The Hall of Noobiness

Water warfare-related pictures, videos, comics, humour, trivia, fun findings, etc.
Nemesis

The Hall of Noobiness

Post by Nemesis » Mon May 06, 2013 9:19 pm

This is a thread dedicated to the collection and compilation of the total noob moments in your water warfare history. You can recall moments that you were a total noob, or the noob moments of others.

Heres one of mine: Everyone had an "Ultamatt Wepppon", your favorite weapon as a total noob. Mine was a shield blaster cruncher 4000, and later, a Hydro Cannon. Once, I during a battle i thought that my hydro cannon was so powerful that i could fire it into my full pond and it would send a wave that would splash my opponent across the pond from me. After firing into the pond with no success, i started rapidly pumping, but my opponent ran around the pond and soaked me before i came close to getting another shot off. Noob alert.
"The world is yours" - Nas

the oncoming storm
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: The Hall of Noobiness

Post by the oncoming storm » Mon May 06, 2013 9:31 pm

My ultamate gun as a noob was a Flash Flood, then after my sister got a CPS 1200 NIB (no longer ours) a Monster XL. as a sidenote I still want both.
MY biggest Noob moment was losing to Marauder 6 to 3 at adair despite a 300 vs him with gorgon.
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Tue May 07, 2013 1:03 am

I've attempted to "repair" a 2100's pipe leaks one time by duct taping the casing around. I didn't even open the blaster.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

DX

Post by DX » Tue May 07, 2013 1:08 am

nx51

Guerilla Warfare
« Thread Started on May 2, 2004, 9:11pm »
Forming a battle line and shooting in open combat might not be a good idea, especially if your unit is down a few men. Guerilla Warfare might be a better option in some situations. A "hit and run" campaign might help a unit that is down in numbers, low in supplies, is outgunned, or has become scattered.
nx51

Supply stations
« Thread Started on Jan 31, 2004, 10:48am »
I had an idea, which will probably be shot down, but:
this idea is to have "supply stations" or areas where units can find water balloons, water bottles, or other supplies. Thes areas would be scattered around the park as an incentive for units to move around quickly and use more areas of the park to their advantage. Supply stations would also give dull, un-strategic, and ignored places [aka stonewall lol] usefulness in a battle.
nx51

Re: Camoflage
« Reply #7 on Mar 14, 2004, 11:16am »
NO no no-Use stealth if at all possible. it is possible to sneak up on another team, but they will most likely have someone covering their backs so theres no way to get very close.
Wow, this one really takes the cake:
nx51

Soakers
« Thread Started on Mar 5, 2004, 4:35pm »
what soakers do you guys use? I just want to know what types would work for a war.
The best part is that I ended up settling with a 21K mk1, with some 70 balloons on it. Nibordude performed the mod and shattered the myth of the "unmoddable 2100". Not too bad for a n00b weapon in their first real war.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue May 07, 2013 9:53 am

What's an XXP275?
There was once a time I really only knew about a few water blasters including my SS50, XP75, and CPS2000. Everything else, even the ones on the back of the boxes, I had no idea about. :goofy:

Then there was my period of being completely against modifying and homemade water blasters which, in hindsight, should have been handled much differently. Granted, back then, I couldn't figure out a way to both keep the homemade/modding members happy while attempting to build better relationships with the manufacturers, but had I thought about things a little more, I probably could have come up with a better solution.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Tue May 07, 2013 3:06 pm

I fondly recall a conversation that went something like this:

Friend: "That's the SC 400."
Me: "How do you know?"
Friend: "iSoaker.com" *links to iSoaker review
Me: "Wait, so how good is the SC 400 compared to the CPS 2000?"
Friend: "I would swear but I don't."

This took place in 2006, and here I am 7 years later, about to prepare a custom APH design guide.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Tue May 07, 2013 4:07 pm

A lot of my "noob moments" can be found just by searching my old posts. Before I even started posting here, I thought that Super Soakers were the only blasters worth buying, and the rest were all crap. I thought the Monster XL was like the best weapon ever, even though I knew the CPS 2000 was the most powerful. (I remember not ever wanting to be shot by one, because I thought that the stream actually hurt.) I also used to think that the 1500 and 1700 had two pressure chambers (though in my defense, I'd never even seen one in real life).

