K-Mod time..... - ..but where's the check valve?

For questions, articles, and discussions regarding water blaster modifications.
Nick

Post by Nick » Sat Aug 14, 2004 10:59 am

Where is the check valve and how do i freeze it? I'm gonna K-Mod my CPS1000. :cps1000:

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Aug 14, 2004 2:38 pm

http://www.sscentral.net/tech/mods/cvf.php

If this was SSCentral I would have told you to have looked at the site, but it's not. You don't have to do it with the screw method btw, it's just easier to seal a hole with a solid object in it. The basic idea is to located the check valve (which actually is a pressure relief valve), remove it, and fill in both of the holes created.

There also is a K-modding article at SSCentral. You might want to read it if you didn't see it yet, the one at the _section IMO isn't as complete (though it includes check valve freezing).

I also am rewriting both articles, adding new pictures and techniques. You may want to wait for that.

Edited By Doom on 1092512306

Nick

Post by Nick » Sat Aug 14, 2004 2:55 pm

Just gimme some pics please cuz none of this is making any sense. :(

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Aug 14, 2004 3:10 pm

Umm, there are over 10 pics in the check valve freezing article I linked to. I could give you the raw digital camera images if that would help, but I don't think it will.

http://www.isoaker.com/underground/mods/12kmod.cfm

That's the one here at iSoaker. I think it's pretty easy, just cut out the valve that it tells you to and fill in both of the sides with a strong plastic bonding glue.

Don't think you have a hard time, when I did this there was no graphical guide on how to. The only thing that makes modding/homemades hard is when people hesitate. Remember that, it's only hard because you think it is.