Role-Play Thread

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Sat Aug 14, 2004 12:23 pm

Heh.. I could bring in all twenty-something in the Central Indiana OSFISMists.

leprekan

Post by leprekan » Sun Aug 15, 2004 3:05 pm

why would we need more people? i didn't mean use the entire thing all at once; just have different parts of the war in different places.

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:38 am

I always seem to arrive late for these.

Name: Forceuser
Appearance: 6', 145 pounds
Clothing: Black shirt (thick type), black cargo trousers, walking boots and black hat (for night missions)
Main Weapon: CPS 4100
Gear: Black backpack used for carrying gear in, two two-litre bottles of water, several packs of water balloons, two tennis ball tubes full of full water balloons, string, nails, rope, other various DIY stuff, multi-tool with knife, torch, binoculars and radio.

Forceuser was staying at the high school for a summer school when he spotted Leprekan's banner. "Aha thats just the thing to pass some time!" he thought. Pondering on how to get to the hotel he remembered the abandoned warehouse he had found the day before on the far west island he had come across by travelling through the underwater tube from there. He hadn't gone very far into it but he had found some old rubber dingies.

After he had put on his gear and picked up his CPS 4100, Forceuser headed down the underwater tube and arrived at the warehouse. This time he went through the old warehouse. It was mostly empty with a few large cardboard boxes, some empty, some full. Pulling out his knife Forceuser opened the nearest box. What he saw inside took his breath away. Stacked three deep and two wide were mint boxed CPS 2000s. He quickly checked to see if there were any more boxes like this but there were not. Forceuser shut the box and picked it up. Staggering under the weight he made his way back to the entrance. "These will be really useful if I can get them to the hotel." He thought, "The weight of me and them is too much for a dingie." Then he had an idea. He inflated two dingies using some rope to tie one behind the other. He could sit in the front and row and the 2000s would be in the back. Forceuser carried everything down to the beach and set off.

By the time he got to the beach by the hotel everyone was leaving or had left. Pulling the dingies up onto the beach Forceuser spotted Cloud, CD and Commandante. Approaching them he said, "Hi hope I'm not too late. I'm Forceuser."

Cloud replied, "No you're just in time."

They explained to Forceuser what had happened and were amazed at his find of CPS 2000s.

"So what happens now?" Forceuser asked.

bunny2002sg

Post by bunny2002sg » Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:36 am

I'm waiting for you to post, Razor.

Don't take too long... :cool:
Iain'tgonnamissmy2ndchanceattheCPS2000... :D

bunny2002sg

Post by bunny2002sg » Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:53 pm

Is it just me, or has everyone abandoned this RP tread?

bump

BlueMage

Post by BlueMage » Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:02 pm

"HELLOOOO0000ooooo......." said bluemage. ??? "oh well" and sat down on the front steps waiting.

OOC: what are the teams? is it PVP or are we all fighting an "evil force"?

IC: "wow, you got a huge load of 2000's there!" said bluemage. mind if i have one? :cps2000:

Edited By BlueMage on 1092938791
-The Wizard of Water

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:21 pm

Man, this thread is duuuull. :(

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:24 am

"Sure," said Forceuser and handed BlueMage one of the CPS 2000s. Forceuser opened one of them up for himself and found that it was a Mk 1.

bunny2002sg

Post by bunny2002sg » Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:59 am

(not part of RP)Razor? You there? ???

Ah forget it...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At the auto parts shop, Razor just blinked. As he didn't know much about bikes and cars, to him all the parts were more like pieces of metal shaped like goodness-knows-what.

As for Ed, he just started grinning like a toddler surrounded with Cristmas presents.

'Wan' sumthin', sonny?' It was the shopkeeper.

'Yeah, you got replacement bolts? I need durable ones for my Honda's carb.'

'Got the lot.' the modder (I'll just call him a modder, 'cause it's shorter) went to get the bolts from his storeroom. Ed looked at all the aftermarket parts with great interest. He was looking at a low-ratio gearbox when the modder returned about 5 minutes later.

'Here ya go, need me to fix 'em on?' he asked.

Ed nodded but didn't say a word, he was too absorbed in an off-road suspension set. ('Springs, shocks and all in one conveinent package!' the box said on the front.)

'Hey kid, you want one of those? They're going pretty cheap.' the modder was back.

'How cheap?'

'Price varies for different bikes, for yours a set would be 80 bucks.'

'I'm not rich, mister. 70.'

'Hmm, ok, 75, but I'll be robbing meself.' the cash was exchanged, and the modder opened his garage for Ed's bike.

As the garage door closed behind him ('I'll be done in an hour!' the modder yelled after him), Ed noticed something.

'Dammit, where's Razor?!' Ed growled.

BlueMage

Post by BlueMage » Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:49 pm

"hey, thanks" said BlueMage,"wait here" as he ran off to modify soakers.
-The Wizard of Water

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:56 pm

*sigh*
When is the war going to start?
Enough getting ready. You can act like one of your teammates. Just fill in the blanks, it's not hard. Let's get the war started! We're nearly to page TEN and there hasn't been a drop of H2O shed yet! :(

bunny2002sg

Post by bunny2002sg » Sat Aug 21, 2004 5:28 am

Soakologist wrote:*sigh*
When is the war going to start?
Enough getting ready. You can act like one of your teammates. Just fill in the blanks, it's not hard. Let's get the war started! We're nearly to page TEN and there hasn't been a drop of H2O shed yet! :(

You asked for it, Cloud...

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Razor went wandering around the marina, looking at the stuff being sold. 'There sure are a lot of tourists here.'As his backup soaker was hidden in his jacket, he didn't stand out from the crowd of tourists - in fact, he blended right in.

Which was a bad thing for Ed.

Razor noticed that the further he went, the less dense the crowd seemed to be. 'Wonder how Ed's getting on with his bike...'

'Tirsty, sucker?' Someone said behind him.

Razor whipped around and saw that it was the group of wankers who tried to scare them at the hotel, minus Rock.

They were all holding all their weapons, and their bludging backpacks seemed to indicate more. Razor brandished his XP 20, but he knew it was no good.

'I asked you if you were tirsty, loser.' One of them said. It was the tall blond.

'LOSER!!! LOSER, LOSER, LOOOSERRR!!!!!!!!' the scrawny kid screamed.

Razor was starting to see red. 'Is 'loser' all you can say?' he snarled to the kid, who then replied with (ahem) very colourful language.

'Rick, cool it. Language won't get you anywhere.' the blonde muttered to the kid. 'By the way, mister, Rock would like to say that we'll blow you suckers outta here.'

'Yeah, I guess you idiots got experience on blowing, huh?'

'Ok, that's it, I'm pissed!' They started firing at Razor, who had started to run, only to crash into-

'Ed?'

'Watch where you're going Razor, what are ya, blind?!' Ed growled, getting up while rubbing the bump on his head furiously.

By now the group was nearing them.

'One more thing, you are so FUBAR.' the blonde said menacingly.

'Oh, fuck.' Was all Razor could say.

Ed saw the water leaving the nozzle of the gun in slow- motion.

Reflexes shifting into overdrive, he dodged the shots, pulling Razor along with him. Leaving the stunned Razor to one side, he whipped out his Blazer and shot the group in the eyes with deadly accuracy.

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:52 pm

We need to set up a team post. Who's on who's team and who's against who?
And we definitely need more posts! :(

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:13 am

Who is actually still posting?

bunny2002sg

Post by bunny2002sg » Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:50 am

Forceuser wrote:Who is actually still posting?
Me, Cloud and you... I think.

Space_Cowboy

Post by Space_Cowboy » Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:21 am

I was on vacation. What's going on?
Razor went wandering around the marina, looking at the stuff being sold. 'There sure are a lot of tourists here.'As his backup soaker was hidden in his jacket, he didn't stand out from the crowd of tourists - in fact, he blended right in.

Which was a bad thing for Ed.

Razor noticed that the further he went, the less dense the crowd seemed to be. 'Wonder how Ed's getting on with his bike...'

'Tirsty, sucker?' Someone said behind him.

Razor whipped around and saw that it was the group of wankers who tried to scare them at the hotel, minus Rock.

They were all holding all their weapons, and their bludging backpacks seemed to indicate more. Razor brandished his XP 20, but he knew it was no good.

'I asked you if you were tirsty, loser.' One of them said. It was the tall blond.

'LOSER!!! LOSER, LOSER, LOOOSERRR!!!!!!!!' the scrawny kid screamed.

Razor was starting to see red. 'Is 'loser' all you can say?' he snarled to the kid, who then replied with (ahem) very colourful language.

'Rick, cool it. Language won't get you anywhere.' the blonde muttered to the kid. 'By the way, mister, Rock would like to say that we'll blow you suckers outta here.'

'Yeah, I guess you idiots got experience on blowing, huh?'

'Ok, that's it, I'm pissed!' They started firing at Razor, who had started to run, only to crash into-

'Ed?'

'Watch where you're going Razor, what are ya, blind?!' Ed growled, getting up while rubbing the bump on his head furiously.

By now the group was nearing them.

'One more thing, you are so FUBAR.' the blonde said menacingly.

'Oh, fuck.' Was all Razor could say.

Ed saw the water leaving the nozzle of the gun in slow- motion.

Reflexes shifting into overdrive, he dodged the shots, pulling Razor along with him. Leaving the stunned Razor to one side, he whipped out his Blazer and shot the group in the eyes with deadly accuracy.

