Opening super soaker CPS 1700

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
DX

Re: Opening super soaker CPS 1700

Post by DX » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:27 pm

Ok, I just went down to CPS Central and rummaged through a bunch of crap to dig up the 1500 nozzle cap that I removed. It is in one piece, with no signs of glue except a little on the left and right sides. It looks like I chipped away a thin bit of the left side about 2 inches long and then it pried right off. The switcher is intact and a separate piece. BTW this version of 1500 had a screw under the nozzle cap, screwside.

I'm pretty sure that your 1700 cap is glued and that simple prying is not enough.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Me_Soak_U

Post by Me_Soak_U » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:58 am

ok I decided that I don't care how it looks I just want to open it. It still has to be able to switch nozzles though. If someone could give me detailed instructions that would be great. I'm keeping in mind M4's, but does anyone else have an idea?
Keep Soaking!
Me_Soak_U
If you like water guns check out my youtube channel here:http://www.youtube.com/user/XxRnMproductionsxX
I'm That Guy With The 1700. Yeah the guy who drenched you? That's Me!

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:20 am

If I remember from my 1500, the nozzle selector tab is connected to a wedge-shaped nozzle plate. The nozzle plate is attached to the front of the blaster (underneath the cap), using a screw and a spring guided rod to help with the selections. I think you can remove the entire nozzle cap and selector tab and still have the nozzle plate be functional. You would just have to reach around to the front of the gun and change it by feel instead of visually checking the placement of the tab (left or right).
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

Me_Soak_U

Post by Me_Soak_U » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:18 pm

so far I think marauder's seems the most likely to work. Any other suggestions? I'm opening it saturday morning.
Keep Soaking!
Me_Soak_U
If you like water guns check out my youtube channel here:http://www.youtube.com/user/XxRnMproductionsxX

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:54 pm

Doing this won't affect your ability to switch nozzles, even if the tab that sticks up (which you currently use to switch nozzles) is removed. Underneath the nozzle cone is a small nozzle switching device, which the tab that sticks up (which you currently use to switch nozzles) is attached to. I am 100% confident you will not harm this by removing the nozzle.

If you end up hacking away at it, and you can't put the nozzle cone back on when you're done, you can easily use some plastic or piping from a home improvement store and epoxy it to the small nozzle selector which is hidden under the big orange cone. One of the 1500s I have does not have the big orange cone or the nozzle selecting tab, that's just how I got it (traded a 1-3-5 for it) but I have never had any problems switching nozzles using the small nozzle selector that was under the big cone.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

Me_Soak_U

Post by Me_Soak_U » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:16 am

Thanks to all for the help! I was able to fix it and keep the nozzle cap mainly intact! it still can go on the gun along with the selector tab!
Keep Soaking!
Me_Soak_U