2012 Nerf Super Soaker Models

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
isoaker

2012 Nerf Super Soaker Models

Post by isoaker » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:44 pm

Information found so far.

Nerf Super Soaker Lightning Storm - battery powered; 1L drum - see: Official Product description, discussion thread
Nerf Super Soaker Electro Storm - see: Official Product Description
Nerf Super Soaker Micro Burst - see: Official Product Description

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

thelaminator
Location: By the time you've read this, It's likely changed again

Re: 2012 Nerf Super Soaker Models

Post by thelaminator » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:14 pm

what? where'd you get the other 2 from?
[This account has been abandoned. Posts made by this account do not reflect the current views of the original account owner.]
[This account has not been terminated, for archival reasons.]

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:26 pm

thelaminator wrote:what? where'd you get the other 2 from?
From digging the net. If anyone is able to dig up more info, I think others would definitely appreciate it.

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:22 pm

Micro Burst
http://www.amazon.de/Nerf-Super-Soaker- ... B005I4RQ4Q
http://funkids24.de/LA3500695980_SUPER_ ... Burst.html

Lists both Micro Burst and Electro Storm
http://funkids24.de/p_k__Sommer,Outdoor ... len_1.html
http://www.spielwarenoase.com/index.php ... tml&page=4

Of course, it's our luck that none of those sites have pictures of the guns. It's even more intriguing, since the last 2 links show pictures of other Super Soaker models, but these 2 guns have broken pics. Mysterioius.

My initial thought was that they were just versions of current or old guns renamed for Europe. However, those last 2 sites also feature the current 2011 lineup with pictures, and prices which are different than those of the Elelectro Storm and Micro Burst. So, they are probably new guns.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:03 am

Rip the electronics out of that Lightning Storm and replace it with a good ol' fashioned pump and trigger system, you'd at least have some innovation as opposed to a gimmick. But no, they've gotta throw lights and and pretty flashing colors onto something that would've probably sucked...but would've sucked doing something different and interesting.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

DX

Post by DX » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:18 am

Hey, welcome back!

Yeah, this upcoming lineup doesn't look too promising so far. I wish they'd stop using names of awesomely powerful forces of nature for awesomely shitty guns. A microburst doesn't even necessarily bring down water with it. You'll be disheartened to hear that this year's SS Thunderstorm is statistically outclassed by an SS 50. Still got BBT though, hopefully they've got something like the Gorgon for 2012, their highest ranged release ever.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

scottthewaterwarrior
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:28 pm

I'm not even going to be suprized this year if all the new SS line stuff sucks. There names are even more uncreative and lame then usual but I'd rather them not use any cool names until they have some good guns to go along with them. I hope WW comes out with some good ones, because I need a few more blasters, alot of mine broke this last year and I'm not to good at fixing or even finding the time to try and fix them. I am starting to see more and more Water Warriors guns in stores, this year there were almost as many as SuperSoakers! Hasbro will eventualy eather need to start making good guns or lose the market, the SS name isn't doing what it used to.
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:53 am

No surprises here; moving right along.

Edit: The way I see it, it's just another generically branded blaster. It's useless for the battlefield just like 80% of what they stock in stores, so it's literally nothing new in the sense that it's just another useless item for the field. (In the same sense that one wouldn't consider a release of a squirt gun to be "new" because it's just another squirt gun.)
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:49 pm

The Electro Storm sounds like more battery-powered shit, and the Micro Burst sounds like some kind of sidearm (The name actually reminds me of squirt pistols.).

The name "Micro Burst", while reminding me of squirt pistols, also reminds me of my "Sidekicker" concept, that would attach to the CPS 3300 concept blaster. The Sidekicker would be CPS powered, and unload all it's water in one shot. Obviously, there's a 99% chance that won't be the case; I'm guessing the Micro Burst will be an even smaller blaster than the Point Break, and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be a squirt pistol, given the brand's recent backwards-moving products.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

marauder

Post by marauder » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:06 pm

SEAL wrote:The Electro Storm sounds like more battery-powered shit

I'm guessing the Micro Burst will be an even smaller blaster than the Point Break, and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be a squirt pistol, given the brand's recent backwards-moving products.
Micro Burst is listed as 7.45 Eu = $10.18 CN = $10.63
High Tide/Point Break is listed as 8.95 Eu = $12.24 = $12.77 US The Amazon.com cost is $7.72 down from $10.50

http://funkids24.de/p_k__Sommer,Outdoor ... len_2.html
http://www.amazon.com/Nerf-Super-Soaker ... B00416QWAQ

So... it might actually be smaller than the Point Break. I honestly hope not.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:45 pm

SEAL wrote:... the Micro Burst sounds like some kind of sidearm (The name actually reminds me of squirt pistols.).
How accurate you were in your prediction.

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:34 pm

isoaker wrote:
SEAL wrote:... the Micro Burst sounds like some kind of sidearm (The name actually reminds me of squirt pistols.).
How accurate you were in your prediction.

YEAH! I have ESP!!! ...oh, that's not a good thing... If these 3 blasters are all there is in the 2012 lineup, then this will be the worst year EVER. I guess the world is ending in 2012.
But we still have BBT, even though I'm guessing they'll only release a few blasters, based on their "Every other year" release schedule.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

DX

Post by DX » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:08 pm

There was a time when the CPS 2100 and 4100 were lamented as the end of the world. Now we are lucky if the new offerings outperform piston-trigger squirters. Sad.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Nitro123PG

Post by Nitro123PG » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:24 pm

It's not even 2012 yet and it already looks like the 2012 line has already bit the dust. That's gotta be a record.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:19 pm

ElectroStorm picture got posted to Nerf's Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... e=1&ref=nf

If you can't access, use this direct link to the image. https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hp ... 4736_n.jpg

Nothing special, as usual. Gives a look at how the color scheme changes for this year on SS but that doesn't even matter unless you're using them as props for film or something, collecting them, or if they re-release the HydroCannon or something.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:22 pm

The first post in this thread needs to be updated.

I suppose we'll soon start seeing what BBT has in store for 2012, and it better be good, otherwise 2012 will have my vote for the worst year ever.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:24 pm

SuperSoaker.com has updated to include the newest blasters.
See: their product listing

First post in this thread updated with direct links.

Unless there is still more to come, looks like that is all the new blasters from Super Soaker for summer, 2012.

Sidenote: they don't bother to report a range for the Lightningstorm... it is a glorified Thunderstorm, I suppose, but still... the newest blasters also do a lot of "incapacitating", albeit from ~20-25' away. :goofy:

GJIV

Post by GJIV » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:11 pm

oo noo ooo .... I am really thinking about how far hasbro can fall down... I thought they reached something of a bottom last year, but they just managed to get something even nearer to the bottom, which was logically not really possible... This year we have about the squirters(do not want to call it any "gun" any more) from 2011 in reduced size/form. Just a tick smaller and nothing else. Just wondering when there is the new and powerful trigger-piston based SUPER SOAKER water-squirter coming up. Then we have reached the bottom, but till this, there is even space left in between... Hasbro knows this^^ haha

Hopefully BBT just brings up a Soaker like the Monster XL, using AIr-pressure or a BIG spring or something like that. Imagine a pulse master with a PC of 500 ml would be a great and for sure powerful thing^^

Besides this, I am STILL LOOKING FOR A WATER WARRIOR PULSE MASTER ! If you have one for sale, conact me! I am looking for one since many months... seem to be more difficult to get than any CPS 2000 Mk1 or SS 300 !( able to get 2 Mk1 and even 3 SS 300 in the last months^^)
BBT... go go go !

atvan

Post by atvan » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:57 pm

The problem with a large capacity springer is that the capacity comes from the small capacity.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:41 pm

Funny.. Supersoaker.com has pulled the 2012 models from their page (but at least the direct links still work).