Pressure Release Valve

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
Me_Soak_U

Pressure Release Valve

Post by Me_Soak_U » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:09 pm

When you pump up a CPS gun enough that the prv goes off is it bad for the gun?
Thanks for helping
Last edited by Me_Soak_U on Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keep Soaking!
Me_Soak_U
If you like water guns check out my youtube channel here:http://www.youtube.com/user/XxRnMproductionsxX
I'm That Guy With The 1700. Yeah the guy who drenched you? That's Me!

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Pressure Release Valve

Post by HBWW » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:22 pm

I'd say to avoid it when possible. If it goes off once or twice each time you pump it up, it's fine, but I wouldn't spam it. Not sure how well the spring inside it holds up, but it seems best to avoid setting it off repeatedly if possible to avoid. So tell your friends who borrow your blasters to not bother wasting their energy pumping it after.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

Me_Soak_U

Post by Me_Soak_U » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:23 pm

thanks for the quick reply! So if I pump it up until I hear the PRV go off then stop pumping every time I pump it up I should be fine?
Keep Soaking!
Me_Soak_U
If you like water guns check out my youtube channel here:http://www.youtube.com/user/XxRnMproductionsxX

DX

Post by DX » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:46 am

In some CPS guns, you won't set off the PRV, the pump just stops dead. Make note of which guns have high HPL and which have low, because that will change the way you pump them. High HPL pumps until the pump stops. Low HPL has a set number of pumps before the PRV kicks in. You won't always be able to tell on sound alone, guns like the CPS 1000 may make the same noise on every pump, regardless of whether or not it's at full.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Me_Soak_U

Post by Me_Soak_U » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:50 am

Ok thanks.
Keep Soaking!
Me_Soak_U

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:51 pm

@DX: I have found the same to be true for the SS Hydro Cannon. I'll be damned if I can hear a difference between the pre-PRV pump noise and post-PRV pump noise.
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:06 pm

I have the same issue with my 10k, but it wasn't a problem until K-modded. The sound of the PRV also doesn't become audible at slow pumping speeds when the pressure isn't full. It's awkward and I never quite figured out. I guess the PRV is just acting up and releasing a little water when it's not supposed to.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

DX

Post by DX » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:35 am

10K's usually have shitty HPL. My light 10K just keeps on pumping and pumping with the same noise, I still haven't got a clue when the PRV kicks in.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:03 pm

wetmonkey442 wrote:@DX: I have found the same to be true for the SS Hydro Cannon. I'll be damned if I can hear a difference between the pre-PRV pump noise and post-PRV pump noise.
I can't hear anything at all, but I'm pretty sure the PRV kicks in when it suddenly gets harder to pump. This happens after about 20 pumps.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.