My Python 2 isn't working properly

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
AquaticFishman

My Python 2 isn't working properly

Post by AquaticFishman » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:51 pm

My python 2 water gun keeps leaking as I pump even if I am not holding the trigger. Also, the trigger kind of lags when I pull it, and I let go. The trigger does not go forward immediately and instead stays there for a few seconds, causing me to waste water. Help?
FISHMEN ARE IMMUNE TO WATER! NOW DIE!

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: My Python 2 isn't working properly

Post by HBWW » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:00 pm

The first thing you could try is to spray silicone lube (or anything plastic/latex rubber friendly; NEVER use WD-40 or anything like that) to the nozzle to lube up the valve, but it is possible that the valve is stuck open. In which case you'll have to grab a Phillips head screwdriver to get the blaster open.

Opening it should be pretty straightforward. Disassemble the pump handle first, then the rest of the casing. Make sure the screwdriver is the right size and shape so that the screw heads don't get stripped.

Once inside, you'll have a good look at how everything works. You may be able to do further disassembly to manually close the valve before applying lubrication (which should be done to both sides of the valve). If your spring is having problems, you can supplement it with rubber bands, or you can replace it entirely; maybe bring it to the hardware store to see if they have one, or get its dimensions and order online from a store such as McMaster Carr.

Anyway, I guess I'm not that much help; it's difficult to get to details, and I haven't seen the internals of the Python 2. (There are no pictures I'm aware of yet.) Perhaps a picture of the internals could help us help you some more, as well as any questions you have with opening it.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

scottthewaterwarrior
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:00 pm

How long ago did you buy it? If you still have the receipt I'd say you should just return it and get a replacement. This is often what I do if I get a defective blaster, I would love to try and fix broken blasters, but even when I have the time I normally can't get the darn things open.

If you can't return it though, CA99s ideas sound good. BBT guns are normally much easier to open up then Super Soakers (even the old ones). I have had a lot of trouble with getting SS guns open, but the few Water Warriors I have tried took less then half an hour!
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:31 pm

Scott have you ever opened a 70 it took me less than 5 minutes each time? But back on topic I would just return it and get another, sound very defective.
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:21 am

Right... I forgot about that returns option lol.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat