Can anyone help me with a water cannon project?!!!

Guides and discussions about building water blasters and other water warfare devices such as water balloon launchers.
ajwilli5

Can anyone help me with a water cannon project?!!!

Post by ajwilli5 » Thu May 26, 2011 1:14 am

My friends and I have build a pirate ship from the deck up using a pontoon boat. It's almost complete: the only thing it is missing is a water cannon. I'm talking a water cannon similar to those that are used on industrial ships to combat against pirates. I have an idea using a pressure washer with a modified nosel to do more soaking rather than blasting. The main goal is to continously pump water from the lake and launch it. I was wondering if anyone had any other ideas or perhaps has done this before/has some plans and could help me out.

Thanks

martianshark

Re: Can anyone help me with a water cannon project?!!!

Post by martianshark » Thu May 26, 2011 1:31 am

What you're looking for is a river cannon. MOARC is a well known engine-powered river cannon, and it's very powerful. You might want to try something based off of that.

Another option is to build a water balloon launcher. This wouldn't soak quite as much, but it's more cannon-like, and they shoot hundreds of feet.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

ajwilli5

Post by ajwilli5 » Thu May 26, 2011 2:22 am

Okay, thanks! That's exactly what I am looking for.

Looks like I just have to purchase a trash pump and make some mods. Doesn't look too difficult. I am going to see if I can reduce the noice as well.

We have the 3 man water balloon launchers and I was thinking about building an air cannon that launches balloons but I'm afraid the majority of them will burst before reaching the target.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Thu May 26, 2011 4:28 pm

If built correctly, water balloon launchers won't pop the balloons. It especially helps to use a sabot, which you can attach to a string so you can reuse it.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.