Best soaker to target pests...

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
Adrian

Post by Adrian » Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:06 pm

I'm a human and it hurts me. Fur ain't gonna help against a 6mm projectile travelling at around 230fps. Try shooting yourself in the back of the head some time. j/k :p

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

Space_Cowboy

Post by Space_Cowboy » Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:55 pm

It doesn't harm animals. So what if it stings a little. It won't cause any trauma. On a cold day, a drenched animal could get hypothermia... :oo:

...Ok, I'm out of reasons, and it doesn't really matter, so I'll stop arguing. It's your word against mine.

:soakon2:

Edited By Space_Cowboy on 1093485374
With a name like Manhole Mayhem, it has to be good...

BlueMage

Post by BlueMage » Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:01 pm

DoubleONothing wrote:Don't hurt the Kitties. I'll be forced to show my little kitty picture. It will make you go Awwwwww.

Click.

How Cute is that, The worlds tiniest Kitteh. If you shoot those cats, this mini one will eat your brain.

Awwwww... :laugh:

anyways, let's go onto our animal treatment class.
KITTIES 101.

here are simple diagrams for handling animals:
Yes: :laugh: Image

NO: :cps2000:Image

NO: ImageImage

Definetly not: ImageImage

this has been a public service announcement.

Edit: even a paintball gun, which travels at about half the speed of an airsoft, plus it shoots paintballsand not pellets, can kill a small animal such as a squirrel or rabbit, roughly the same size as a cat. (POP QUIZ) at any rate, cats are quite delicate and should not be:

A: shot
B: microwaved
C: kicked
D: hanged
E: thrown
F: all of the above

if you answered F, you're right! if you answered anything else, you're an evil person!

Edited By BlueMage on 1093486151
-The Wizard of Water

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:26 pm

Thread getting off topic... if it starts straying further, it'll simply be closed and/or removed.
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

The dark ANNIHILATOR

Post by The dark ANNIHILATOR » Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:19 am

If someone has problem with cats, spraying near them with a modearate hose should be enough. Shooting animals with soakers? Reading that, I just got an epiphany that over the years making soakers weaker and less powerfull might actually be a good thing , if people can't use powerfull soakers responsible.

(I am aware that I shoot people point blank in the face with 20X streams, but I ask their permission first before a battle. )

Edit: Shooting animals at all, no matter what is used is not a very responsible thing. This also includes the the animal typ homo sapien. I leave it at that, since Im not making this a political thread.

Edited By The dark ANNIHILATOR on 1093591783

Nick

Post by Nick » Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:46 am

But this bastard cat tried to eat my cockatiel when she was out sunbathing(she was old and couldn't fly). It tried to climb up and get her but fell off(it has 3 legs). If we have birds nesting in our garden, I shoot cats when they come near with my airsoft or a CPS. I don't like cats, they eat birds, and birds rule. However, someone ocne brought a cast into my house when they came to see my dad about something9he was on the council), and my parrot sw the cat, and bit a chunk out of its ear.:D :cool:

Field Marshal Yang

Post by Field Marshal Yang » Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:30 am

Maybe your solution would be to find a way to keep your birds away from the cats. It would be far easier to keep your birds in check rather than to keep all the cats roaming the neighborhood in check.

EDIT: Deleted a double post. When I posted this the 1st time, a technical problem page came up so I went back and posted it again and that time it worked except then I saw two of the same post.

Edited By Field Marshal Yang on 1093523741
Guns, Germs, and Steel: The Fate of Human Societies, by Jared Diamond

Nick

Post by Nick » Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:27 am

I don't liek cats anyway. Birds own cats, therefore the cats should bow down and obey the birds.:cool:

Space_Cowboy

Post by Space_Cowboy » Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:05 am

Soakers shouldn't be your first choice of defence against animals.

I suggest you get a dog. :p

Nick

Post by Nick » Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:56 pm

Well, I should just let Herky(my senegal parrot) loose on a cat. He is seriously tough, and any cat is terrified of him, He's only small, but boy can he bite.:angry: :cool:

Space_Cowboy

Post by Space_Cowboy » Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:06 pm

Nick, I'm on your side, man! My cat tortures, and kills defenceless bunnies. You guys are saying that if I shoot a cat with a soaker, (which I don't do) or even an airsoft, (I have done this) it's animal cruelty, but if my cat tortures and kills little bunnies, it's not?

If anyone wants to argue with me about this any further, PM me about it. This thread is probably going to get deleted anyway.

Edited By Space_Cowboy on 1093554547

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:36 pm

Your cat doesn't know any better. You ought to. You can just as easily shoo your cat away if you don't want him to get a rabbit. You don't have to shoot him with a frickin airsoft gun. That's evil.

Space_Cowboy

Post by Space_Cowboy » Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:01 pm

I told you to PM me if you want to argue about it.

BlueMage

Post by BlueMage » Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:18 am

actually, animals killing other animals is nature. people shooting animals with guns is not. that's all i'm saying. cats have an instinct to kill birds for food. if you want to keep your birds safe, you should put them in a cage instead of letting them roam free and shooting anything that tries to stop them.

ANYWAYS, back on topic. i think there are much better methods of pest control than weapons, even super soakers, like a fence, a dog, or just call the shelter to come get the cats and take them away. if you must shoot the cats with a super soaker, glogger, i recommend a smaller gun that will not hurt the cats.
but alas,it seems as though Gog n yog logi yogger, uhh... whatever, he has'nt posted in a while, so the topic is kinda pointless now.
-The Wizard of Water

The dark ANNIHILATOR

Post by The dark ANNIHILATOR » Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:40 am

Regardless if someone is for or against shooting cats or other animals with a soaker or a bb gun (I myself am extremly against it), there are certain animal cruelty Laws now, where incidents can be reported by the pet owner, or anyone who has witnessed that incident. And penalty fees can go up to $500. So choosing a more humane way to shoo away animals would more beneficial for everyone.

Field Marshal Yang

Post by Field Marshal Yang » Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:34 am

Has anyone considered a soaker that would be effective in chasing away insects and other small animals that are traditionally known as pests? I don't usually find attacking them as animal creulty.
Guns, Germs, and Steel: The Fate of Human Societies, by Jared Diamond

Space_Cowboy

Post by Space_Cowboy » Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:54 pm

Whatever... My cat hasn't chased any rabbits in four years because he had a couple traumatic encounters with the angry mother rabbit.
Your cat doesn't know any better.

Now he knows better. :oo:

trekkie00

Post by trekkie00 » Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:18 pm

Two words: cattle prod. :p

I've heard that soime Water Warriors guns shoot around thirty or forty feet. Their stream isn't as powerful as a CPS 2000 mk. 1, so it should be safe to use. Heck, my Dad shoots me in the face all the time with his CPS 1700.

Just don't shoot unless that cat's doing something really really bad.

Edited By trekkie00 on 1093648727

Space_Cowboy

Post by Space_Cowboy » Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:42 pm

My cat doesn't kill rabbits anymore.

When he did however, he never killed them for food. Instead, he killed them for fun.

EDIT: Post# 200 :party:

Edited By Space_Cowboy on 1093664620