CPH help please

Guides and discussions about building water blasters and other water warfare devices such as water balloon launchers.
atvan

Re: CPH help please

Post by atvan » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:24 am

:o /me confused. haha. Sorry about that.

Back on topic, what do you mean the threads are backwards?
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

the oncoming storm
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by the oncoming storm » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:57 pm

This isn't over... yet. without my CPS 1200 the CPH Devastator will be my primary for a while, when its done.

Dad says that I have to many water guns blocking a gorgon
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:02 am

CPS1200fann wrote:Dad says that I have to many water guns blocking a gorgon
I know what that feels like. :(

You could have a go at fixing that CPS1200 now you can't get a gorgon.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:07 pm

Okay How do you open it? (It's an mk2)

Croc

Post by Croc » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:29 pm

If it's Mk2, all you need to do is pry off the orange cover at the front, and the rest is just remove screws. The cover is lost but it still performs the same.

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:36 am

There you go. You could always glue the nozzle cover back on, but then it's even harder to take it apart later.

Croc

Post by Croc » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:45 pm

Prying it may require sawing it in two, just a warning. But who cares about how it looks, its a powerful gun.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:25 pm

Good news the pump and now reservoir work, but guys I need help, my LRT (rated for 70psi blew the PC endcap (a cork) off and didn't expand. Whats more a pipe clearing bladder blew up when I tested it on the hose (and there designed with a hole in the end). any ideas

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:18 pm

It probably didn't expand (assuming you haven't layered it or twisted it) because the cork popped out before any real pressure built up. A cork isn't the best thing to use, as there isn't much on it's surface to provide decent grip even when clamped. Either use a bolt (long enough for the hose clamp to comfortably it) or a threaded hose barb with an end-cap on the end of it. The hose barb should seal better (as that's what it was designed to do) but the bolt is obviously cheaper.

Not sure what to say about the pipe clearing bladder. It shouldn't have burst unless the something was blocking the hole, or the rubber had degraded. Then again, how far did it expand before it burst? It's not designed to expand far, just enough to seal against the wall of the pipe so it may have just over-expanded. You will have to be careful filling the LRT with a hose (if you're making a QFD of something similar) as, without a PRV, the bladder will continue to expand until it bursts.

Good to hear the most troublesome part of the build (pump) is working.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:24 pm

I need help (again) a second pump has jammed. The electrical has failed on both I need ideas on how to make a pump. (thats keeps working)

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:52 pm

If the tape came off that must be a pretty narrow dowel for the pump housing. I'll refer you back to drenchenator's guide, as that should allow you to salvage the current pump rod. I personally used a brass dowel (after the wooden one snapped) which had a diameter of less than 1mm less than the ID of the pump housing pipe. I cut a valley into it using a crude homemade lathe (basically a drill in a vice, with a cutting bit thing as the lathe cutter). Because the brass kept forming work hardened layers, it required a lot of force with the bit, which put a lot of lateral force on the drill chuck. I didn't make a second groove for fear of breaking the drill, so I can't exactly recommend this method unless you use something soft, like aluminium rod.

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:58 pm

I would love to build a homemade, but the last time I went into Rona and asked for a check valve they had no idea what I was talking about. Where the heck can you buy 1/2" check valves from anyways? Preferably from a local store, but I guess I have to order LRT online anyways...

EDIT: I agree with Andrew. The "sink buster" is designed to open when pressure is applied to the sides. (So it seals with the sink drain and you don't have a backfire!)
Isn't it designed for "sinks from 4-10 cm" or something? You could probably use it to make a homemade if you had an 8-9cm ID pipe. The only thing is, it would only fire for a few seconds before the chamber would self-seal, regardless of the trigger mech. Unless, instead of a solid pipe, the trigger mech squeezes the chamber somehow... Hmm...

Where did you buy it from? Did you order it online or what?

While we are in the high-powered plumbing section, has anyone turned a Cobra/Pango/Jobar spring-powered drain de-clogger into a water gun? The things are lethal for shooting... well, anything projectile-like. They are designed for water, so they should work, after all. Like a giant Pulse Master type homemade.
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.