Tactics, traps, strategies

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
K3YD0N

Tactics, traps, strategies

Post by K3YD0N » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:36 pm

First, water warfare is not only squirt guns but water-balloons, and i need to know the best tactics, traps, strategies, with basic water guns and water-balloons and party balloons filled with water. I know a few like the water C4 and the flank and come in from 2-4 sides, but i need more.

P.S. i came up with the C4 on my own if anyone wants the design i will tell you below if you ask.
:cps2700: :soaked: :blazer:
Tactics, Traps, and Strategies, thats me pretty much. Need ideas, pm me for Tactics, Traps, and Strategies.

K3YD0N

Re: Tactics, traps, strategies

Post by K3YD0N » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:57 pm

well im gonna show u guys anyways, here is the basis of the C4 in 5 steps:
Step 1. Find a tree
Step 2. Find a branch that you can climb up to and there is room for a hose and a water balloon
Step 3. Find a water balloon that with not fall off of a hose head or water balloon make attachment
Step 4. Make sure hose is off and place hose (if you need it then use the attachment) and balloon and place in position so that if balloon breaks the water falls in the right spot.
Step 5. go hide in the bushes near where you turn on the hose, when person is under the balloon put the hose on full power and get ready to run, as soon as the balloon falls run
then they get :soaked:
Tactics, Traps, and Strategies, thats me pretty much. Need ideas, pm me for Tactics, Traps, and Strategies.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:31 pm

Sounds like a waste of balloon to me. Instead, you could just hook a hose up to the tree directly with a riot blast (shotgun) nozzle, and turn the hose on to activate it. However, this requires getting it up on a tree. What you could also do is hook it up to a tube system where the tube has holes in it, or where it is broken into multiple tubes each leading to a nozzle. Turn on the hose with the tubes connected and it activates. To do this, you could use 3/8" barbs and 3/8" ID 1/2" OD tubing. Finally, a simple, but popular mine is the water bottle mine. You drill two holes into the sides of the water bottle, one near the top and one near the bottom so that they both point outwards. The bottle is placed on the side, lying down in the grass hidden (rip surrounding grass off and cover the bottle to conceal) and when a target steps on it, it squeezes water upwards. This doesn't soak that well, and in rare cases may not even work correctly, but its cheap and simple.

Either way, traps are not that popular. They are difficult to rig and setup so that they can soak enough to get a hit. Good ambushes are easier to lay out instead in many cases.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

K3YD0N

Post by K3YD0N » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:18 am

All good ideas but there is a build up of water in the balloon that will fall on the target but the C4 is good because you can turn it on and run but when your in the tree there's nowhere to run (the C4 is good it targets are in a certain area) I'm usually more of a hit man though seeking out targets, soaking, running, hiding, evading, repeat. So it's only good if rigged ahead of time.

scottthewaterwarrior
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:51 pm

I would think that timing it right so that the balloon filled up to the bursting point would be rather hard, not to even mention getting the person into the right spot under the tree. This design would also require there to be a hose near the tree and some way to keep the hose from being seen. Filling the balloon would also make some noise so I think that it would alert the person of the balloon above them before it popped. It is a good concept though and maybe if you could find a way to pop a filled balloon with some string or something it would actually be a rather useful tactic. In general, though traps are fun as pranks but in most cases, an ambush would work better. I think hiding behind the tree and throwing a balloon at their back after they walked by would work the best.
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

K3YD0N

Post by K3YD0N » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:06 pm

If u fill the balloon close to bursting before u start the hose then it will pop almost emediently but Then turn on the hose then the balloon brecks from the water bursting it and then the water from the hose hits them. And to hide the hose just tape leaves or buy some type of camo hose. But I do agree with u on that they were better used for pranks. ( I'm more for using them for pranks kinda hard to set up in a water war)