Mid-Year Bores

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:05 pm

As August passes mid-point, the community finds itself a good 8 months after the preview and first glimpses of the 2004 Super Soaker line and still nearly 5 months until we will get the chance to see the 2005 line.

This time also marks the time when a lot of people either seem to go on vacation or start school again. As well, many are out
getting their fill of water fights as opposed to hanging out online to discuss them.
To add to the lack of topics, SuperSoaker.com still remains without any Summer updates or giveaways like they've done in the past. As well, it appears that both SSC and iScF members having trouble keeping understanding Hasbro's drastic changes to the Super Soaker line. Hopefully, this will change in the near future, but at present, there just isn't much to report in terms of possible inside/early product news.
For now, there just isn't much activity in Soakerdom. The main thing the clubs can look forward to is the Autumn updates of iSc and the rest of the Soaker site's upcoming changes.

*Sigh* Not much we can do now... but until then, as iSc says,
= Leave NO one dry! =

Oh, BTW... this is a pretty good 700th post, yes? :cool:

Edited By Soakologist on 1093198395

Field Marshal Yang

Post by Field Marshal Yang » Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:44 am

Actually, I'm awaiting Big Bee's release of information regarding his 2005 line sometime in late autumn or early winter. I'd like to see how the diaphragm system is expanding next year and what new innovations the former Larami R&D people are doing. I believe that this fall will be more active than the last few falls.
Guns, Germs, and Steel: The Fate of Human Societies, by Jared Diamond

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:31 pm

Maybe overall, but in terms of posts per posters, we're looking at a pretty dreary off-season. *sigh*

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:18 pm

The reduction in frequency of posting occurs pretty much similarly every year. During the first month we had a good amount of activity, but being into the late-summer-hazy days, members just are busier either preparing for the coming school year or trying to get the most out of the remaining summer days left.

I know I need to try to squeeze out at least one last skirmish or battle before the summer is over.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Field Marshal Yang

Post by Field Marshal Yang » Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:37 am

One thing that may bring up online activity in the overall online soakerdom is Aquatica II's startup in mid-September. That event will hopefully boost our online acitivity until news of WW and later SS's 2005 lineups arrive.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:34 am

Field Marshal Yang wrote:One thing that may bring up online activity in the overall online soakerdom is Aquatica II's startup in mid-September. That event will hopefully boost our online acitivity until news of WW and later SS's 2005 lineups arrive.
Uh.. you're in China so you may not know, but not sure what is going on with AQT2. Perhaps Adrian can shed some light on developments?
:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:56 am

AQT2 is undergoing some changes, due to the...criticism it received, as well as the overwhelmingly negative reaction of M4. It does not look, at this point, as though the final product will be quite what we were all expecting, though much will stay the same. I ask any fellow founders to maintain the same level of secrecy over the project that is displayed here.

Wow, I'm making ambiguous statements now. Cool!

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:57 pm

An old-ish image shows about how the year goes posting wise at SSCentral. I don't know what's with August 2003, must have been the start of school that decreased posting that much.

June and May are always about the same in posting, June winning by a small amount. The next most popular month is July which gets a little close.

I know what will boost traffic and posting this fall, but I'd prefer not the say anything about it, maybe I'm the only one who took notice and remembered...

Field Marshal Yang

Post by Field Marshal Yang » Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:49 am

Adrian wrote:AQT2 is undergoing some changes, due to the...criticism it received, as well as the overwhelmingly negative reaction of M4. It does not look, at this point, as though the final product will be quite what we were all expecting, though much will stay the same. I ask any fellow founders to maintain the same level of secrecy over the project that is displayed here.

Wow, I'm making ambiguous statements now. Cool!

Adrian

Is the release date still Spetember 22 or are the changes pushing the date back a bit? I eagerly await the boost of energy that online soakerdom will get from this important event.

Edited By Field Marshal Yang on 1093441801