Role-Play Thread

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
bunny2002sg

Post by bunny2002sg » Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:00 am

'I'm all for it.' O'Malley said.

'Affirmative.' Ed said.

'Alright people, let's move out.' And they were off.

'C'mon Nat.' Whipping out his Swiss army knife, he slashed his way thru the forest.

------------------------------------------------------------

It was just another night of guard duty for the Tempest scout.

He still didn't understand why his commander told him to wait it out in the middle of the forest, at night. Like, he didn't do anything to tick him off...did he?

An itch formed on his leg. Must be one of those damned mosquitoes. He bent down to scratch it.

And then he heard something, what?

He spun around...

THUACK!!

The scout was knocked out cold from a branch.

Nat jumped down, holding said branch, followed by Ed.

'Woah, he's outta it.' said an impressed Ed.

'What, you think only guys know how to play rough?' Nat said, flinging her hair out of her eyes.

Ed grinned. 'Most girls I know don't.'

Another voice came. 'Mikey? You ok?'

'Stay down,' he warned Nat, and he sneaked up to the direction of the new voice.

A swish, a small thud, and a slightly louder one. Nat stood up.

She grimaced. 'You know Ed, sometimes you're a bit too rough.' The other scout had a rather large bruise on his forehead.

Ed raised an eyebrow. 'What? It's nothing life-threatening.'

Nat just sighed.

Then Nat's radio crackled to life. 'Sophie to Bravo, where're you guys, over?'

'We've taken out a couple of Tempest guards, and we're now approaching the rendevous point, over.' Nat replied.

'The two of you had better not be up to anything kinky.' Sophie growled over the radio.

'We aren't, Sophie. Quit butting in.' Nat said thru gritted teeth.

'All right girls, quit arguing over the 2-way, these batteries won't last forever. Bravo, rendevous ASAP, over.' It was Forceuser this time.

'Gotcha, over and out.' Nat slipped the radio in her pocket, and Ed started slashing thru the undergrowth again.

As they made progress, Ed spoke up. 'Sophie didn't sound too happy about us.'

'Yeah, she's just not used to you. Don't worry, she's got Forceuser.'

'There they are.' Ed and Nat ran up to Forceuser's group.

EDIT: (not part of RP) He he, I've started page 12... :wacko:

Edited By bunny2002sg on 1093957292
Iain'tgonnamissmy2ndchanceattheCPS2000... :D

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:30 am

"Now we have to wait for Razor to make his attack on the garrison."

(Not part of RP: Just a little thought but isn't hitting people with big sticks a bit unrealistic?)

Space_Cowboy

Post by Space_Cowboy » Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:41 pm

Group Charlie hit the garrison hard. In fact, the tempests thought they were getting hit by a small army. All of the tempests ran inside the garrison house to take cover, but than, just as they thought they were safe, Alpha came, and started to throw waterballoons through the open windows. Charlie finally finished them off by storming in through the door.

"That went well." said Pete.

"All we have to do now is wait for everyone else."

Edited By Space_Cowboy on 1093974234
With a name like Manhole Mayhem, it has to be good...

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:56 pm

Forceuser made his squad spread out in a long line so they could sweep the forest easier and make sure they eliminated all the Tempest guards. Forceuser decided the best way to make sure the forest was clear was to move towards the beach and then loop round the other side to the garrison.

They started off moving slowly through the forest. Forceuser was in the middle of the line carefully looking at everything. Suddenly he felt something land on him from above. He threw whatever it was off. A Tempest scout landed on the ground in front of him. He had given up with soakers and had turned to violence. He got up and charged at Forceuser who dropped his guns and moved into a fighting stance. He sidestepped and blocked as the Tempest ran at him. As he passed Forceuser kicked him in the back of the leg sending him stumbling to the floor. He got up again and ran at Forceuser once more. A roudhouse kick to his head sent him backwards which was followed up by a chop to his head sending him into unconsciousness.

"What the hell are they trying to do know?" Forceuser said to Sophie.

Before she could open her mouth the second member of the Tempest guard patrol landed next to her.

Sophie looked at the girl (yes, a girl) who had landed beside her and saw her hand head towards her face. With lightning fast reactions Sophie's hand blocked her slap. Sophie span and aimed a spinning kick at her head. Her foot connected and the Tempest collapsed to the ground.

"Wow! I didn't know you could do that!" Forceuser exclaimed.

"Well, sometimes it's better if people don't know."

Leaving the Tempests where they were they continued.

When they got round to the other side Forceuser heard some scuffling from further down the line. Word passed up to him that the same thing had happened. Two Tempest guards had attacked but they had been dealt with.

Forceuser could see the garrison now and Razor waiting outside. They all moved towards it and joined up with Razor's squad. Forceuse told Razor what had happened.

leprekan

Post by leprekan » Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:41 pm

aww, what's up with this? forceuser's violence is okay but I can't die in a fiery explosion? you people are strange. anyway, since I am apparently not dead, I shall continue....

"Holy Crap!!!" leprekan screamed as he saw the wreckage that was once his beloved red-painted ultralight. "NOOOOOOOO!!!! " he continued. "ah, well, better go bring out the big guns". He proceeded to go home and fetch the factory surplus giant rubber tube, place it inside a very large piece of pvc and attatch a homemade trigger valve. He had no other way to pump water into it, so he used his dad's 2600 psi pressure washer, and this took a very long time. he propped it up with some wood and put it on his golf car, then headed off to join the battle.

Space_Cowboy

Post by Space_Cowboy » Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:14 pm

leprekan wrote:aww, what's up with this? forceuser's violence is okay but I can't die in a fiery explosion? you people are strange. anyway, since I am apparently not dead, I shall continue....

If you had "died," the whole story would have been messed. :oo:
It had nothing to do with violence.
---------------------------------
"So, they've resorted to physical force, eh? I can take em'" O'Malley boasted. "Well, I'm glad you're on my side." Razor sarcastically stated. "Look O'Malley, we have a job to do, so, If you don't mind, Naomi, Pete, And I will look over the map and make a plan."

Edited By Space_Cowboy on 1094005218

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:50 am

(Not part of RP: Hey, Ed started it by hitting people over the head with big sticks. :p Plus they didn't die, you did. I was just adding some action.)

While Razor was making his plan Forceuser was standing watch outside. He saw some movement off in the distance. Grabbing a pair of binoculars he tried to see what it was. At the edge of the forest nearest the school a Tempest guard patrol was heading in their direction.

"Damn!" Forceuser thought, "They must be returning to the garrison."

"Ed, there's a Tempest guard patrol heading our way. We need to take it out."

"Right."

They headed in the direction of the Tempests. Forceuser went right and Ed went left. They moved silently into position surrounding them. Forceuser gave a signal and they both made themselves and their armaments viewable to the Tempests.

"Alright don't move."

The Tempests charged them.

Even the fire from a CPS 4100 and 2000 in his face didn't stop the Tempest charging Forceuser. He came in with a big left hook to the face. Forceuser ducked and brought a quick hook into his stomach. It winded the Tempest but Forceuser made sure he was properly dealt with. He brought a knee up at the Tempest right where he didn't want one. He collapsed to the ground his hands clutching where Forceuser had just hit.

Forceuer looked over at Ed. The second Tempest was lying on the ground with a big bruise on his head. Ed was carefully inspecting the butt of his gun.

"Well I suppose the brute force approach works. However I prefer finesse."

"Yeah well his head made a mark on my gun."

Forceuser laughed. He moved toward the Tempest lying on the ground in pain and hauled him to his feet.

"You can give me some answers, like how come you're turning to violence."

The Tempest struggled but Forceuser's iron grip kept him in place. They headed back to the garrison. They took the Tempest scout inside and tied him to a chair. Forceuser told Razor what happened.

"Well, you're going to answer some questions for me." Razor said to the guard.

bunny2002sg

Post by bunny2002sg » Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:17 am

(not part of RP) The branches weren't that big.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ed yawned. This was taking a while.

'Be out for a little.' He got out of the garrison.

He sat down just outside and cleaned up his gun.

Then he heard something... a motor. It didn't sound like a gas engine. Ed got up.

'What the heck is that?'

As he approached the source of the noise, it stopped as if someone had turned it off. Ed saw a figure coming out the contraption.

'You want finesse, Forceuser? Fine by me...'

He shot the figure right in the eyes (Ed's eyesight is very good) and it grunted in pain.

'Okay mister, you're coming with me.'

Ed turned on the LED flashlight on his Swiss Army knife and beamed it on the figure.

'Wait a sec-you look familar. You Leprekan?'

'Yeah. So quit holding on my wrists that tight. They don't exactly need to be amputated.' Lep said sarcarstically.

Space_Cowboy

Post by Space_Cowboy » Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:53 pm

Here's the groups:

Group 1 (Not really a group, just extra people)

Razor
Naomi
Ed
Nat

Group 2:

O-Malley
Pete
Trekkie
Cloud

Group 3:

Forceuser
Sophie
CD
BlueMage

Group 4:

Jenny
Ryan
Duxburian
Commandante

Group 5:

Leprekan
Brook
Fritz
Jess
------------------------------
------------------------------
"Ok," Said Razor, "Here's my plan...
Group 2w/Naomi & I will infiltrate through the sewer.

I lended group 3 a grappling hook to climb on top of the building, and lower the fire escape.

Group 4 & 5 will use the fire escape, and attack seperate floors of the complex.

Ed & Nat can do what they want, as long as they tell me what they're going to do ahead of time. Sound good?"

Edited By Space_Cowboy on 1094091222

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:49 am

(Not part of RP: How many floors is the school? I think three would be best. What is the black area at the top of the map?)

"All right, sounds good." Forceuser said. He turned to his group. "OK you can have one gun each. Don't forget you have to climb the building with it."

Forceuser selected his CPS 4100; Sophie, her CPS 2100; BlueMage, his CPS 2100 and CD, his Monster X.

They then waited for Ed and Nat to decide what they were going to do before they set off.

Space_Cowboy

Post by Space_Cowboy » Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:17 pm

There are four floors including the basement.

bunny2002sg

Post by bunny2002sg » Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:00 am

Nat and I will go in together with Group 5, then search for and mount an initial attack on the Tempest. We'll tell you of his position thru Nat's radio.' Ed said.

'Sounds good.' Razor said.

(not part of RP) This RP post's too short for my usual standards, but I've got no time to finish this off properly (I've got tuition).

Edited By bunny2002sg on 1094209264

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Fri Sep 03, 2004 2:58 pm

"OK, lets get going then." Forceuser said.

Group 2 headed off to the entrance for the sewer. The other groups moved to the edge of the forest.

"Groups 4 and 5, wait here." Forceuser whispered to them. "Group 3 will sneak across to the wall one by one. As it is dark they won't be able to see us. When we get to the top of the building, just before we let the fire escape down, I'll radio Ed. Then you will sprint to the fire escape as it is being lowered. By the time you reach it, it will be down. If we pull this off right, the Tempests won't know until it is too late."

Forceuser was the first across to the school. Then came CD, follwed by BlueMage, and finally Sophie. Forceuser took the grappling hook and swung it round and round until it had enough momentum to reach the top of the building. Then he let go and the hook soared up and caught the edge. Forceuser gave it a good tug to make sure it was on properly. Then he grabbed it and started making his way up the wall. He made it up easily and rolled off onto the top of the roof. Checking that the roof was clear, he signalled for CD to come up. After a couple of minutes they were all safely on the roof and Forceuser took up the grappling hook.

There was a hatch in the middle of the roof, so Forceuser told CD to cover it. BlueMage and Sophie moved to lower the fire escape while Forceuser took out his radio.

"Alright Ed. On my signal. MOVE!"

Groups 4 and 5 started moving at the same time the fire escape went down. The Tempests saw them running but then it was tto late as they had already reached the fire escape. They climbed up it and entered the building.

Meanwhile, the Tempests on the top floor had seen the fire escape come down and had sent two men to check out the roof. Forceuser stayed at the edge of the building to make sure groups 4 and 5 had got in OK. As he turned round he saw the hatch open and a Tempest head appear. CD hit it straight between the eyes making the Tempest lose his grip and fall down the ladder.

Forceuser signalled the others and they moved into position around the hatch. Slowly he leaned over and saw the Tempest unconscious at the bottom of the ladder. Knowing that there might be another Tempest down ther Forceuser motioned the others to stay alert. He moved to the edge of the hole and jumped through it.

As he fell he looked in bothe directions. Just before he hit the ground Forceuser saw the other Tempest. He ducked down and shot at him. The Tempest was too slow and was hit. He turned around and legged it down the corridor. Forceuser called up to the others to come down. Now they were inside. Forceuser wondered how the other groups were getting on.

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:07 pm

Is it me or is this thread not as fun as the last one? :(

Maybe I just made a bad map.

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:36 am

Soakologist wrote:Is it me or is this thread not as fun as the last one? :(

Maybe I just made a bad map.
Well that is probably because there are only three regular posters. Plus in this one we actually know what is going on, unlike the last one. I think the reason why most of the people who started aren't posting anymore is because it took ages for it to get started and there was that argument about ultralights. Next time I think that the map needs to be simpler and there should be set rules from the beginning.

bunny2002sg

Post by bunny2002sg » Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:20 pm

Hello, anyone? :(

We need more posters, 'cause Forceuser, Razor and I are no J.K Rowlings!

C'mon people! Anyone can join in ANYTIME, ok? :cool:

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Mon Sep 06, 2004 1:32 pm

bunny2002sg wrote:Hello, anyone? :(

We need more posters, 'cause Forceuser, Razor and I are no J.K Rowlings!

C'mon people! Anyone can join in ANYTIME, ok? :cool:
Why don't we just finish this one and then start a new one. We're almost there. I would post some more but I'm waiting for you and Razor to post.

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:37 pm

Kaaahh!!!
Cloud dropped an F-Bomb and the series was cancelled because it was deemed "too mature" for the intended Audience.
The end!

Edited By Soakologist on 1094524704