Latest Soaker / Water Blaster

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
DukeSoakem

Re: Latest Soaker / Water Blaster

Post by DukeSoakem » Fri May 11, 2012 2:56 pm

Received another CPS 2000 Mk2 today to add to the one I already have. I sneakily purchased this off eBay about a month ago for a good price, thankfully it also works very well and overall condition is nice (even more so now I have cleaned it).

Funny thing is that after going through 3 Mk2's and still owning two of them now (including the one that arrived today), all of them perform differently. While it is unlikely I'll get a Mk1, I might do an article comparing the variable performance of the CPS 2000 Mk2's I have been through at some point. While I sold the first one I had long ago, the statistics in the review I did were from that one so with the two I have now I can take and compare them with those.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon May 14, 2012 8:45 am

Recently acquired a Super Soaker Pen (NIP). This one, being a rarer item, is going to stay packaged. I do have an opened one as well; oddly, never finished writing up a review on that. I'll work on that soon.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:54 am

Recently acquired a Jurassic Park Super Soaker. More on this to come...

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:08 pm

Nice! Pretty sure this is a special edition SS 60 like the power ranger super soaker? With a bunch of extra gear? Honestly, I think the most useful extra gear was the max infusion backpacks. Those were pretty sweet. The old XTCs, holsters, etc. were a bit clumsy, and the new sheilds/scopes are fun but pretty useless, though I would like it if they made detachable buttstocks.

Is the pen you have a Monster X pen?
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:10 pm

M4 wrote:though I would like it if they made detachable buttstocks
I thought they did? Just not on any blaster that really needs it.

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:24 pm

iSoaker: Is that the soaker that was on ebay a while ago, that none of us had ever seen before (it was like an XP 75 with a backpack, if I remember correctly.)? That's awesome.

They do make detachable stocks, for the Nerf blasters. Not that you'd need one with a Lightningstorm, but it might be helpful on the Shot Blast, because you can brace it against your shoulder while you pump, perhaps increasing your accuracy a little. But I just avoid piston guns, so that solves that problem. :goofy:

Edit: Found the thread. http://www.waterwar.net/site_wwn/board/topic5396.html
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:24 am

Yup, that's the one!

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:17 am

That's cool. I'm definitely looking forward to the review, as I'd never heard of this blaster before Nitro made that thread. I'm interested to find out how it performs.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:17 pm

SEAL wrote:That's cool. I'm definitely looking forward to the review, as I'd never heard of this blaster before Nitro made that thread. I'm interested to find out how it performs.
I don't think I'll be doing an performance testing on this blaster. The one I got is mostly NIP so I'll be measuring what stats I can without removing it from its ties. As you alluded to, this blaster is fairly hard to find.

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:00 pm

Oh. So it's the exact same one that was on ebay? Ah, well; I probably woudn't take it out of the box either.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:06 pm

Just found a Hydrocannon with the neighbours' garbage at work, so I stole it. Based on a 2 second inspection, I'll assume there's a crack somewhere after the PC but before the ball valve. Half the screws are missing, the other half eroded and rusted. Updates to come as I take a look at it.

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:55 pm

Duke's CPS1500! :cps1500: :D

Technically my first true CPS blaster. Rubber band-mod (or maybe valve spring replacement), light/medium K-mod, pump reinforcement and nozzle mod (maybe) on the way.

Should be getting a Colossus tomorrow, and maybe a couple of Stingray's later in the summer!

atvan

Post by atvan » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:46 am

I picked up a 1200 off ebay- I believe I may have been lucky enough to snag a mk. 1. I personally love the colors, though if all the purple was replaced with the sandy blue of the fake tubing, it would be even nicer.

It is missing the sticker but no biggie, plus the fact that it was marketed as a CPS 3030 probably helped keep the price down.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:15 am

I love 1200s. Definitely one of my favorite blasters that I've had experience with (behind the 2500, which I want really bad.), and my OHK weapon of choice (though I usually give it to one of my brothers and use my 2700 instead.).

The last time I got a new blaster was on Easter, when that Electrostorm showed up (it's good for zombie games though! :D )...
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

atvan

Post by atvan » Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:09 pm

The gun is really well balanced. It feels nice too- my 2700 is hard to reach around to get to trigger, while the 1200 has no such problems. The only problems I have are minor- the valve in the cap leaks (happens on my 2100 too), the pump isn't the smoothest, and the trigg is sometimes a beast right after pumping up to PRV activation (much quiter than my 2100's, which is nice)

Overall, It will likely become my new primary (partly because I don't trust my family with non-tracked pumps that aren't like the AB's).
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

Bednesti

Post by Bednesti » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:07 pm

Found a WW Equalizer at Canadian Tire for 10 bucks the other day. It was a good find.

nerfman300

Post by nerfman300 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:18 am

my latest addition is a WW python. i got it at shopko for $10.00

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:35 pm

Just picked up an Ultimate Renegade (I've named this one Falafel) for 12 dollaroos.

DX

Post by DX » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:13 am

I got paid today and splurged at Target. Got a pair of Colossi, which will act as loaner guns in place of XP 150s as they outclass my 150s.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:11 am

^You realize we're gonna go back to calling you "Dux", right? :goofy: