How would you fight?

Water warfare tactical scenarios, role-playing threads, and fictional stories.
Me_Soak_U

How would you fight?

Post by Me_Soak_U » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:29 pm

This is a thread in which I will name two guns that have a duel and you guys tell me what strategies you would use with each gun (yes, I know it's similar to Laminator's thread, I got the idea from him). Then say who would have the advantage. The game is with evenly matched players, in a indoor paintball-style arena (small, lots of barriers), and the object of the game is to soak the opponent.

So first match up: A water warriors vindicator vs. a super soaker flash flood
Second: A cps 2500 vs. cps 3000
Third: A water warriors vanquisher vs. a water warriors equalizer

So, How would you fight (say in gameshow host voice :P )?
Keep Soaking!
Me_Soak_U
If you like water guns check out my youtube channel here:http://www.youtube.com/user/XxRnMproductionsxX
I'm That Guy With The 1700. Yeah the guy who drenched you? That's Me!

atvan

Re: How would you fight?

Post by atvan » Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:59 pm

Im assuming a duel means OHK here.

FF- mobility, sure kill shot when needed

3000- shot time, power, I would say better mobility

Vanquisher(CPS)- shot time, range, power capacity

Not much else to say.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

Me_Soak_U

Post by Me_Soak_U » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:11 pm

not OHK, soakfest. It's basically which gun would soak the other one more. Also, please describe how you would fight in each situation with each gun. For instance, how would you fight if you had a flash flood and your opponent had the vindicator? What if it was the other way around? Then say which you think has a better chance of winning and why.
Keep Soaking!
Me_Soak_U
If you like water guns check out my youtube channel here:http://www.youtube.com/user/XxRnMproductionsxX

atvan

Post by atvan » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:56 pm

Sorry, I was in a hurry. I don't like the idea of a duel defined as a soakfest, so I will make it OHK with multiple rounds. Different strategies, but this is the way I will say it. Also, I would say the area you stated would not be suited for duels of even water guns in general. The obstacles are too far apart.

Anyway, in situation one, if I had the Vindicator, I would utalize shot time and range to supress the FF and keep him back, avoiding the dangerous point blank situation. I would keep on smaller nozzles to try to outlast him as well.

With the FF, I would move quickly, never standing still. A flanking maneuver would be helpfu, as my speed would be faster, and I could force the enemy into a corner. I would also climb on the obstacles to negate the range advantage of the Vindicator, and at the same time, crouch, reducing my profile.

Capacity: Vin
Power: Vin
Stream Speed: FF?
Range: Vin
Agility: FF
Speed: FF
CQB: FF

Advantage: FF :flashflood:

In situation 2, if I had the 2500, I would utalize the length of the gun to reach out my gun and get more range. I would rely on the 10x for maximum range and clarity of the shot. I would also go for the long range confrantations, and keep the enemy in sight.

If I had the 3000, I would stick to 5x or 10x to gain superior shot time over the enemy. I would push for short range engagements, and dare the 2500 user to shoot up their PC. I would also use my gigantic capacity to outlast the enemy.

Capacity: 3000
Power: 3000
Steam Speed: Tie?
Range: 2500?
Agility: 2500
Speed: 3000
CQB: 3000

Advantage: 3000 :cps3000:

In situation 3, if I had the Vanquisher(CPS), I would press the enemy to get the enemy into a battle of long shots, due to my larger reservoir and PC. I would also avoid short range battling, due to the awkwardness of my gun.

If I had the Equalizer, I would stay on the move, and try to get the enemy to underestimate me. I would also try for close battles, as my smaller gun can corner better.

