are pretty easy to handle: XP 110, SC 600, SC 500, SS 100, SS 60, Python 2.

I always preferred the first 4 (and XP 150) blasters to XP 270s and Max D 6000s. Neither handles poorly, but the others handle superbly. The 100's only downfall is the pump/barrel. It is a breeze to pump, but you have to be careful with it (see St. John's Woods). I have been brainstorming how to emplace a sturdier barrel and more powerful/sturdier pump.

I can't fully remember how the Lightning handles, but I know it was better than the Gorgon, Vindicator, and Ultimate Explorer. Considering how well the Python 2, Colossus 2, and Charger handle I think we can expect good things from Water Warriors next year.

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:36 pm

Well this is a heckuva post....
Vindicator - Powerful gun, great range all-around, but needs two hands and a longer strap. Handle is small. Pump is sturdy, but not for the meek. Can be fired one-handed, but tricky.
Blazer - Good all-around gun, gets good range and soakage, very easy to pump and use, durable smooth body. Strap placement on gun isn't very good.
Colossus - Tested a friend's, very nice gun with moderate-high power.
Lightning - Good pump, tight handle area. Very smooth, all around gun.
Tiger Shark - Pump can get stuck and trigger is too big, but when fixed these are excellent guns. The body shape is rather blocky.
Gorgon (AP) - Has great potential (high power) but stock nozzles too small. Pump handle hits body, and is terrible to grip, especially when wet. Add a strap and it's a decent tanker, slow pumping required.
Orca- Mine have lots of power, but same problems as Gorgon- pump handle is awful, pump can be stiff. Is the power worth the awkwardness? With the strap, it is easy to carry.
Hydra Pak - Super unique gun, long, long shot time but low output and range. Gun can be holstered, good for a water tanker/line defence role.

What I can say right now about the Blazer/Orca/Lightning/Tiger Shark, is that they can put out 5X or more, but the range on that setting isn't very good (compared to a CPS 1000). On the other hand, their range on lower settings can match or exceed the CPS 1000 (and other CPS guns) I have tested.
The other thing is, the Orca/Gorgon are heavy hitters, but the pump is just so awful sometimes it makes the gun unusable. I have been thinking about a way to modify the pump to make it tracked or at least not so tricky to pump.
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Sun May 04, 2014 6:38 pm

For me, it goes:

-Lightning ('05 remake): Lightweight, but still busts out a thick 5x which, at least on mine, pretty reliably hit 40'. I find it very comfortable, although others may dislike the handle. Pumps up relatively quickly too.
-Blazer ('05 remake): Like the Lightning, better at most things though, and with what is possibly the smoothest pump I've ever used. Only loses out because it doesn't have the equivalent 5x nozzle that the Lightning has stock (jumps from 3x, which is nice and gets good range but just doesn't dish out enough water; to 10x which has great spread but lacks the range). Also takes twice as many pumps, though that's not a huge deal either. It's also possible that I just have a romanticized view of the Lightning when the Blazer is actually my favourite.
-Gorgon (AP): Powerhouse, great capacity, but a little clunky and has a laggy pump.
-Orca (original): Gets lovely stats, but just as clunky as the Gorgon and sings dolphin mating songs. Also I really don't like the nozzle selector on it (or, by extension, the Gorgon)
-Krypton: Remember this one? I think it deserves a mention. Used it once or twice, packs a punch.
-Renegade: I love XP-class blasters, and this one could take them on pretty reliably.
-Xenon: You can tell the nozzle is too small for what its PC can handle. It's a tiny, powerful thing. And tiny. Like, tiny. The grip is not designed for people with hands.

-Scorpion: I really stopped enjoying this one. Has a more responsive trigger than all the others, but it feels underpowered and sounds like a rhino in labour when it pumps up.

I can't remember what other WWs I've used, this about sums them up I think.
Last edited by mr. dude on Mon May 05, 2014 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

marauder

Post by marauder » Mon May 05, 2014 8:57 am

Just what does a Rhino sound like when it is in labor? :lol:

Also, what about the Gorgon and Orca nozzle selectors do you dislike?

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Mon May 05, 2014 2:11 pm

In order to answer that question, I decided to watch a few videos of rhinos giving birth, they don't do much, just sort of chill there while the baby comes out. So I guess I used a bad example, the WW Scorpion is loud, apparently significantly louder than a rhino in labour.

As for the nozzle selectors, I don't like that the nozzles themselves are shorter than the middle part, it gives you less to hold on to while switching nozzles.