Need tips for fighting when outsoaked

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
the oncoming storm
WWN League Team: Havoc

Need tips for fighting when outsoaked

Post by the oncoming storm » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:41 pm

Well it was bound to happen sometime just a week after I fixed my 50' CPS 1200 I was just outside talking to my friend Evan and he said he was given a CPS 3200 and will bring it over soon for me to see in person. Now I have been out soaked and am in dire need of tips on how to fight a more powerful water gun.

PS what's so funny about it is my style is HWO and his isn't
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

Fishfan

Re: Need tips for fighting when outsoaked

Post by Fishfan » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:02 pm

Hey, how about you offer to buy the gun, lend him your 1200, and then battle? :goofy:

Back on topic, focus on him most at the beginning when he is full and vulnerable. Also right after he fills up. He is slower then, and you can move quicker than him. When he uses up his reservoir, resort to stealthy mode, sneak up on him and attack him, then when he is still recovering, hightail it out of there. These are from tactics that I have read for fighting against CPS 3000/3200s.
Last edited by Fishfan on Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:03 pm

Umm... If your 1200 can shoot 50', how the heck can your friend outsoak you? Does his 3200 shoot like 52+ or something? But if your still having trouble, just do what Fishfan suggested; take advantage of the 3200's slower mobility. Don't be too trigger-happy either, because he'll last a heck of a lot longer than you.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:32 pm

Seal if you read I have yet to see/fight it as it is is in another county. I hold high hopes for fighting successfully and might I add that an oponates poor mobility with the 1200 was how I got it. (My sister has since regretted giving me it). :goofy:

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:02 pm

Well, you said "Now I have been out soaked", so I assumed that you'd already faught with your friend. But if your 1200 does shoot 50 feet (is it modded?), then you pretty much have it in the bag, as most 3200s only shoot around 42-45 feet I think.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

Poseidon2000

Post by Poseidon2000 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:17 pm

his 1200 gets around 50. I think he said 47 was exact.

GJIV

Post by GJIV » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:27 am

Well at 45° angled...you will not get a good shoot as the water is flying so long, making it easy to get in safety :D Take apart your gun, put in several k-modd balloons and soak the big brother :D there is nothing worse than using a big gun but being outsoaked by a much smaller gun haha The 3200 is fine but really lacks a bit towards range...And the weigt will get him down in power, just use the big advantage of mobility and speed, as also range and you should stay dry while he used up 8 litres of water, soaking the ground :D good luck, soldier :D

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:47 pm

My CPS 1200 is modded just not power modded I painted it green for added stealth and it shoots 48' exactly. Plus he was already slower than me so his mobilty was already inferior. :D maybe he will give it to me, sell it, or just let me borrow it as my mobility would still be good ( almost as good as with my Gorgon ) I tested that a few months ago with 2L's in a backpack.

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:24 pm

You have nothing to worry about, you've got the range advantage, you've got the mobility advantage, and let's face it, you're talking to us so you've also got the tactics advantage :D

He'll try to press forward and shoot a lot. You can keep him away with quick tap shots, that probably won't hit him but it could discourage him from getting too close. I don't know about others, but when I have a high capacity blaster, I like to hold my trigger down to ensure I hit something. If he does this, he'll have a lot of repumping to do, get in close and hose him down while he does this. Repeat as necessary.

marauder

Post by marauder » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:57 pm

Just carry a little extra water with you or make sure you have some hidden so he doesn't get you when you have to refill.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.