Capacity: Vanquisher
Power: Vanquisher
Steam Speed: Vanquisher
Range: Vanquisher
Agility: Equalizer
Speed: Equalizer
CQB: Equalizer

Advantage: Vanquisher
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Beware the Purple

Me_Soak_U

Post by Me_Soak_U » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:29 pm

im talking about an arena the size of a basketball court with 8 barriers ranging from 3 to 6 feet tall and 5 to 15 ft wide. Thanks for the in depth answer! Once I get 2 or more solid answers I'll make another.
Keep Soaking!
Me_Soak_U

atvan

Post by atvan » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:42 pm

That seems really small. How thick is are the barriers? Are they likd gym padding stuff, or solid? On the 3-4 foot ones, jumping them would be fun.
Beware the Purple

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:45 pm

What I understood is that you want our tactics with each soaker? Here's my answer:

Round 1:
-Vindicator: Has the power/range/capacity advantages over a FF, I'd use that. I'd keep my distance and scare my opponent off with frequent bursts, I'd aim to win this at range. I can't let myself get cornered, so I'd actually try to stay somewhat open and always have an escape plan.
-Flash Flood: The counter-argument, a stock FF's main stream will do nothing, nor will it get anywhere in terms of range. My plan would be to hit n' run. Get in close, riot blast, then run away to repump. This leaves me vulnerable for a longer period of time, but one direct hit will get my opponent very close to soaked. I'd need to stay on the move, dodge the Vindicator's shots, get closer and closer, perhaps backing my opponent into a corner, then unleash.
I'd pick the Vindicator for this.

Round 2:
-2500: Generally has a range advantage, sometimes it's slight, sometimes significant. Tap shots at range would be my main strategy, keep it set on 5x and take my time. Use the cover available, and remember that I have the option of a higher output than my opponent has should I need it.
-3000: I'd be very aggressive with this. I have a tremendous capacity, so I'd keep pushing forward, actively going for the soak (while still using cover). I'd probably keep it set on 10x, just to maximize my capacity advantage.
Tough call, the 2500 is my favourite CPS, but in a soakfest duel I'd probably go with the 3000.

Round 3:
-Vanquisher: Better capacity, output, and shot time. I'd get in close and use long bursts with the 3x nozzle. The Equalizer has a rather low output, so I'd try to power through its shots and get within a short range.
-Equalizer: iSoaker's stats say it has a higher range, so I'd (again) keep my distance.

Me_Soak_U

Post by Me_Soak_U » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:53 am

@atvan They are about two feet thick and inflatable but very, very tough. it is only a duel it doesn't need to be huge.
@mr. dude I agree with all your choices!
Next one:
CPS 4100 vs Vindicator
WW vanquisher (hydro power) Vs WW Gorgon (air pressure)
MXL Vs. CPS 1500/1700
So, How Would You Fight?
Keep Soaking!
Me_Soak_U

atvan

Post by atvan » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:55 am

It still seems pretty small. Are the barriers thick enough to jump on? Also, mr. dude, I thought the 3000 had 5x 10x 20x and the other one.

Anyway, Round One
If I had the 4100, I make sure it was a mark 1, or pray that my trigger won't break. Then, I would mone around, jump, duck roll, and try to get in close for high output shots, clarifying kills, and making full use of the sturdy tracked pump in the mean time.

If I had the Vindicator, i would try to keep my distance, avoiding the high output of the 4100. I would also keep in the open to minimalize the mobility issues of my gun.

Capacity: Tie?
Shot Time: Vin
Power: 4100
Steam Speed: Vin
Range: Vin?
Speed: 4100
Agility: 4100
CQB: 4100

Advantage: 4100

Round 2
If I had the Vanquisher, I would go for medium range confrontations, bringing the guns onto equal grounds. I would use the barriers to support the gun so that I could hold it out, maximizing range.

If I had the Gorgon, I would press for long range confrontations, and would push for long shots, making sure to pre-pressurize to maintain range, trying to outlast the Vanquisher by using the smaller nozzles.

Capacity: Van
Shot Time: Tie?
Power: Gorgon
Stream Speed: Gorgon
Range: Gorgon
Speed: Gorgon
Agility: Van
CQB: Gorgon

Advantage: Gorgon

Round 3
If I had the Monster XL, I would run away… to a corner where the barriers negated the range advantage. Then I would sit and wait for the enemy.

If I had the 1500, I would try to push for ranged confrontations, but use tap shots to conserve. I would also move around, making the MXL user spin, and maybe get dizzy. Once he falls, from dizzyness, or weight, I go in for the kill.

Capacity: MXL
Shot Time: MXL
Power: 1500
Stream Speed: 1500
Range: 1500
Speed: 1500
Agility: 1500
CQB: 1500

Advantage: 1500

Btw, the Vanquisher is actually more true CPS than HP, even though it was officially labeled as HP. It had a spherical bladder.
Beware the Purple

Me_Soak_U

Post by Me_Soak_U » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:15 am

@ atvan The barriers are big enough o stand on, but why would you want to jump on them? Good choices. You were joking about making the mxl dizzy, right? I mean, spinning would work and his slowness would probably allow you to get a shot at his back, but i doubt he would fall over.

P.S. I fixed the 1700!!
Keep Soaking!
Me_Soak_U

atvan

Post by atvan » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:47 am

You would stand on them to gain range. You could make the MXL dizzy if you wanted to.
Beware the Purple

Me_Soak_U

Post by Me_Soak_U » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:21 pm

If you expect him to spin in circles and fall over, I think your stretching it :P I thought you ment jump like bounce and I was like what? :oo:
Keep Soaking!
Me_Soak_U

atvan

Post by atvan » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:53 pm

That would be, fun, but useless. Maybe you could make the enemy think you were stupid, lure them in, and shoot them. I did make it sound like thats what I would do. Lol
Beware the Purple

Me_Soak_U

Post by Me_Soak_U » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:25 pm

I just came up with one and dont want to forget it so hear it is:
WW Sphinx (air pressure) Vs. WW Pulse Master
Keep Soaking!
Me_Soak_U

atvan

Post by atvan » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:05 pm

Good one.
If I had the Sphinx, I would try to conserve, and not let my shot end.

If I had the Pulse Master, I would try to encourage the enemy to use up their PC.

Advantage: Pulse Master

I'll post more later after I look at the stats.
Beware the Purple

Naugh

Post by Naugh » Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:12 am

I got one, more of a practical question. If you had a CPS 2500 and you had to face off against a CPS 2000 (doesn't matter which Mark), how would you proceed ?

Impending Flood

Post by Impending Flood » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:10 am

Hmmm. Close one. I guess if you stayed at the maximum range of the 2000, you might be able to get him to fire a few shots, depleting his PC. Whilst he is undergoing the lengthy procedure of pumping, I would run up and take a shot with maybe the 10X. That way, if you miss, you won't empty your PC. Then, retreat and repeat.

Note: I do not own either the 2500 or the 2000, so you should probably leave it to someone else who owns one or both to more accurately answer the question of which would win. :cps2500:
Drench 'em ALL!!!!

I shall soak you until you are soaked!

Me: Hey look! A Super soaker Monster 10th anniversary edition!
Friend: What?! Where?! I don't see no Super soaker monster!
Me: Oh NO!! I'm hallucinating! *Panics*

atvan

Post by atvan » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:12 am

Shot time. The 2000 has 3.1 (hey, thats funny) seconds shot time TOTAL. The 2500 gives you the chance to make them shoot off all their water, then go in for the kill.
Beware the Purple

carbonate

Post by carbonate » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:25 am

I think I would probably use the shot-time/more target trial advantage the 2500 has over 2000. 20X nozzle on a 2500 seem to deplete water in blink of an eye (which is per say closer to the description of 2000's 30X). However on 5X, 2500 lasts long enough to get multiple shots off single PC charge. Therefore, you should use your agility to first exhaust 2000's PC and move in for the kill while 2000 is pumping. But, also have enough water in the 2500 PC in case 2000 user decides to fire with half-charge.

BTW: would grabbing 2 * 2500 and charging in works? :cps2500: :cps2500: