Flood of soakers on Ebay

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
leprekan

Post by leprekan » Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:57 am

pokemon cards... (starts subtly twitching) I burned at least 200 on those things, biggest mistake of my life. still hoping i might be able to catch a good price on ebay, but nobody wants them now... if i got $2 or $3 for each of the "holofoil" cards i'd get around 50... whoopee.

trekkie00

Post by trekkie00 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:01 am

I probably spent the same amount. Fortunately, I found a very rare card in a pack, and sold it for $175. That helped pay off nearly all of the cards.

(FYI, it was a German 1st Edition Charizard)

leprekan

Post by leprekan » Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:07 am

I've got plenty good ones.(Ho-oh, dark charizard, etc.) they've lost their worth though.

Nick

Post by Nick » Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:33 am

Once I got an awesome runs of pokemon cards. I went to toys r us 3 times, and each time bought 3 booster packs. In one of each of three I got a charazard. How awesome is that? I once got 9 cards for one, another real rare card, and I kept the other 1, which then got stolen.:(

Field Marshal Yang

Post by Field Marshal Yang » Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:57 pm

Strangely this is turning into a thread about trading cards. I'll connect the TCG topic tot he ebay topic with this comment: during the peak of their popularity, the rarest trading cards are auctioned on ebay at insane prices. All for pieces of cardboard that have a random cahnce of beign worth something in the future or beign worth their value in paper materials.
Guns, Germs, and Steel: The Fate of Human Societies, by Jared Diamond

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Sat Aug 14, 2004 1:28 am

It seems to me Ebay has hit a small low right now and the great soakers we were seeing before have disapeared a bit.

I would rather want to see more variety of CPS weaponry than just a bunch of soakers I can't afford. Although, this is getting the attention of more people towards super soakers and could have a great impact on what comes out in the future.
Soaker Media
-[color=E9E9E9]Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci[/color]-

Iceman

Post by Iceman » Sun Aug 15, 2004 8:24 pm

I agree with Nibordude, nothing is popping up right now I want to get. Iv'e been watching Ebay like a dog for weeks now. Anytime now the gun I want will pop up... :cool: Like they say, good things come to those who wait.
_