Super Soaker CPS 4100 Trigger-system

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
GJIV

Super Soaker CPS 4100 Trigger-system

Post by GJIV » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:20 pm

Hi there. I bought two CPS 4100 and at the moment I am trying to install a new trigger system, the original one got lost(trigger and all up to the metal stab that connects all with the pull valve).

I managed to get some different ways to pull the valve but non of them are working as they should. DOes anyone has a picture of the 4100's internals including the trigger and the trigger system ?

Can anyone tell me why there is such a big pressure on the pull valve whe nthe PC is filled to maximum ? THis is crazy. I am just able to pull the valve back by using the whole power of my arm. The bladder seems to be much much stronger than the legendary CPS 2000 Mk1 bladder... Is this normal or is my vale ruined ? when unpressurized the valve can be moved very smooth, just as it should. But under pressure, there is so much power needed to open the valve...Now I can imagine why this gun is prone to broken triggers! This is terrible...

maurice_schouten

Re: Super Soaker CPS 4100 Trigger-system

Post by maurice_schouten » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:39 pm

Sorry, no solution. My cps 4100 had exactly the same problem: broken trigger dus to maximum pressure and it was impossible to open the valve. I sacrificed parts of the 4100 to restore a Monster X. I couldn't solve the problem of the 4100.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:45 pm

Some internal pics of the CPS4100.

May have more if needed.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

GJIV

Post by GJIV » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:24 am

isoaker wrote:Some internal pics of the CPS4100.

May have more if needed.

:cool:
@ isoaker many thanks, isoaker! Could you post some more pictures of the trigger itself ? I will build up a homemade trigger and it should be quite the same to get it work. As I do not have any triggers or broken triggers, I need exact pictures, would be great if you could disassamlbe the trigger so the pics do only show the plastic trigger in its shape.

Do I see right ? there is not extra spring to put the trigger back into start-position ? Just the spring of the valve ? There is a place for the trigger-spring, just as with other modells, but the plastic trigger does not seem to have a spring mounted here... ?!?

@ isoaker Another question: Is the trigger used in the CPS 4100 THE SAME as the one used in MONSTER X ??? THis would make things much easier, as I have three Monster X, where I can measure the trigger. ???

GJIV

Post by GJIV » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:05 am

I was right, the trigger of the MONSTER X is the same as the one in the CPS 4100, just the metal rod is a bit longer.

ok, I will not need further pics from the trigger, as I have it lying in front of me, but I am sure you would have take some for me, isoaker. So thanks very much! And thanks very much once again, it was you who brought on on this idea!

atvan

Post by atvan » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:09 am

The reason that the valve is so hard to open is that all the pressure from the bladder is pushing the valve closed, due to the design of a pull valve.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:30 am

The bladder on the 4100 is not unusually powerful, the trigger valve is unusually badly designed.
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:53 pm

I have the same problem on mine; when you hit the PRV, the pressure gets ridiculous and locks the trigger if it's not able to pull back far enough. However, I managed to get one of my triggers to work. I can't get pictures at the moment so I apologize, but what I did was use the traditional sheet metal repair posted at SSC, along with a plastic piece I cut out from a small sheet, cut to shape as a trigger. Next, I smothered the thing with epoxy and it's still holding up pretty well. The wheel thingy has to be removed, then you have plenty of space for the sheet metal to go to attach to the thing.
http://www.sscentral.org/repairs/snapped_trigger.html

The main differences between my repairs and the one in the article: I place the sheet metal on the sides of the trigger instead of in the center, and as mentioned, the missing body part of the trigger was substituted with another piece of plastic cut off from somewhere else.

Another solution I attempted was the wire trigger repair (which is also posted at SSC), but the wire I have isn't strong enough and keeps bending away. When I tested it, the max-pressure level of the 4100 was so demanding that after several uses, the wire was bent too far out of shape to be usable at all.
http://www.sscentral.org/repairs/wire_trigger.html

What I would recommend, but am far too lazy to do, is to create an emergency pressure release system; tie a string to the pull valve lever and run it outside the blaster, having it just sit there. If the trigger gets stuck, pull the string to force out the pressure.

I'll get pics of my 4100 repair when I can, but the problem is that I don't have time to disassemble the blaster if it's only to get pictures. I'll see what I can do, but if I can do anything about it, it won't be until next week because I have a final to prepare for on Monday. Until then, I hope my text descriptions are at least slightly helpful.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

GJIV

Post by GJIV » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:49 pm

thanks CA ! This is much text but helpful in a way :)

Fortunately I managed to buil up a total HOMEMADE trigger. I will paint it orange as the original colour, so it looks like the original trigger :)

It all works great, I will post some pics when the colour is dry :)