Hands-On: Super Soaker 250

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
scottthewaterwarrior
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Re: Hands-On: Super Soaker 250

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:43 am

marauder4 wrote:I'm looking forward to your range testing. I have always wondered how much better the 250 and 275 are over other air pressure guns. I saw the 250 used in Vermin War 2, and saw Scott use the 275 at Downpour 2011, but I really have no experience with those guns other than that - and even there, those guys were on different parts of the battlefield from me.
The XXP 275 isn't that great, in raw soaking power it is Probably one of, if not the best, stock air pressure gun. The problem is that it is out ranged by some of the other air pressure guns out there and is awkward to use. I have only actually used M4's Monster XL 2002 once, but I'd say that it is sort of the air pressure equivalent. Killer in a soakfest, but beyond that it's use is limited. I have never really liked the gun that much, I like running around enemies and dodging there fire so the XXP 275 doesn't fit my stile at all.

I just went out to test it since I hadn't used it in a while. I was very surprised, it went much further then I remembered and I even got the two large nozzles (which the previews owner had jammed Playdoh in) to blast the blockage out and start shooting! Suddenly the guns was performing much better then usual for no reason, I was very happy. Then the trigger mechanism died, life is a cruel female dog isn't it? :x But I guess it is like my SS 100, at least I got some use out of it, which is amazing for the condition I found it in and hey, I will figure out how to fix these things some day!

I'm still pretty mad at the irony of the moment, though.
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:03 pm

:o

I just tested a bunch of my soakers, one after the other. This includes Timmy, a 12k, 2700, Gorgon, and Tapey (my CPH, albeit not necessarily on her optimal nozzle). Timmy shot the furthest.

That'll be all.

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:27 am

Wow, that's impressive. The 250 must be a lot more like the 300 than the 275. Seems like they got the numbers backwards lol.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.