Smallest Seperate Pressure Chamber Gun?

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
Me_Soak_U

Smallest Seperate Pressure Chamber Gun?

Post by Me_Soak_U » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:47 pm

What are the 5 smallest separate pressure chamber guns? Just wondering cause I need a powerful lightweight gun.
Keep Soaking!
Me_Soak_U
If you like water guns check out my youtube channel here:http://www.youtube.com/user/XxRnMproductionsxX
I'm That Guy With The 1700. Yeah the guy who drenched you? That's Me!

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Smallest Seperate Pressure Chamber Gun?

Post by HBWW » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:46 pm

It's no use if the separate chamber is too small and/or shaped and designed inappropriately (i.e. Arctic Shock). You're better off with a PR, particularly from the Max-D line. MD2k and 3k are the most powerful sidearm-sized blasters.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

Nitro123PG

Post by Nitro123PG » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:55 pm

If you don't want to deal with the hassle of the Max-D trigger system, the Hydra and Goblin are two readily available pistols from WW. If you don't mind fixing tiggers, however, the Max-D is your best choice.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:10 am

It's pretty much a coin toss with the Max-D's. Most of mine have lasted for quite a while under fairly light use, and one of my 3000's pumps broke once but never had a trigger problem. Max-D's are also perform substantially better than BBT's similarly sized blasters. As for BBT's, the Hornet might be one of the better choices since it has fairly decent capacity, but I prefer Max-D's so far.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:37 am

Give the man what he asked for!

According to iSoaker.com, the 5 smallest separate pressure chamber guns, sorted by length from smallest to largest are:

1) Super Soaker Max Infusion Defender
2) Super Soaker XP 70
3) Super Soaker XP 270
4) Water Warriors Ultimate Renegade
5) Super Soaker XP 95

It is worth noting that the SS 100 and XP 150, while longer, are substantially lighter than any of the blasters listed above. They are very rare, however, and due to design/age are fragile.
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:57 am

Something seems off with wetmonkey442's list

Sorted by length, I'm seeing
1) Super Soaker Overload (37cm)
2) Water Warriors Argon (39cm)
3) Super Soaker Arctic Shock, Flash Flood, Secret Strike (40cm)

Then again, one can argue blasters like the Arctic Shock and Flash Flood are chunkier than the XP70 (43cm long)

That said, when it comes to small-arms, pressurized reservoirs or even pump action blasters are better in general when blasters get to MaxD3000/XP240 sizes.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:48 am

Oops, my bad! Although in my defense I never knew the Overload had a separate chamber...
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

marauder

Post by marauder » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:58 pm

wetmonkey442 wrote:Give the man what he asked for!

According to iSoaker.com, the 5 smallest separate pressure chamber guns, sorted by length from smallest to largest are:

1) Super Soaker Max Infusion Defender
2) Super Soaker XP 70
3) Super Soaker XP 270
4) Water Warriors Ultimate Renegade
5) Super Soaker XP 95

It is worth noting that the SS 100 and XP 150, while longer, are substantially lighter than any of the blasters listed above. They are very rare, however, and due to design/age are fragile.
I have only used the top 3, and I have to say that the Defender (with backpack) is the best option. Especially if you slightly drill out the nozzle like DX did. I would like to try an XP 95 though.

I swear by my SS 100 mk2 "New and Improved." It is one of my favorite "under rated" blasters, along with the SC 600 (version with gray pumps). My 100 gets 36 - 37 ft range. My brothers gets the same range. My XP 150 mk1 shoots 33 - 35 ft. It will last a long time if you are careful. It's not a gun to break just because of the design, like the SS 200 did, and I assume the original 100 (it is the version with the baseball shaped unscrewable firing chamber.)
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:19 pm

I haven't used the Defender so I can't vouch for it, but I'd pick one up if given the opportunity. The XP 270 is pretty good, and amongst the same class, I'd say that the Max-D 6000, Tiger Shark, and Flash Flood are also useful. One of the new Ultimate blasters (either the Renegade or Explorer) has also been reported to be pretty good. Not sure about the XP 95, and the XP 70 seems to be a bit underpowered from what I remember.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

DX

Post by DX » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:32 pm

I am obviously biased from having a wicked Defender - it's my top pick for a small separate chamber gun. So compact, so light, so durable, and so much range when you drill it a bit (over 40). This little thing is Ben's monster truck out of a toy truck analogy right here. Good capacity for a gun that size, too. Small pump though, with a Max-D trigger - though I've only heard of one user with a Defender trigger issue and that was ages ago. It's one of those guns that everyone turned a blind eye too, but actually turned out to be an awesome pistol. Almost everything else that size is PR or pump action. I wouldn't even know about that gem if iSoaker hadn't sent one as a gift, course now I wish I could stock up on them, but they've vanished.

XP 270's would serve you well. They are tanks - Nick's went through dirt and mud and bushes and reeds and heat and cold and rain and heavy fighting in long wars and just kept on working. I've never fired the benchmark XP 70 or the Renegade so I can't comment on them beyond what you see for their stats. The MD 6000, XP 310, Argon and the such start to get into a different class, but if you wanted something a step down from a FF, Overload, 1000/1200/2100, etc, I'd take the XP 150, XP 310, or SC 600 before anything in the MD line. MD's will get better ranges, but XPs tend to be more durable. 150's have been a mixed bag for me, I own 4 and 3 don't work. They used to all work and I have no idea why they stopped. Ben, I thought you bought an XP 95 from Ebay? If not, I'll bring mine to the community war and you can test it. I've got to make sure that it still works, too.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

marauder

Post by marauder » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:19 pm

I bought an XP 65 and XP 75 off Ebay. I wanted a 95, but the guy was asking $60 for it, plus shipping. That giant riot blast pic you saw was my 65, which I am very impressed with. I wanted to get a Defender, there were 2 available on Ebay a few weeks back, but they were sold very quickly. I agree with you about the XP 150s. I had an mk 3 (version with different colors) and it seemed to get 35 - 37 ft. I know that doesn't seem to be like much, but I truly believe in range threshholds, and even in soakfests, 2 - 3 extra feet make a difference. The internals of all the 150 marks are practically identical, so the range variation must just be due to age or individual abnormalities.

It would be cool if you brought the 95. I hope we can have at least 1 air pressure only battle. I LOVE CPS guns, but playing air pressure would help give our big guns a rest, and would create an entirely different feel to the battles.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

Bednesti

Post by Bednesti » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:36 am

Water Warriors Goblin! I got one today, and I love it!

Bednesti

Post by Bednesti » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:37 am

Also, I may get a lot of hate for this, but the Super Soaker EES Sonic makes an excellent piston-based sidearm. The EES Sonic is currently my favourite Sidearm. I carry both it and my Goblin at all times.

atvan

Post by atvan » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:26 am

Welcome to WWn!

Please edit instead of double posting. Also, the goblin and the (I beleive) sonic are pressurized reservoir blasters, not seperate pressure chamber designs. In fact, there are smaller PR guns by far, not including off brand ones.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple