Want to buy a super soaker shoulder strap

Selling, buying, shopping for and/or trading water blasters.
fuzeEXR

Want to buy a super soaker shoulder strap

Post by fuzeEXR » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:27 am

I am wanting to buy a shoulder strap for my water warriors gorgon because i bought one and is a pretty heavy gun for not having a shoulder strap despite having loops even for the strap.

Thanks, Eric

Andrew

Re: Want to buy a super soaker shoulder strap

Post by Andrew » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:36 am

Welcome to WWn!

Standard SS straps aren't brilliant. They're too thin, so dig into your shoulder, and the clips are weak and tend to fail. A better, and likely cheaper, option would be a shoulder strap from something like a laptop bag or SLR camera. It's thicker, has a comfortable pad, and the clips are stronger. I use a laptop bag strap on my 5kg (when empty) homemade. It has thick, but strong plastic clips, and easily takes the weight.

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:13 pm

Get one of those awesome M16 straps that M4 put on his Gorgon. It can be configured in at least 500 ways. :goofy:
To be serious though, I almost never use straps. Not even for my 2700. They hinder mobility too much for me, and don't make a huge difference as far as making the blaster lighter, in my opinion. The only reason I didn't remove the straps on my blasters, is in case I need to carry them in addition to another soaker.

If you must have a strap though, Andrew's suggestions are pretty good, though I'll add that guitar straps also work really well.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

atvan

Post by atvan » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:55 pm

Additionally, suitcase straps can be cheap and fairly comfortable.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

fuzeEXR

Post by fuzeEXR » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:40 pm

Thanks for the suggestions guys ill have to try some of those things out and see how it performs, i havent had a chance to see how it feels in a war because i just bought it last week. If it doesnt work out its not that big of a deal my brother bought me a brand new cps 4100 when i was 9 and on my first war the strap broke and he also gave me his old cps 2500 which was missing the strap and i would use those.

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:09 am

SEAL wrote:Get one of those awesome M16 straps that M4 put on his Gorgon. It can be configured in at least 500 ways. :goofy:
To be serious though, I almost never use straps. Not even for my 2700. They hinder mobility too much for me, and don't make a huge difference as far as making the blaster lighter, in my opinion. The only reason I didn't remove the straps on my blasters, is in case I need to carry them in addition to another soaker.

If you must have a strap though, Andrew's suggestions are pretty good, though I'll add that guitar straps also work really well.

I love my Gorgon, and the 3 point sling is phenomenal. I did take it off an M4 in Afghanistan to bring home with me :lol: and I'll be bringing home another one this Fall. This is a good illustration of all the things you can do with a 3 point sling:

I plan on building my own when I get home and writing up a how to guide. FuzeEXR if you still need a sling by this Fall for some reason, I'll send you a Super Soaker sling for free, or make you a custom sling for a few $.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:31 pm

I typically make my own straps from parts at ACE Hardware. 4-6ft of strap, two bucklers, and two carabiners (large keychain rings may be needed to get the strap to them) make a pretty solid strap. Of course, they're nothing like marauder's 3-point slings but they get the job done for me.

I should have a strap building guide somewhere but I can't find it off the top of my head. Perhaps it's on the WWn Wiki. (Though I only remember writing on how to get these straps attached to the gun using metal twisting wires from BBT packaging, which requires work if the gun wasn't built with hooks in place.)
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:36 pm

CA99 wrote:I should have a strap building guide somewhere but I can't find it off the top of my head. Perhaps it's on the WWn Wiki. (Though I only remember writing on how to get these straps attached to the gun using metal twisting wires from BBT packaging, which requires work if the gun wasn't built with hooks in place.)
I did a bit of work on the wiki, but it is still there.

I really like the SA80 sling system, as it has the support and stability of. a basic 2 point sling but, at the squeeze of a quick-release buckle, the versatility of a 3 point sling. The problem is, it can't be used on standard blaster strap mounts, and needs a larger more rigid strap mount. They also aren't cheap, and it wouldn't go down well if I half-inched one from the QMS's stores (not that I'd want to given the condition they're in). They literally count them as they're taken out, and again when they're taken back in.

So I make do with anything I can find (laptop bag straps, carry case straps, whatever). It would probably cost me more to make one from scratch where I live. :(

DX

Post by DX » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:44 pm

I've personally never found straps useful enough to warrant replacing or making. They come in handy for transporting soakers to fighting areas, but like to come off when you overload. No strap has held my 2000s up when overloaded and there's almost never a reason not to overload, thus I can never trust straps anymore. Even with stronger attachments, I'd still rarely use the straps. There's something psychological, mobility-wise, about holding the soaker free, same for not stocking a Nerf primary when shooting one. I feel quicker and more agile, ready to dodge, change direction, and rush with no obstructions.

It's a lot of personal preference. If you want custom straps that don't break the bank, buy up stuff from yard sales or hit up the curbs on junk day. Might find a bunch of junk for almost nothing that is useable.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers