cps 1000 not holding water help!

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
fuzeEXR

cps 1000 not holding water help!

Post by fuzeEXR » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:43 pm

I recently purchased a cps 1000 off of ebay and it is not holding any water. Every time i pump the water leaks out the nozzle and the handle of the gun and also the triggers seems to tale no force at all to pull. Ithink it may be the trigger valve, correct me if im wrong and i was wondering if anyone can post pics/videos of how to fix this problem.

Thanks,
Eric

Andrew

Re: cps 1000 not holding water help!

Post by Andrew » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:24 am

Sounds like the old worn trigger valve return spring problem. A rubber band mod should do the trick. I'm in Ibiza until the end of the week, so can't provide my own pics, but the guide on SSC should help. You may want to cut some notches into the inside of the casing to help locate the band and keep it in place (I've got pics of that on this phone, but no steady WIFI connection until I get back to the hotel).

EDIT:
Unfortunately PICASA doesn't yet allow pic uploads from a mobile, so I'll have to do it when I get home, probably Sunday.

GJIV

Post by GJIV » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:57 pm

Says quite well what you have to do :)

You can also install a small spring, pushing the valve closed (better solution as the rubber band will get worn out just in the curse of time, more or less a repair for a period rather short period of time but easy to do though).

I would suggest to open the whole valve and have a look there and may just replace the big spring inside there or clean it and overstreach it and force things back in to have a new working valve for a long time(may even longer than the Soaker remains :) )

First problem will be to open the CPS 1000...Not the easiest job, depends also on the version you have... Good luck though, we are all with you whe nyou have questions :)

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:05 am

Some rubber bands can go the distance. Longer bands are generally better as they don't crack as much when you expand them over the relatively short distance that the valve pin moves.

A new spring is a much neater option and definately less likely to move out of alignment. The only issue is getting hold of a suitable spring (or combination of springs) to close the valve (I wanted to do a spring replacement on a 1500, but the only spring I could find was way too strong. Useful for a homemade PRV maybe.).

As GJIV says, some 1000's can be a pain to open (mainly the nozzle cover [some are glued on]), but the trigger valve on a 1000 isn't too hard to open compared to some (making the spring replacement an even more attractive option).

Again, we're here to help and happy to give suggestions. I think GJIV is probably a more experienced with the method and potential issues of a spring replacement (firing valve or PRV) so he'd be a good person to talk to about any issues you might have.