Community Summer War

Discussion of past, present, and future water war events.
HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Community Summer War

Post by HBWW » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:27 pm

Well, I suppose the paintball game I just got back from today will have to do... Those markers are loud. Plus, I got soaked from sporadic rain this morning; more soaked than I usually am at water warfare. Most of the hits I took early on were pretty easy; one in the mask and another on the hopper, but on the last game, as the last man standing, I got hit in the back of the neck. Wasn't too bad though, as it was from pretty far away. Honor system works more easily in paintball. Looks like I should experiment with colored water for water warfare, hah.

Now, time to rummage through the reports. Sound off, warriors!
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

marauder

Post by marauder » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:20 pm

Hey guys, I am going to give everyone a brief run down, with some stats, photos, and videos, of the event. I am not going to have time to post my full war story, as I am getting ready to move to NJ for a month for my job, and I will be working every day for a month and won't have much internet access during that time. I will write my story out by hand, then go back and fill in bits and pieces after reading everyone elses and will post mine in October, along with a huge, sick colab video of the best pics and video scenes from the war, set to music. I am going to need everyone's help for that last part, so if you have video, either burn me a dvd (pm me for my adress) and I'll pay you, or make your video downloadable when you post it. Thanks!

Friday Night
Free for all soakfest
marauder_4: CPS 2000, DX: CPS 2000, wetmonkey: CPS 21k, Rambo: CPS 2500, Will: CPS 1500

This was a lot of fun. I was pieing around the corner of the bathouse, with my 2000, and all of a sudden my life goes slow motion. I see this gray shirt emerging from an open door. My weapon was already at the high ready, and my finger was already in the trigger well. It was pure instinct - and then I blasted this middle aged man at point blank range with my mk1. :lol: :lol: :lol: I think we were both shocked.

2 vs 3
marauder_4 & Wetmonkey vs DX, Rambo, & Will.

Andrew and I had to go back to the campsite, and when we returned the rest of the guys were gone, but my gun was left on the ground where I had told DX to watch it. We knew that this meant war. The details add a lot to the story, but it will have to suffice to say that we ended up tracking them through the woods and then back out into the large grassy area in front of the bath house. At one point they walked right past us, at the edge of my range, maybe 55 ft, and we completely froze. Nothing but the night between us, and somehow they didn't see us. They walked back to the bath house and filled up for the (what they thought was imminent) ambush that they'd face on the way back to the campsite. Little did they know, we stalked them back to the bath house. The rest, I caught on video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5PC8j7j ... ideo_title

Saturday

Team 1hk

Wetmonkey: CPS 21k killed by m4
Seal: CPS 2700 killed by m4
Scott: Vindicator killed by DX
Keith: Vanquisher killed by m4
John: CPS 1200 killed by Will

vs

marauder_4: CPS 2000
DX: CPS 2000
Rambo: CPS 2500
Will: CPS 1500

45 minutes searching the battlefield, 20 minutes tracking the enemy, then we ambushed them along the path. They were just out of range, so it was a little disorganized. I ran down Seal, then took off after Keith who had headed up a rock face on the right of the path. I was then seperated from the rest of my team and was afraid that our 3 remaining foes would take advantage of me being cut off, and would pursue me, but they were in a stand off with DX & my cousins. Then they retreated to this thick underbrush area and laid an ambush for us. I am not sure why Wetmonkey didn't take me out, maybe his gun didn't have the range, or something was in the way, but I saw him in my peripheries and instinctively turned took him out with a 20x beam. At that point we surrounded the thick grove and Will went in from behind while Scott and DX dueled it out.

Base Defense (1 hk, respawn, 3 lives)
Defense Team
Wetmonkey: CPS 2000
Will: CPS 1500
John: CPS 2000
Keith: Vanquisher

Assault Team
marauder_4: CPS 2000
DX: CPS 2000, APH, Douchenator, waterballoons
Rambo: CPS 2500
Scott: Vindicator
Seal: CPS 2700

This was a lot of fun. It was dead even, and the defense probably had a bit of an advantage, until we came around behind them as there was a ridge behind their base. It would have been better if we hadn't been allowed to use the ridge, but did have a large supply of waterballoons, and a working douchenator. Despite all this, it was a lot of fun. We took out all of their players without any of our players being eliminated. I managed to get a few seconds on film:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZyUFCmA ... ideo_title

1 hk, Air Pressure Only, 3 vs 3 vs 3
marauder_4: Explorer, Will: SS 100 mk2, Rambo: XP 110
vs
Wetmonkey: XP 150, Scott: XP 105, John: XP 270
vs
DX: XP 150, Keith: water warriors ?, Seal: Max D 6000

the last 2 people left in the game were Seal and John. Seal eliminated John and won the round.

1 hk, Air Pressure Only, 4 vs 4
Wetmonkey: XP 150, John: XP 270, Rambo: XP 110, Will: Explorer
vs
DX: XP 150, Scott: XXP 275, Seal: Max D 6000, Keith: water warriors ?

Again, Seal took the field! Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvJyZV_o ... ideo_title

Free For All Soakfest
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBoOUcUko-c

Sunday

Respawn, Capture the Flag
marauder_4: CPS 2000, wetmonkey: CPS 21k, Rambo: CPS 2500, Will: CPS 1500
vs
DX: CPS 2000, Seal: CPS 2700, Scott: Vindicator, John: Vanquisher, Keith: ?

Our team could never find their flag, and I was told that they refused to hold it up so that we could see where it was at. I defended our Goblin (flag) while the rest of my team was on the attack. I made 5 kills and was killed twice. I killed DX 3x but he came up with a great plan to take our flag and it almost worked. They sent 3 against me. DX rushed through the woods. Scott came around out in the open behind me to my right, and John came around behind me to my left. DX played the gambit, taking the shot so that Scott could take me out, allowing John to grab our flag and Scott to provide cover fire for his escape. Unfortunately for them I was able to run to the respawn point and back quickly. Scott had the high ground, which made up for the range difference between his Vindicator and my 2000. We both took each other out and I had to head back to the respawn point yet again. At this point I took off as fast as I could down the path through the woods and shot John in the back just before he made it back to his team's base. I grabbed our Goblin and rushed it back to our base. 5 minutes later the game was over, ending in a draw.

1 Hit Scores, 4 vs 4 on the Cliffs
Each team was required to have 2 piston powered weapons, and was prohibited from having a blaster with a nozzle greater than 5x. Everyone counted how many times they were killed, as this was easier to track up with rather than how many kills they made. If you were hit you had to hold up your hands and count to 10 before you could re enter the game. This worked out very well.

Seal: CPS 1200, 5 deaths
Scott: Helix, 25 deaths
Keith: XP 270, 9 deaths
John: Helix, 7 deaths

vs

DX: CPS 12k, 3 deaths
Wetmonkey: XP 150, 4 deaths
Will: Stream Machine, 4 deaths
"Rambo" Jack: Shotblast, 10 deaths

DX's team inflicted 46 kills on Seal's team, vs 21 kills made on DX's team
http://youtu.be/N-cOaLMh3iE

1 Hit Scores, 4 vs 4 on the Cliffs
This was the same, except that Andrew filmed while I played. My team was the same as in the first game of the war.

Seal: CPS 1200, 1 death
Scott: Helix, 8 deaths
Keith: XP 270, 4 deaths
John: Helix, 5 deaths

vs

DX: CPS 12k, 1 death
marauder_4: SS 100 mk2, 3 deaths
Will: Stream Machine, 3 deaths
"Rambo" Jack: Shotblast, 5 deaths

We inflicted 18 kills on Seal's team and suffered only 12.
http://youtu.be/6HvEkgnGV3I

Other Videos from the war:
Keith shoots matthew with an APH: http://youtu.be/sZnvgZ7tt8g
M4 duel vs Scott: http://youtu.be/HMVHeSpTOTI
"Rambo" Jack firing DX's APH: http://youtu.be/sOq7m6zohHM
DX down to 1 balloon vs 3 opponents: http://youtu.be/2GpMPBECm78

Photos:

https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:39 pm

My god, that looks like incredible fun! Great job planning!!
Hopefully next year I can make it.

EDIT: Even better, pictures! That really is awesome.

rambogo4

Post by rambogo4 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:06 pm

team 1hk: personaly this was one of my favorite battles we traveled all around the park for an hr and 15 min an finaly the other team came up the rocks ad we ran for the woods and hid there each of us crouching behind a tree then when they passed we attacked

in the base defense one our assault team dominated once we started surrounding them, i kept creeping up from behind if my gun didnt keep leaking when i pumped it

3 vs 3 vs 3 airpressure 1hk
i really wish will was able to climb up that tree

Respawn, Capture the Flag:bad idea trying to creep around 1/2 the battle field through the dense woods for 15 min barefoot by the time i got to their base the game ended which didnt really matter cause i didnt know where the goblin was anyways

Me right before we left

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:55 am

I take it the plans for a naval war never fell through. Not that it matters, because if I miss the next community war, I will rage so loudly you guys will probably hear me where you're playing anyways.

Heheh, I noticed the lack of fancy improvised equipment for sidearms and what not. No one seemed to use more than one blaster anyways. Kills were pretty much all in the open with very few sneak-ups, and there were LOTS of chase-kills happening. I probably would not have enjoyed the games that took place in the wide open field, unless they were only played for a bit and/or if the rest of the field was allowed to be used.

Until next time I guess. Feel free to use the logo as necessary, but if you need HBWW's logo erased, let me know.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

marauder

Post by marauder » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:54 am

CA99 wrote:I take it the plans for a naval war never fell through. Not that it matters, because if I miss the next community war, I will rage so loudly you guys will probably hear me where you're playing anyways.

Heheh, I noticed the lack of fancy improvised equipment for sidearms and what not. No one seemed to use more than one blaster anyways. Kills were pretty much all in the open with very few sneak-ups, and there were LOTS of chase-kills happening. I probably would not have enjoyed the games that took place in the wide open field, unless they were only played for a bit and/or if the rest of the field was allowed to be used.

Until next time I guess. Feel free to use the logo as necessary, but if you need HBWW's logo erased, let me know.

The lake was a little disappointing and we didn't have enough working WBLs to make the naval war a viable option. I think Scott used his Helix as a sidearm to his Vindicator, but never had to use it. Andrew had a 21k and Tigershark? in adition to a 2000 on base defense, but he put them down behind the asphalt. DX had the Douchenator, an APH, and waterballoons on base defense, in adition to his 2000. I had a 1500 in adition to my 2000 on capture the flag, but I just hid it in the woods. You're right though, side arms were seldom used. They were mostly kept hidden and used in emergency situations, or used to fill another gun. The reason things seem so wide open is because that's where most of my best footage was from, the densly forested stuff was difficult to film properly. The soakfest was out in the open mostly because we were so exhausted from going in the woods all day. Most of base defense even happened in the woods and around the asphault or gravel mounds, that clip of open stuff just happened cuz thats where I had the camera. You would have enjoyed it, and yes, there were lots of chase kills... some resulting in skinned knees.
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:52 am

Purely awesome!

Great to see the group had a lot of fun and am duly impressed that you guys organized and managed to pull this off!

As for League points, unless someone objects, I'll be awarding all participants in the Community Summer War full points for pictures and videos so long as a report from the member is written and posted either in this thread or, of course, in the League battle report section. I figure not everyone could bring out a camera and would be able to take pics/videos, but everyone who participated helped make this special event happen.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:15 am

marauder_4 wrote:yes, there were lots of chase kills... some resulting in skinned knees.
Yes, I can agree with that. It's getting better now, but it's still ugly and oozing goo.

The pictures came out very well, but the movies were a bit fuzzy. I notice that I look like the terminator with my sunglasses on. :goofy:
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:32 pm

Request to all Community Water War participants; if you took pics, would you be willing to email them to me so I can repost them on iSoaker.com? I could also grab images from these posts, but if higher res images are available, those would be great. That said, I won't grab anything unless given permission from the owner of the photos.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:55 pm

Here are about half the pictures I have (I didn't take many.). All of these are from the second day.

Here's most of my arsenal a little while after everyone got there.

Here are M4, one of his cousins, and wetmonkey getting ready.

Here are some of M4's camoed blasters. Very nice indeed.

Here's Scott with his blasters.

Here's my brother after filling up his 1200. I'm filling my 2700 in the background.

Here's a close up of me... Still filling my 2700! That thing has a monster reservoir. My other brother is waiting to fill his Vanquisher.

Some of the water bottles I brought. We didn't end up using them as much as I thought we would.

Here's everyone chatting before the CTF game.

Here's our team in CTF. Can you spot DX hiding the flag/Goblin in the tree?

We're on our way to the woods for our first round on the cliffs. The other team is up ahead.

Another shot of us walking towards the woods.

I will try to get the pictures from the first day uploaded, but it may take some time.

I must say though, this was a whole lot of fun, and I hope we can do it again next year with even more people. One thing's for sure, I'll never have any fun in our little free-for-all soakfests anymore... But the war has got me and my brothers into the water warfare mood, so I may post some battle reports soon.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

atvan

Post by atvan » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:07 pm

The 12k is gonna have higher than 5x output, right? Sounds fun.

Love the camoed helix too! :p
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

marauder

Post by marauder » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:26 pm

atvan wrote:The 12k is gonna have higher than 5x output, right? Sounds fun.

Love the camoed helix too! :p

We weren't real rule sticklers. It was basically, "no big CPS guns" and each team needs 2 piston operated guns. Then we looked at the guns we picked out and said it was cool and went and shot each other. DX's 12k was pretty sweet though.

I love those pics Seal.

atvan

Post by atvan » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:26 pm

The helix is great, I'm gonna tape a single leaf on the side of all my guns.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Beware the Purple

DX

Post by DX » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:05 am

I have about 35 pics to post and a report, but I got stung by a bee yesterday and it's so ITCHY that I can't focus on this lol.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

atvan

Post by atvan » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:39 am

Tht sucks. My cousins finally left, and I can have some peace. If you didn't notice, all my posts since Sunday have been fairly short. Anyway, I really wish I could have gone. Now I'm inspired to make some ghille suits for my guns.
Beware the Purple

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:10 pm

I guess I'll write a more detailed report of events from my point of view.

I got to the park a bit later than I wanted to, due to a late start and getting stopped twice by all the construction that's going on in my area. After I got there, I unloaded everything onto a picnic table sitting by the basketball court (The pavilion was taken.). Scott arrived in a few minutes, and we set up the gazibo that he brought and filled up the water bottles. Right after we finished with that, everyone else arrived (Great timing!). After a tour of the forest area, we were ready to begin. I decided to use my 2700 because it has the best non-homemade power of all my guns, and is too heavy for my brothers (It does wear down on the arms after a while.). I also used my backpack, in which I stored a MD 4000 for back-up, with 2 water bottles and my Swiss Army knife (I later found out that I also had an old pair of socks in there, that were there since last winter. :goofy: ).

You already know the teams; I was with my brothers, Scott, and wetmonkey, while M4 went with his cousins and DX. We set up on opposite sides of the woods, using a timer on our watches that told us when to start. Once the game began, wetmonkey and my brother, Keith, went forward on the trail, towards where the enemy was believed to be, while Scott covered the rear. The plan was to get the other team to chase them back to where me and my other brother, Jon, were hiding on opposite sides of the trail. Time went by, and I started to move up slowly, stepping only on moss, rocks, and anything that would make as little noise as possible (We were all being very over-cautious.). At one point I thought I saw someone decending into the gorge, but I never knew who it was (I still don't.); nobody on my team said they went down there, and he didn't look like anyone on the other team. After more sneaking around, I saw some people through the trees, but it turned out only to be my team.

After discussing strategy, we split up again, with me, Keith, and Scott going into the gorge, while wetmonkey and Jon went back along the edge. We posted Keith at the top of the cliff, while me and Scott decended into the ravine, stepping carefully and talking in whispers. Once we were sure nobody was around, we beckoned to Keith, telling him to come down. I can't remember much of what we did while down there, until we decended the other side, going one at a time in case they were waiting. When we got to the top, we found wetmonkey and Jon, who told us they still hadn't found anyone. So we doubled back, going back to the basketball court to see if they had given up and went back, but they hadn't. We went across the baseball fields, into the woods on the other side, but we found nothing but a swamp, and decided that the other team wasn't there. We went back to the main trail, at this point pretty bored, walking and talking normally.

That's where we made our mistake. I remember someone yelling "Ambush!" I turned around and was like "Woah!" firing a quick shot with my 2700's medium nozzle (That's the only setting I ever used.) to slow them down a bit, then took off running like a maniac. Due to my heavy load, and poor decision to run off the trail, they managed to catch up to me, and the rest seemed to go in slow motion. I remember losing my balance and falling forward, just as a load of water splashed my back. I landed on the gravel trail, skidding forward a few feet, water bottles flying out of my backpack. My left hand and knee were all busted up, but my 2700 seemed to be okay. I went back to the court, to get the wounds cleaned up and was joined by Keith a few minutes later. Then in a little while, everyone else came out of the forest; the battle was over, and my team didn't even get one kill. Oh well, if we hadn't got surprised like that, things may have been different. I was rather disappointed that I didn't get much of a crack at the other team, but that's what I get for getting bored and lowering my guard.

Next was the assault game. It was me, DX, M4, Scott, and one of M4's cousins (Known as rambogo4.), vs. wetmonkey, my brothers, and M4's other cousin. As seen in the video, we had the battle in the dumping area, with the defending team's base on top of the gravel piles. I went with the same armament as before (2700 with MD 4000 and 2 water bottles in my backpack.), and we had a stockpile of water balloons, as well as DX's homemade water cannon, and his WBL (Which later turned out to have a pressure leak, so we didn't get to see it fire.). We each had 3 lives to start, and whichever team lost all it's players first, would lose the game. If you were hit, you had to go back to a spawn point (In our case, it was the picnic table where we had everything set up.).

Now, my memory is a little hazy here. I don't really remember how everything went, but I remember a few of the more interesting things that happened, so that's all I will say here (Can't remember what order everything took place though.).

There were a lot of stand-offs. As someone said (wetmonkey I think.), "A real Mexican showdown!". There were also a few big rocks in the fighting area, and a few of us (Me included.) almost tripped. I think I only got hit once, but I can't remember who shot me. DX fired off his water cannon, but I don't think anyone got hit. I attempted to hurl a water balloon once, but I'm used to throwing baseballs, and the water balloon slipped out of my hand, landing about 10 feet away from my target (I have a confession to make: I'd never used water balloons in a battle before this.). I got a few kills, including a nice sneak attack on my brother. I think I also got the game winning hit (I definitely helped.) on my same brother (Jon.).

So we won that game, without suffering any eliminations (I think.). Overall, it wasn't really one of my favorite games, mostly because it was a lot of open area combat, which I am not very fond of (See CMC 15.).

Next we had the 3vs3vs3 air pressure-only OHK game. Me, my brother Keith, and DX, vs. M4 and his cousins, vs. my other brother Jon, Scott, and wetmonkey. I armed myself with my MD 6000, which I have to say, is one of my favorite blasters I ever owned. It lasts forever, has a nice power gauge, damn decent power (I always use the largest nozzle setting because each setting is so similar in size.), and is very mobile (Especially since I was just using the 2700. :goofy: ). I also found that after one tap-shot at full pressure, it only takes one pump to restore the pressure lost. The only downside is the stupidly designed grip (Which actually works out okay for me, because my hand is just the right size where I can wrap my pinky finger around the bottom comfortably.), and the Max-D trigger, which hasn't failed yet, but I feel I can only avoid it for so long. For back-up, I had my usual backpack arrangment.

After the usual team photos, we headed into the woods. We chose a rather open, flat area, which is not quite my preferred environment, but there was a good amount of cover (One thing I did notice about the forest though, is that there is close to no trees thick enough to hide behind.). I think the middle of the battlefield was marked by a big, flat rock stuck in the ground like a buzz-saw. Each team went to a certain spot, and called out when they were ready. The way we were facing, M4's team was to the right, and the other team was to the left. We started out by heading to the right, towards M4's team. The other team had the same idea, and we were all headed to the spot where M4's team started, I think M4 and his cousins started going away from us, maybe trying to flank the 3rd team.

Once again, I have trouble remembering exactly what happened, but I remember going into some pine trees, and attempting to take out some of the enemies who were close to my team. I honestly can't recall whether or not I got any kills (I'm pretty sure I hit someone at least once.); my pine tree tactic made it hard for anyone to hit me, but it also made it hard for me to hit anyone. :goofy: However, because of this, I was the only one left besides my brother Jon. So the only way to settle this, would be to duel. I can remember this a little better.

Jon, who was using Keith's XP 270 with a Helix for back-up (He thought up a really clever way to store his Helix so he could pull it out very quickly. I give him props for that.), actually had a slight range advantage, based on our measurements (We measured 40 feet for the 270, and like 37.5 or so for the 6000.). We started on opposite ends of a small clearing, and the duel began. Jon did a pretty good job holding me back for a while, but with the 6000's large reservoir and my conservative shooting, I outlasted his 270, and he pulled out his Helix. Well, that was my chance. I rushed in, stopping just out of range of his blaster, and shot him. The game was over. It was a lot of fun, so we decided to have another round.

This time, M4 chose not to battle, and filmed instead. The rules were the same, and the teams were similar to before, but with Scott joining our team, and M4's cousins joining wetmonkey and Jon. My armament was the same as the first round (Gotta love that 6000.), but most of everyone else switched a few things. Our battling area was the same place, with each team starting on opposite sides of the big rock. After we took a few mock-battle pictures, we were ready to go.

For the 3rd time, my memory is not perfect here, but this round went very much like the first one did, I snuck around in the pine trees, holding off attacks. Like before, it was over pretty fast, and in an almost movie-like coincidence, me and Jon were the only two players left. Rematch time! My brother was wielding the 270 again, but one of M4's cousins (Rambo I think.) gave him a camo covered XP 110 to use instead. Not sure if that's good or bad statistically (I imagine the 110 has better capacity, but I don't know about the range, especially since our 270 can shoot 40 ft.), but it turned out to be bad for him, as I'll explain in a moment.

Once again, we chose spots (Might have even been the same place; can't remember.), and began the rematch duel. This match lasted a lot shorter than the previous one, with me and Jon taking a few shots at each other, until the camo cover on the 110 slipped over the nozzle. With a blast of mist, I saw my opportunity, and charged in for the hit. And that was it for round 2.

The air pressure games were fun. Although after using CPS blasters, the air pressure blasters' streams seemed small and weak. Didn't really matter though. By this point, the day was starting to grow old, so we prepared for the end-of-day SOAKFEST!!! Yaaaaay.... Okay, I wasn't exactly jumping up and down with joy, since I'm really not very fond of soakfests, but it was pretty hot out, and no other gametype gets you soaked as much as a soakfest.

So anyway, some little kid comes up, obviously in awe of us with all our gear and blasters, and asked his mom if he could join us. I think she said yes, but only if we didn't fight in the forest. Since we were just going to have a soakfest, it didn't matter where it was (Although I think some people were in favor of having it in the woods.), so we just did it in the field, and gave the little kid a blaster. Now there's really not much to say here, after all, it's just a soakfest, which is not too hard to picture (We have a movie too.). I used my 2700 again, but with no backpack this time, and I just shot people until I ran out of water. I didn't really feel like filling up again, so I settled down and ate some food (I wasn't hungry at lunch.).

After everyone was done and the little kid went home, we started packing up. I decided not to sleep out at the campsite, but I did go there for a while to hang out (I actually camped out there about a week later, in the same campsite!), and my parents brought pizza for everyone. We were thinking about having a night battle (I would have.), but most people were tired.

And that's all there is for day 1.

On the second day, Scott was already there when we pulled in (Stupid construction.). We got to use the pavilion this time, since there was no party there. The others arrived a little while after we unloaded all our gear, and I proceded to fill the water bottles again. When I was done with that, everyone was pretty much ready to go. We decided to play CTF, with 2 flags, much like it's played in FPS games. We had unlimited lives, but whoever was hit had to go to a respawn point. Teams were me, my brothers, DX, and Scott on one side, and M4, wetmonkey, and M4's cousins on the other. I went with my usual armament, 2700 with MD 4000 and 2 water bottles in my backpack. We didn't have any flags (I wanted to get some, but never did.), so we used two of iSoaker's Goblins instead.

After a bit of discussion, we hid our flags. The other team, who's base was on the gravel piles in the dumping area, hid their flag/Goblin in a bush in the woods surrounding the base. Our base was on top of the rocks by one of the baseball fields, near the "Entrance to forest" mark on the map I posted a while ago. DX, being very crafty, hid the Gob- I mean flag in a tree on the edge of the rocks overlooking the baseball field. Our respawn point was the backstop. Now on to strategy. My brother Keith and I decided to stay back and defend the flag, while DX, Scott, and my other brother Jon, would attack and try to capture the other flag.

I remember this battle a little better than most of the battles on the first day, but it's nowhere near perfect. When we started, me and Keith took our defensive positions near the flag, while the others went off on the assault. Well, as far as I can recall, nothing happened for a while, until we got a few attacks by M4's cousins and wetmonkey. We fended them off pretty well, and eventually the others came back, apparently unsuccessful in their efforts to swipe the flag. I think we were under attack then, so all of us fought the other team for a while, trying to push them back. I think I got hit around this time; it was the only time I got hit in the battle. I believe we successfully drove the onslaught back, but they complained about us not telling them where the flag was, so DX took it down from the tree and put it on the ground. Then DX hatched a plan, and left for the assault with Scott and Jon. Once again, nothing happened to us for a while, until wetmonkey and one of M4's cousins were spotted sneaking around in the woods. After a few skirmishes, I think we shot both of them, and sent them back.

It was at that point I think, that DX and Scott had distracted M4 (Who was on lone base defense duty.), letting Jon grab the flag and run. From what people told me, M4 chased Jon down and shot him just before he got back to us. I didn't hear anything though, otherwise I would have rushed to his aid. Shortly after this, the game ended, right after M4's other cousin (Rambo.) appeared from behind, apparently having gone all the way around the outskirts of the battlefield (In bare feet nonetheless!). So the game ended in a draw, with nether team able to capture the other's flag. It was pretty fun though; I didn't do much, but I got some action.

Then we decided to have a OHS battle by the cliff areas, since we hadn't ever fought there yet. There were some restrictions on weaponry; each team had to have at least 2 piston blasters, and big CPS blasters weren't allowed. This was an opportunity to try out my new CPS 1200, since it didn't really count as "big" (Though I suppose a MXL could've been legal because it's so underpowered.), and I hadn't gotten a chance to use it yet. I decided not to carry my backpack this time, since the battle would be short (It actually turned out to be the second most water-wasting battle, based on my observations.). It was 4vs4, me, my brothers, and Scott, vs. DX, wetmonkey, and M4's cousins (M4 filmed again.). The rules were, if you got hit, you'd have to freeze, hold your hands up, and count to ten before being allowed to fight again. Whichever team got the most kills would win.

So we went into the woods, back to the gully (Dubbed "Thunder Gulch" by someone.), which had a big puddle at the bottom (It had rained a lot.) that we could use to refill (Another reason why I didn't take my backpack.). We set up on one side of the cliff, and the other team set up on the other. The fight began. Our plan was to stick to the high ground, and let them come to us, which they did almost immediately. At first, we had a pretty tough time keeping them back, but we eventually managed to get them to retreat. After that, we had a series of encounters, too many to possibly remember.

I got quite a few kills, the best one being a "Sniper shot", where I shot a perfectly timed burst from atop the cliff, that hit wetmonkey while he was running towards the opposite side. I got hit 5 times (We were supposed to keep track of our deaths, which is easier than keeping track of kills.), including one where M4's cousin shot me point blank in the back with his Stream Machine (Which I have to say, is one nasty piece of work. He was shooting from the bottom of the gully (Where the puddle was.), and could reach the top of the cliff where we were. I swear that thing got at least 60 feet of range.). I should have seen that coming, but I was busy trying to get the hit on wetmonkey, which I did a half-second after my brother shot him (That happened a lot.). My youngest brother Jon, managed to get a hit on DX with his Helix, which I have to say, was pretty darn good.

Anyway, after a little while into the battle, Scott and Jon decide to attack the other side (The enemy had been pushed back at that point.), but from what I heard (I was busy fending off an attack from the other side.), they were getting pummelled, and Jon retreated, but for some reason Scott stayed down there (Why, man?), which kept DX and some of the others busy, but he ended up getting himself killed a lot. We tried to help, but we were also being attacked from the other side, so we were occupied with that. So our team ended up losing by quite a bit, but I still think that was the most fun battle of the entire event. I was very pleased with my 1200 (Thanks JuchTurtles!), but I ended up wishing I'd brought my backpack, because the 1200 was the most thirsty blaster I used. But I still managed alright, only having to refill once with half of a water bottle that Scott brought. I was almost out when the battle was over though.

We were starting to hear thunder, but we decided to have one more battle, same rules as last time. M4 took wetmonkey's place on the other team, while wetmonkey took over camera duty. I took the MD 6000 this time, so I wouldn't run out of water as fast. I left my backpack behind again as well. As we walked toward the cliffs though the woods, it started to rain. The thunder was still far away however, so we battled anyway. This time we switched our positions, with my team taking the side that the other team was on before, and vise versa. Right after we started, the other team began the assault, just as last time. They managed to gain the high ground, and I got killed once, by M4 I believe. So my brother Keith, runs over to the other side, and calls everyone else over (That side was easier to defend in my opinion.). Me and Jon made it over, but Scott didn't hear him or something, so he didn't know where we all got to. Rambo came back over to the side we were on, and kept us busy while the rest of the team was focusing on Scott.

I was about to go back over, but just then a huge burst of thunder sounds right above us, and we decide to quit and get ourselves back to the pavilion. It was a pretty long walk; Scott and my brothers ran ahead, I, walking quickly, came afterwards, while the others followed farther behind. Once I made it out of the woods, I broke into a full sprint towards the pavilion, and found a bunch of people on a picnic who were hiding out from the rain. A minute or so later, the others come out of the woods, and we start to pack up. The game was fun, but unfortunately over too quick. I think my team was behind by a little, but not much. After dumping all our blasters and water bottles, we started packing up. M4 left first, then DX and wetmonkey, and finally us followed by Scott.

So how would I describe the first ever community war? It was a load of fun, but I feel like it was over too fast. But I guess that's probably about the best we could do, given the fact that people have to work or go to school during the week.

I learned quite a few things during this event. I got to know some of my blasters better, I learned some new tactics, and a better idea of how to fight in the woods. Oh yeah, and skinned knees suck. :goofy:

I hope we can get an even bigger turn-out next year! I still don't know if we'd be holding it here again, or somewhere else, but either way, I hope we can get as many people as possible.

~SEAL
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:18 am

atvan wrote:Nice well balanced armoury, though you need some CPS of the old. Anyway, that 275 will work nicely for the AP battle.
The 275 did work pretty nicely and I was very happy that my glue/gaffers tape/popsicle stick repair/reinforcement job held.
As for my armory most of my guns I have bought more recently, I bought a few newer model XP’s when I was young and ignorant and then never saw the need (or had the cash, I was one of those kids who every dollar I made got spent on a new HotWheels car), to buy CPS guns. I do have a partly working CPS 3200 that I “acquired” from a trash can but it doesn’t fit my stile at all. The Vindicator works for me pretty well though, In the CTF round I even managed to get Andrew twice with it and he had a 2000 (he got me too on the second kill though). But in the next year I will probably get a real job of some sort so could afford to expand my arsenal with more classic CPS guns.
CA99 wrote: Heheh, I noticed the lack of fancy improvised equipment for sidearms and what not. No one seemed to use more than one blaster anyways. Kills were pretty much all in the open with very few sneak-ups, and there were LOTS of chase-kills happening. I probably would not have enjoyed the games that took place in the wide open field, unless they were only played for a bit and/or if the rest of the field was allowed to be used.
The field wasn't actually used a whole lot, most of the battles took place in the woods. The soakfest and CTF were probably the only battles that really used the field. I wanted to have the soakfest in the woods, that's normally what I do at home, but every one else was too tired (I was pretty exhausted too). And in the CTF game only maybe 2 small 1 on 1 duels even took place on the field, other then that it was just used for a quicker method of traveling to the other base, the woods were slower so if you didn't care about being seen the field was used.
As for sidearms most people did have only one gun, I did have my Helix in my backpack but it never came out except in the soakfest which was the only game my Vindicator ran dry. I think John also had his Helix as a side arm in some of the rounds; he had it strapped to his backpack.

Oh and sorry I haven’t been on in so long, I never finished the war report and was so worried every one would be really mad at me that I have been afraid to show my face in the community. I know that sounds silly but I have some major anxiety problems, I freak out over Home Work assignments that will only take 5 minutes! So I hope to finish the war report soon.

And here is a link to pictures and videos that my dad took at the war. The videos are sort of mixed in with the pictures but that is the best my dad could do, though he will be posting the videos on youtube latter. If isoaker or some one else wants to sort out the pictures and post them on the site you have my permission but in the past it hasn’t worked so well when I have tried to upload pictures to the site myself.

Link to war pictures:
https://picasaweb.google.com/1024861397 ... d6TnMngrgE#

Oh, and you can just ignore the last few pictures, they are from a fire truck museum I went to on the way home and so were on the same camera when my dad uploaded the war pics.
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:05 pm

YES! My battle report is finished! iSoaker, feel free to post it on iSoaker.com if you'd like.

Scott: Nice pictures! Now DX is the only one who hasn't uploaded his pictures yet (Hint hint.).
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

atvan

Post by atvan » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:35 pm

Stream machines are epic. I would say they are almost as good as a 2k. They lack a reservoir, but only take one pump.
Beware the Purple

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:31 pm

atvan wrote:Stream machines are epic. I would say they are almost as good as a 2k. They lack a reservoir, but only take one pump.
Other then the lack of reservoir some are actually better. My friend had some that could hold about as much as a 2000s PC but might have actually shot farther. Are "Stream machines" and actual brand though, or just a type of gun? Because if it is a brand then I don't know if his were made by that brand, but they were the same type of blaster.
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"