If you only had One

Water blaster concepts and dream designs for water guns and related equipment.
marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

If you only had One

Post by marauder » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:59 pm

What would it be like? Describe what it would look like. Consider some of the following questions: What colors would you choose? How large would it be? Would it be air pressure or elastic? How many pressure chambers? How much would they hold? How much would the reservoir hold? Would it have a strap? Is the pump guided or free? What's the pump volume? Does it have 1, 2, or more barrels? How many nozzles would it have? What size are they? Does it include any special features like a QFD port, angle meter, pressure gauge, etc? What kind of cap would it have? Don't describe range, everyone wants massive range, but you can describe what special features you'd include to maximize range.

Remember, you only have one gun to fight with.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

Poseidon2000
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Re: If you only had One

Post by Poseidon2000 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:17 pm

Uh huh.

Ok. 2 cps PCs. Holding about a liter. Reservoir about 3 Liters.
5 nozzles. Riot, 5x, 10x, 20x, and dual 3.5x. A nice forest camo.
Tracked pump, 75ml. If it was compact, 2 barrels. Pressure meter. Normal cap, 5x is a qfd nozzle.
Durr, of course a strap. Nozzle is placed at a slight angle, like 15
Degrees, for range. Click a button, the nozzle selector swivels off, a 2000 burst right there.
Midsize. A 1500 on steroids.

Dang, it's hard to type on an iOS keyboard. :goofy:

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:43 pm

A cps powered 300 with 3000 selector and covetionle trigger. Done
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

Neptune

Post by Neptune » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:27 am

3 Nozzles, on board 2 liter water holder, medium sized AP PC on board decently sized pump with a strap, and everything screws together for easy repairs.
I've got 110 problems but a <Nice lady> Ain't one

TheSoaker

Post by TheSoaker » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:06 pm

I would have a CPS with aluminum internals, a tracked pump, a 1 liter PC, a 2 gal. soft backpack with some straps on it so I can strap stuff to it and it's nozzles would be 2X, 5X, 10X, and 20X and it would shoot 50 feet.
super soaker cps 2000......SUPER SOAKER CPS 2000!!!!!!!!!1!!!1!!one

Fishfan

Post by Fishfan » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:16 pm

10 liter soft backpack, 35 oz PC, 2.5 oz tracked pump. Also a 3.5 liter detachable tank, so if I want to go lighter I can take off the backpack and attach the tank. Ball valve leading to tank and backpack instead of cap to make filling easier.
Pressure gauge, angle meter, and a way to tell how much water you have left without taking off the backpack
QFD attachment that can also fill up the backpack or tank without taking it off
1x, 2.5x, 5x, 10x, 20x, and riot blast nozzles. Has selector tab so you have a general idea of where the nozzles are once you memorize the order of nozzles
Realtree camo painted (That would look awesome on a 2000, 2500, or a 3000)
Regular trigger
Perfect balance when overloaded
Leather strap
Flat head screws instead of Philips heads on everything, PC case, nozzle cover, valve, everything, to make opening easier and less stripped screws. Also, all screws are same screwdriver size, and each screw hole has a marking for different lengths of screws. Also, not a TON of screws. Just what is needed. It will be designed to be opened and fixed or modded.
Laminator for all nozzles unless one isn't needed (on the smaller nozzles).
Also, internals like the trigger, pump, etc. are aluminum shaped in a way that it doesn't bend.
Carrying handle
I know, I am hard to please.
Can't think of anything else now, will add later if I find something.
Last edited by Fishfan on Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fishfan

Post by Fishfan » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:17 pm

TheSoaker wrote:and it would shoot 50 feet.
He said not to mention ranges.

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:34 pm

If I had a CPS 2700 with a tracked pump, a CPS 2000 PC, and a nozzle selector with a 5X, 10X, 20X, and a 50X riot blast, as well as MI capability with 6 or 8L backpacks, I'd be the happiest man in the community.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:32 pm

Seal as a fellow HWO I must say your gun sounds awesome. I would buy one in a heart beat
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:52 pm

The thing is, the 2700 is pretty much the perfect size for me, and it is very well balanced. However, that's only when I have my hand under the 'barrel' part; the pump is always so freaking awkward to operate, which upsets the balance greatly. I literally have to move away from the action a tad just so I can repump. I think the problem is that when you pump, your trigger hand (not sure what else to call it) is carrying practically all the weight of the gun, because otherwise you risk snapping the pump handle off. With a tracked pump, you can actually keep the weight evenly balanced between both hands, and you're so much more steady. That's what I like about the 2000 and 2500, but I don't find them to be as well balanced as the 2700.

The 2700 is also slightly underpowered. Those issues are the only major problems I have with it, so resolving them would give me my idea of a perfect water gun. The backpacks probably aren't necessary, but I see no reason why not to have an MI cap, especially since they're so wide. I hate narrow reservoir openings.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

marauder

Post by marauder » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:25 pm

Narrow reservoir openings + tethered caps are the worst. XP 220s are almost impossible to fill. I can see the 2700 with a tracked pump, thicker PC, and higher HPL spring. Nice.
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:33 pm

Well let me see.

A CPS 1500 sized (currently my favourite 'large blaster') with a 2L separated pre-pressurised air/water PC (with a larger airspace than water space for reduced range drop-off), with the PC located directly above the pistol grip for better balance. A semi-tracked pump fed by a 10L backpack reservoir, and a selection of 4 nozzles (2x water conservation, 10x normal use, 20x drenching stream, 30x+ riot blast). Finally a garden hose connector compatible QFD and SA80-style sling loops.

Essentially a more practical and refined version of a certain homemade! :goofy:

DukeSoakem

Post by DukeSoakem » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:48 pm

My personal preference for if I only had one would be based a lot around the 1500, although I'd mix in some of my favourite elements from a few other blasters, looks and feature wise. However I feel the 1500 for what it had was very good because it was straightforward but effective enough, so my design won't have a great deal on it.

I've not done a concept blaster for a while, however I've done a sketch picture that I have attached, I'll most likely add colour, name the blaster and do all the description yada yada soon and add it to the site with my others.

Here goes anyway for what I'd settle with.

-5x and 10x nozzles, each with independant triggers
-Tracked pump
-3oz pump volume per stroke
-4L Reservoir that can be increased to more with backpacks
-2 spherical CPS chambers holding 22.5oz each, total 45oz (nearly 1.5L)
-Strap
-Carry handle

Design wise I've tried to mix a bit of old classic XP 150/SS 300 style at the bottom with the tracked pump and the clear tubing so you can see the water being pumped, as well as some design cosmetics being reminiscent of it, whereas at the top it is more Larami CPS. Not many features I know, however I'd be perfectly happy using this simple but effective take on things.
Attachments
CPS Concept RZ.png
CPS Concept RZ.png (33.93 KiB) Viewed 7599 times

marauder

Post by marauder » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:02 pm

That's epic. I am a huge fan of the clear or translucent pump tube. Your design would be rather heavy, but if you're in good shape that wouldn't be a problem.

Fishfan

Post by Fishfan » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:37 pm

I still think my design is the best.

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:33 pm

Sure you do. Way to self promote.

I have long been a fan of the CPS1500, and with a tracked pump and dual triggers (always my favorite feature) that is one neat gun, DX.

Although, the scale is a little awkward. Either you have a really short pump or this thing is massive. The innate problem here is that tracked pumps add a lot of length to the design of the gun; one of the few benefits of regular pumps is that they can be more compact. Also, are you employing a reverse pump system? From the shape of the pump housing (underneath the reservoir) it looks like it. Or more likely, an aesthetic feature that has been oversized a little? In any case, I do like the clear pump housing. The old XP's were always stylish.

All in all, that's a sweet gun with some classic flavor. I was going to post my own One but you hit the mark already. :D
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:41 pm

I think we all think our designs are best. Why? Because we designed them to be the best weapon for our needs. For example, I wouldn't use Duke's blaster because it looks a little top-heavy (though that might not be to scale), and I'd prefer one large PC over two smaller ones. But that's just because my style is different; that might be a perfect weapon for him.

The best soaker in the world is the one that you can use most effectively.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

Fishfan

Post by Fishfan » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:05 pm

What I like the most is flexibility. There are times I like to have a light soaker, and there are times I wish I had a CPS 3000 because of all the water. I like the six nozzle selections because you have a lot of flexibilty, and on 1x with a 35 oz PC you can shoot non-stop for 35 seconds! I also like to be able to open a soaker and any part of the inside quickly and easily.

DukeSoakem

Post by DukeSoakem » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:16 pm

marauder wrote:That's epic. I am a huge fan of the clear or translucent pump tube. Your design would be rather heavy, but if you're in good shape that wouldn't be a problem.
Thanks, I agree this isn't the lightest of designs, although hopefully not too heavy either, not Monster XL heavy anyway. :D
soakinader wrote:Sure you do. Way to self promote.

I have long been a fan of the CPS1500, and with a tracked pump and dual triggers (always my favorite feature) that is one neat gun, DX.

Although, the scale is a little awkward. Either you have a really short pump or this thing is massive. The innate problem here is that tracked pumps add a lot of length to the design of the gun; one of the few benefits of regular pumps is that they can be more compact. Also, are you employing a reverse pump system? From the shape of the pump housing (underneath the reservoir) it looks like it. Or more likely, an aesthetic feature that has been oversized a little? In any case, I do like the clear pump housing. The old XP's were always stylish.

All in all, that's a sweet gun with some classic flavor. I was going to post my own One but you hit the mark already. :D
Haha thanks. I'll be honest while I try my best at making it look realistic scalewise, it isn't perfect as pointed out by the pump. If it were a fully accurate drawing the pump would be a bit longer to reflect the statistics. There's no reverse pump system going on, just the same transparent tubing with large single pump method on the older air pressure blasters, so it is just a cosmetic feature that is a bit deceiving. Because it is just black and white right now with no color some parts may not be as clear, chances are when I add some color it'll fully clear things up.
SEAL wrote:I think we all think our designs are best. Why? Because we designed them to be the best weapon for our needs. For example, I wouldn't use Duke's blaster because it looks a little top-heavy (though that might not be to scale), and I'd prefer one large PC over two smaller ones. But that's just because my style is different; that might be a perfect weapon for him.

The best soaker in the world is the one that you can use most effectively.
Fully agree, there is no best soaker design, it is a case of different strokes for different folks.

darthmeow

Post by darthmeow » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:35 pm

My ideal blaster would be a mix of the 2500, power pak, and monster series.

Nozzles: 2X, 5X, 10X, 20X, riot blast, shower nozzle.
PC: 2L cylindrical, like the big trouble/splashzooka but stronger.
Pump: 2+ ounces, tracked.
Res: no onboard res, can connect to a normal backpack res or a custom 2 gallon pressurized backpack made of 4 big trouble PCs.
Etc: clear shell, pressure gauge.
Last edited by darthmeow on Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.