Need some advice

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
Col

Need some advice

Post by Col » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:29 pm

Hi guys,

i have a slight problem which i need some advice on.

I need to get a model to give a local cat a bit of a light blast of water to get him away from my yard. I have a 15 year old dog who is going bananas trying to get at the cat. She has a heart condition, so I'm worried that her health is suffering by the cat who is having gr8 fun looking at my woof losing her mind barking and jumping.

I want something which will not hurt the cat, just make it unhappy to around my yard after getting wet a few times. I need something accurate with a long range, but not powerful enough to hurt the cat in any way.

Any suggestions you guys could make would be really appreciated.

I'm based in Ireland, so would appreciate a link to some retailers also if you could.

Many thanks,

Col

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Need some advice

Post by HBWW » Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:50 pm

I'm not sure what's available in Ireland, but any basic pressurized blaster should do. (Which means, avoid the Nerf Super Soaker brand. They are costly and less effective than splashing a water bottle around, or poking a hole in the cap and squeezing the bottle.) It needs to give enough water to soak the cat enough to bother it, but a drenching shouldn't be necessary.

No water blaster would hurt the cat unless you're too close and opened up a continuous stream (which a hose is needed for). Keep your distance though; the water should play more of a role in keeping the cat away than the pressure.

Anyway, I would recommend the Water Warriors brand, which may be named "Sizzlin' Cool" where you are. Specific models vary time to time, but any of them should work for you as long as it stores pressure.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

the oncoming storm
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by the oncoming storm » Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:52 pm

As long as it is/was available in stores it's safe against cats, my advice is get a Water Warriors cricut it comes in a 2 pack should you lose one.
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

Col

Post by Col » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:13 pm

Thanks very much for the advice guys, really appreciate it.

Will check out the water warriors brand and see what i can rustle up locally.

Many thanks,

Col