Multi Nozzle Mod for Arctic Blast, Flash Flood, Hydrocannon

For questions, articles, and discussions regarding water blaster modifications.
marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Multi Nozzle Mod for Arctic Blast, Flash Flood, Hydrocannon

Post by marauder » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:31 pm

This is one of the easiest, and most effective mods I've ever done. Did this to get the Arctic Blast ready for MOAB (spring opener).

You will need a Gardenia or some other type of garden hose quick connect with a male threaded end.

Simply super glue that into the flood nozzle of your Arctic Blast, Flash Flood, or Hydrocannon. Then screw on whatever nozzle you want. If you ever want to take out the quick connect just use boiling water to melt the glue and pull it back out. This greatly improved my Arctic Blast's range from 35-36 feet to 42 feet.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

Nemesis

Re: Multi Nozzle Mod for Arctic Blast, Flash Flood, Hydrocannon

Post by Nemesis » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:33 pm

Looks good! Is the max-d valve for the flood nozzle reliable? I assume you de-max-d the other valve.
"The world is yours" - Nas

marauder

Post by marauder » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:23 am

I didn't de-Max D it. I haven't had any problems with Arctic Blasts before, but if I decide to keep this gun I probably will de-Max D it.
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

latsevyert

Post by latsevyert » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:51 pm

I love these kinds of modifications!!! Back in the day I used to scuba dive, and I made a gun with a compressed air cylinder and a brass nozzle like this one here. I learned I needed to use a larger brass nozzle so it wouldn't rip your flesh off with the pressure it had built up. That was back when people weren't p**s' and complained about a little pain. Ultimately the gun ended up breaking, but it was fun while it lasted. I may get around to mounting one of these on my 1500. Wonder if it would improve performance. It'll still be easier on my opponents than what I had before, so that people wont cry about getting hit with my massive load. :lol:
First you wanna kill me, now you wanna kiss me. Blow. I'm back bi****s.

TheSoaker

Post by TheSoaker » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:42 pm

Is that that brass nozzle I told you to get?
super soaker cps 2000......SUPER SOAKER CPS 2000!!!!!!!!!1!!!1!!one

marauder

Post by marauder » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:20 pm

Yessir, that's the one!

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:42 pm

As I said on AIM, this is really cool and I'd like to try it out. Where did you get the parts?
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

marauder

Post by marauder » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:29 pm

Amazon, though you may find the parts at a home improvement store. This would be even better with a pc extension

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:41 pm

Few mods have such a fun-to-say name as "de-Max-D".

I've taken a different approach to modding the Flash Flood's flood nozzle. 1/2" CPVC sticks in perfectly, then a drilled encap can be used at the end or perhaps an adapter to sch. 40 PVC. My particular work wasn't so great; lamination is still bad and range is only marginally improved in some cases. However, I still think its useful and can work with a good nozzle.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

marauder

Post by marauder » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:53 pm

Perhaps your lamination is poor because your drilling was rather rough? I've done a lot of practicing with multi nozzle mods lately, namely for the Stone Cold and Lightning which are going to the Oncoming Storm. About half of the nozzles I made suffered from really poor lamination. Even after using sandpaper the results weren't always great. It's very tricky, which is another reason I love ready made nozzles.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:21 pm

The lamination improves as the CPVC barrel gets longer. What I meant specifically though, is that sticking a short length of CPVC into the flood nozzle results in bad output, range, and lamination altogether (you don't drill anything in that case). However, it's still not great with hand-drilled holes; you will always get better results with pre-made stuff that has smooth/finished plastic surfaces.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat