Battle planing

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
the oncoming storm
WWN League Team: Havoc

Battle planing

Post by the oncoming storm » Sun May 05, 2013 1:48 pm

A friend of mine is having a water fight on his birthday this July, the big rivalry game will be a 15 vs 15 round of 2 flag CTF at Adair Park. I have a basic plan but want to get some advice from the community. I'm afraid that I can't post a map.

Known weapons

My team (known Members)

Me Shockwave LPD
Noah CPS 1200 age 13
Josh Python 2 or Outlaw age 12
Luke Colossus 2 age 9
Johnathan ? age 10

Other Team

Hunter Super Soaker 300 (mine) age 15
Isaiah Python 2 or Outlaw age 13
Joshua ? age 13
Hannah Python 2 or Outlaw age 7
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

HBWW

Re: Battle planing

Post by HBWW » Sun May 05, 2013 2:00 pm

I'm lucky if I could get 3v3, much less 15v15. Anyway, not sure what advice I could give, other than to try the LPD in a smaller scale battle if you haven't already. Most of your team outclasses the other; as nice as the Python 2's are, separate air chambers are always better to have.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Sun May 05, 2013 2:12 pm

15vs15?!? Damn, we don't get half that even at community wars.

Like CA99 though, I'm not really sure what advice I can give with the information provided. I'd definitely test that LPD out though; if it's not battle-practical I wouldn't use it. Also, why would you give your 300 to the other team?
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Sun May 05, 2013 2:41 pm

Perhaps for the same reason I loan out my own blasters: lack of a real rivalry. Since no one else around is as into this as I am, there have never been any serious team rivalries, so I end up hosting my wars a bit like video game random online matches. Not sure what the case is for oncoming storm.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Sun May 05, 2013 3:30 pm

Seal I will lone out my 300 Because I want to win fairly. most people will be using small/medium WW's guns So one team having 2 heavy weapons wouldn't be fair at all. I mostly want people to post battle plans for the CTF game

http://www.cityofknoxville.org/parks/adairpark.pdf

I found a map of the park ! We will be playing of the side with just the loop trail with the other team's flag at the playground bottom right. and ours is in the top right of the same side of the creek. what to know along the lower part close to our flag there is a thin 100' wide line of scattered trees (no underbrush though) that extends most of the bottom length of the playing area.

and I still need to finish making The Shockwave LPD before I can test it in battle (Which I was already planning on doing)

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Sun May 05, 2013 3:48 pm

Here's a map from Google that's more tactically useful: https://maps.google.com/?ll=36.020481,- ... 8&t=h&z=19

You may need to go to options (over over to where it says map/traffic) and disable the 45° view, since there's map stitching seams in the middle of the park that ruins it.

Anyway, looks like a good playing area. Don't care for the fact that it's on the smaller side, as its still substantially larger than most areas I've played in. Judging from the street view I can get, the foliage looks to be decently dense enough for gameplay, although that may only be true in certain areas.

I generally don't make battle plans at all without really good familiarity with a place. Then again, I don't plan a lot in my playing style anyways, except for the short term. Where will the CTF flags be located?
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Sun May 05, 2013 8:03 pm

Our flag will be at one end of the field where the trail doubles back to go toward the playground, the other teams flag is at the playground.

marauder

Post by marauder » Mon May 06, 2013 9:38 am

My advice is TAKE PICTURES!
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Mon May 06, 2013 9:41 am

Marauder it's not like you haven't seen it before, And two problems 1 I don't have A camera, 2 I would need to bike there and mine is broke. I will try to get pictures but it could be a few weeks.

marauder

Post by marauder » Mon May 06, 2013 3:24 pm

Ask if you could borrow your parents, or if any of your friends can bring one.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Mon May 06, 2013 3:56 pm

Well I could try to get some battle pics if my bother comes to the party, he probably won't be fighting or talking to anyone anyway. :goofy: