Is it worth buying a CPS 1200 or should i wait for another?

Selling, buying, shopping for and/or trading water blasters.
ShadowG78

Is it worth buying a CPS 1200 or should i wait for another?

Post by ShadowG78 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:59 pm

Hello,
i recently saw a cheap CPS 1200 on Ebay. I live in France, so with the taxes, nearly all the CPS are too expensive.
When i asked my mother(I'm 15), she said yes, :) but she also said that it would be my only watergun for this year. :o
I have never seen a real CPS in my life.
Should i buy the 1200 or wait for a better one ?

Thanks for advices.

the oncoming storm
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Is it worth buying a CPS 1200 or should i wait for another?

Post by the oncoming storm » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:12 pm

The 1200 is one of the best water guns of all time, and can be competitive against anything (even CPS 2000's) in skilled hands
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:14 pm

It depends on what you're willing to pay, and whether you think a deal like this will come around again. I will note however that the 1200 is a very nice and perfectly good gun. It should be more than enough for any water war.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

ShadowG78

Post by ShadowG78 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:39 pm

Thank you for your advices !
So i told my mother i want it, but now she changed her mind :( !
I will try to convince her.

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:49 pm

The 1200 is probably my favorite weapon of all time. It's kind of like a Chevy Corvette; it's not the most powerful option there is, but its handling is amazing and it can hold it's own with the heavyweights (and it's cheaper). And of course, with a little modding, you can turn it into a beast. So yes, I would recommend picking it up if it's in decent condition. I don't see why your mother would have a problem with it if it's your money. I find it annoying when people's parents restrict what they can buy with their own cash, but I digress.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

Nemesis

Post by Nemesis » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:43 pm

My parents do this all the time and i couldn't sympathize more with your plight.
"The world is yours" - Nas

ShadowG78

Post by ShadowG78 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:09 pm

It's just that my mother don't like to pay the taxes we have to pay to import from the United States. She thinks it's wasted money and now asked me to wait if I a can find one from the UK. The last time after begging her in days she said yer for the HP Sphinx so maybe she would say yes now too.

Apart from that, is the shot time of the 1200 3 or 4 seconds ? Because i read different things on all the reviews on Isoaker.net
Last edited by ShadowG78 on Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DX

Post by DX » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:23 pm

The importer's country assesses taxes/duty/VAT. The US charges nothing on exports. If the seller is not enrolled in Ebay's "Global Shipping Program", calls the soaker a "Children's Toy", declares a low value, and uses USPS, it should clear customs on your side with no charges. It sounds like you've gotten ripped off in the past. If you buy from US Ebay, never buy from a seller who is in the "Global Shipping Program". They ship the item to Kentucky where Ebay takes over. It adds 4+ days to the ship time, they charge you a brokerage fee for that, along with duty even if the item is exempt from duties, and tax for the full amount of the sale (including shipping). You are getting hosed if you do that. Always buy from someone who is not in that program and who knows how to ship things internationally. Shipping across the Atlantic will still be expensive, but that should be the only thing you pay extra for.

Definitely pick up a 1200 if it's cheap. They are very reliable and hold their ground against anything. The shot time varies from about 2.8 seconds to 4 seconds. Generally, the stronger the individual 1200 shoots, the less shot time it has, but it's impossible to tell just by looking at pictures of one. The most common shot time is in the mid to high 3s, so I would expect something around that.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

ShadowG78

Post by ShadowG78 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:44 pm

Okay thanks so much for all information. And this gun ships with the "International Shipping Priority" with all the taxes include in the price. So I would pay 40 Euros, which is okay(compared with other sellers.)

TheSoaker

Post by TheSoaker » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:21 pm

Dude when you get it and you want to mod it PM me and I'll teach you how to make it into the best water gun EVER.
super soaker cps 2000......SUPER SOAKER CPS 2000!!!!!!!!!1!!!1!!one