I'm sure the list goes on. I've been a member for a little over 3 years now; not as long as a lot of you, but I've learned enough about water warfare and water guns to last several lifetimes. :goofy:
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

Nemesis

Post by Nemesis » Tue May 07, 2013 8:17 pm

I told my friend once that the cps 2000 is the most powerful gun ever, and that it was the first cps. his reply: "I thought that the first cps was the cps 1"

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Wed May 08, 2013 12:26 pm

I think I might take the cake for Noob moments:
Charging DX around 20 times during the Battle of Thunder Gulch. I was using a Helix, he had a 12k and an uphill advantage!
Along with that though, when I got a Hydroblitz I thought it was the best gun ever. When I say "best" I mean it ---
I think it probaly rivals the Monster XL!
NOOB!!! :goofy:
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

marauder

Post by marauder » Wed May 08, 2013 11:21 pm

One of the Vermin had this idea to tie a rope to a tree and pull on it, to shake the tree in order to distract us. Did ... not ... work. Not really sure how they thought we'd miss the rope tied to the tree haha.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

supersoakerman

Post by supersoakerman » Tue May 14, 2013 3:58 am

my friends were versing me 2v4
me with a CPS power pak and them with a hose
I've come to kick ass and drink milk, and i've finished my milk

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Fri May 17, 2013 7:06 pm

I was browsing around on isoaker.net and I found my first-ever community post. This was in the Introductions thread, which I don't think made it over here in the move.
I wrote:Hello everybody. I'm new here, so I figure I'll introduce myself. If I'm posting in the wrong place, please move this to the right place. Here we go...

Name: I prefer to keep this classified.
Nicknames: SEAL and Hotfoot.
Hobbies: Water warfare, Baseball, and making home movies.
Soaking Experience: Quite little. I've only been in small soakfests & skirmishes. I'm dying for a good serious water war. There arent that many people that I know who are really into soaking, unfortunatly. :(
Favourite Soaker: Hmm, I'd have to say my Arctic Blast is my favourite out of what I own.(My CPS 2700 is 2nd just because its kinda heavy and restricts movement.)
What I wish to improve: I mainly want to learn advanced battle tactics, and improve my skills.

That's all for now, See ya later!
Updated version:

Name: It's still classified!
Nicknames: SEAL (I haven't used Hotfoot in quite a while), a few more that you'll never hear anyone call me anyway (my baseball coach calls me 'B' though; not sure why)
Gender: Same as before (and I found out that there are no females here, at least not during my time)
Hobbies: Baseball, cars, outdoor warning sirens, and this thing, to name major hobbies (haven't done much home movie making lately)
Soaking experience: Been to like every community war ever hosted, and I lead a team
Favorite soaker: CPS 2000
What I wish to improve: My battle skills, and maybe my personality :P

marauder: That sounds freakin' hilarious. I actually have thrown rocks and other objects to distract my enemies before (not at them). It pretty much never works, but it's better than tying a rope to a tree, haha.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Fri May 17, 2013 10:51 pm

Indeed, the SSLF cowers before the SEALs captain, of whom we don't even know the name of! :goofy: (Who now has a CPS 2000, which I never should have let you have. =p)
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

DX

Post by DX » Fri May 17, 2013 11:44 pm

What I wish to improve: My battle skills, and maybe my personality
A TEXT MESSAGING PLAN

marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Sat May 18, 2013 8:48 am

Well I know SEAL's real name :goofy: , I freinded him on Facebook.
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

Nemesis

Post by Nemesis » Sat May 18, 2013 12:06 pm

I know his name too thanks to a thread that DX created in the off topic forum that had to do with his phone.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Sat May 18, 2013 12:47 pm

Duxburian wrote:
What I wish to improve: My battle skills, and maybe my personality
A TEXT MESSAGING PLAN

As a wise man once said... *re-quotes your signature.

I got one other friend who lacks a decent plan as well. (He says something like 100 texts per year? wtf?) Makes me uneasy to text him too much, but he apparently doesn't have a solid internet connection at home either, preferring to mooch off neighboring wifi connections. (Thus he's rarely online to contact either.) He may also come with me to Soakemore if I make it, meet some friends who too, don't have a solid text messaging plan! :goofy:

But hey, at least Brandon's online regularly, so I can just message through the FB app.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Sun May 19, 2013 9:57 am

Well at least my middle name is still a secret. Muhahaha.
scottthewaterwarrior wrote:Along with that though, when I got a Hydroblitz I thought it was the best gun ever. When I say "best" I mean it ---
I think it probaly rivals the Monster XL!
I actually read this on isoaker.com a long time ago when I first started getting into water warfare (before I knew there was a forum), and I was like "No way! Nothing is better than the Monster XL! This guy is crazy!" :goofy:
~Hotel Oscar Golf~