What to use...........

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
Agent 12

What to use...........

Post by Agent 12 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:55 pm

Hi! I'm having a War in a Couple of days, with Control the World rules, and death is Instant from Point Blank to 10-15 feet, and anything farther than that is 1/3 their life.(2/3 at 20 ft.) Anyway, I'm trying to figure out what the best Armory selection. I have a Scatter Blast as my Primary, my Trusty WW Ult. Bandit as a Sidearm, But I want a Good backup or a more Efficient Primary, plus I'm going to have 2-3 other people to arm, and none of them have barely ANY experience in Water Warfare, and/or have appreciation for learning about Arms or Tactics. What would be best? (P.S. My friend is "Charge the enemy, do as much Soaking as possible. You don't a plan more Complex than that." Basically a Kamikaze. :D )

atvan

Re: What to use...........

Post by atvan » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:17 pm

Well, I would get some LRT from Mcmaster Carr, get a solar shower and some fittings, and mod the hell out of the Scatter Blast, making it a CPS shotgun with decent shot time. Then, I would build a compact APH, or CPS mod a lightning's replacement(cant remember the name). However, this would take more than the few days you have if you happen to have a life.

More realistically, maybe a scatter blast 2 and an APH.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

Agent 12

Post by Agent 12 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:17 pm

By the Way, REALLY Tight Budget!

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:27 pm

Water Warriors brand will definitely be the best value for your money. Target sells the Water Warriors Titan for 7.99, which is an excellent price for an excellent soaker. If you don't live near a Target, check your local Wal-Mart or Toys R Us. Basically anything with a Water Warriors sticker on it will be a better buy than similar sized/priced Super Soakers (for 2011, at least).

Basically, all you need are three-four guns. You already have two, and you should be able to easily find two more for under $20 total. Keep an eye out for twin-packs as well!

http://www.target.com/Buzz-Bee-Titan-Wa ... ombrowse=0

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... Id=3098977

Soak On!
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:39 pm

Max-D 3000/2000 are the most powerful for their size and are good if you need the blaster to be small but powerful without too much regard to capacity. Even on a budget, it's a good idea to get the most useful blasters possible. The Gorgon and Sphynx are good choices at the upper end of the line, while the Renegade and similar Ultimate blasters should do a reasonably decent job if you need a very small primary for heavy running. The Hydro Cannon is not bad if you can mod or if you're very good at hit-and-run and aren't facing against CPS class blasters. Everything else new from SS this year is a complete waste of money period. Max-D 6000 is a pretty good light-primary, but like most blasters (especially SS's), you should get them when on sale. Anything from SS (that's not junk) tends to be very overpriced when not on sale. Anything that's junk is generally always overpriced unless on clearance. (Hence, how I got something as ridiculous as the Oozinator for $6 in 2006!)

Since your budget is limited, put yourself first. Select something that YOU would want to use, and then leave the rest to what's cheaper to buy. Use water refill bottles, and if you want, water balloons are fun too. Don't expect to be able to carry both a primary and a secondary/sidearm/backup if you're on a budget though; restrict all players to the number of blasters accordingly. (i.e. One primary, or two sidearms.) Approximate total water volume of blasters is a good start to consider rules for limiting amount of blasters carried if your armory is limited. Without a limited armory (i.e. you can supply more than the amount of players attending the war), there's generally no need for such rules.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

Agent 12

Post by Agent 12 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:27 pm

Thank You, CA99. I really like my Bandit, so maybe a macthing set is good. Maybe I'll give the Scatter Blast to Kamikaze Girl, Give my mystery Gun :ss50: to Sama, and just get a small Squirt Gun to M. (She probably won't turn up anyway. If she does, won't be too aggressive. :D :D :D )