Razor thoughtfully ran off while Ed kept them occupied. Ed thought "Dammit, where's he going." Shorly after, Razor came back with a camo painted, collosus modded Monster-X, and...
:soakthemall:
Ed managed to avoid the onslaught by ducking behind a nearby bush. Razor then ran to the hose on the nearby building and with an evil grin, he blasted the whole group.

Edited By Space_Cowboy on 1093278946
With a name like Manhole Mayhem, it has to be good...

bunny2002sg

Post by bunny2002sg » Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:28 pm

Screamng, the group ran off, only to run into their leader.

'What the heck is going on?' Ed and Razor heard Rock yell.

Very nervous muttering came from the now-drenched group.

'You know what? You 5 are useless!'

He couldn't say another word, for Ed had already fired a shot at him.

'You're looking for a one-on-one, aren't you?' Rock snarled.

'Actually, I'm welcoming one.' Ed said calmly...almost too calmly.

With a war cry, Rock leapt at Ed, who gunned him in the crotch almost immediately.

'People have said I'm too fast for my own good. To this day, I still haven't figured that out...' Ed said to Rock while advancing on him.

With that, Ed knocked him out.

Ed looked up at Razor and his camo MX. 'Are you a HWO?'

Edited By bunny2002sg on 1093329689

Space_Cowboy

Post by Space_Cowboy » Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:38 pm

"I'm certianly capable of being a HWO, but I typically prefer to be a little more subtle." said razor.
With a name like Manhole Mayhem, it has to be good...

bunny2002sg

Post by bunny2002sg » Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:33 am

Another shot came from nowhere, missing Razor narrowly. The duo whipped around, but saw no one.

'Who's that? Show yourself, you bloody coward!' Ed yelled.

A cold voice then said: 'The Tempest is back...'

Memories flooded back thru Ed's mind, remembering his last encounter with the Tempest Company.

(flashback)

The Tempest kicked away one of his knocked-out men, advancing on Ed with a CPS 3200.

'You never learn, do you?' the Tempest snarled.

Ed defiantly raised his CPS 1000, only to find that it was empty. The Tempest grinned sadistially(sp).

'The water in this 3200 isn't entirely water, there is a drug in it. A concentrated 50ml of this can knock you out for a week.'

'So you use it to get high, don't you? No wonder you look like a bastard.' Ed growled.

The Tempest laughed. 'That is true, I've grown used to it. For someone who isn't, though...' he paused, 'Let's just say, the side effects are variable and...amusing.'

Worry showed thru Ed's eyes.

'Ah, you don't like the sound of it? I'll consider not giving it to you if we could share a hotel room.' Dark lust was shining thru the Tempest's eyes.

'You crazy bastard.' Ed snarled.

'What, aren't you curious about what's underneath my clothes? I can assure you, it's good.'

Two thoughts went thru Ed's mind as he charged the Tempest. One was rage of being attacked.

The other was uncertainty of his sexual orientation.

The Tempest grabbed Ed by the shirt and forced his mouth open. The nozzle was jammed inside, and dark circles formed in Ed's vision.

Ed felt himself falling, falling, falling...

(end flashback)

'Troops, eliminate those two!'

'Dammit. Ed, run, RUN!' Razor yelled.

He had good reseaon. 30-40 people wearing the Tempest armband were firing at the duo. Ed came to his senses and bolted after Razor.

Hiding in an alley, Razor asked: 'What the heck was that about?'

'I'll explain later.' Ed replied.

(not part of RP) I have nothing against gays so please don't boot me outta this forum.

(It was the only thing I could think of!)

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:52 am

Meanwhile, Forceuser, bored of doing nothing, took two CPS 2000s and his CPS 4100 and set off in his dinghie to find Ed and Razor. He left the other dinghie with three 2000s with the others. Arriving at the marina he stuck to the shadows out of view. After all he knew it would be hard to hide with all the weapons he was carrying. Rounding a corner he saw the Tempests. "Now for some fun!" he thought.

Forceuser climbed onto the roof of the building next to him and snuck up to the edge. Out of view of the Tempests he fired at them with dual CPS 2000s. The Tempests were falling over each other and scrambling to see who was attacking them. Before they could identify where the water was coming from Forceuser stopped firing, jumped off the building and ran off. He slipped into a back alley only to narrowly dodge being hit by a blast from a Monster X.

"Hey don't shoot," Forceuser called out, "I'm on your side. You must be Razor and Ed."

"Who are you and how do you know who we are?" Ed replied.

"I arrived late for the battle. I just left Cloud, CD and that lot at the hotel. They said I could find you here."

"Wow, that's some good armament you've got there. Good to have you on board."