Hands-On: Aqua Shock Sneak Attack - @ iSoaker.com

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
isoaker

Hands-On: Aqua Shock Sneak Attack - @ iSoaker.com

Post by isoaker » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:53 pm

Another soaker that many have had experience with, but this is my first time at testing out the Super Soaker AquaShock Sneak Attack!

For those who've only seen its pictures, to me, it feels like it possesses more "oomph" than the Super Soaker Vaporizer while sporting a feel and balance akin to the Super Soaker Helix.

The stream setting thicknesses feel more substantial than other recent piston-based Super Soakers. I am also pleased that the nozzle selector includes side detailing to that one can easily identify what nozzle is selected without needing to make your own markings or look at the front of the soaker. If there were just a little more contrast on the nozzle setting markings, it'd be perfect.

Having only done indoor testing so far, I'm not sure how far I'd be able to fire the stream, but since the stream has a good thickness and lamination to it, somehow I predict the estimated 20'/6m range printed on the box may actually be an underestimate. We'll see...

First, though, I need to finish up the Hydro Blitz review. :goofy:

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

hydroblitz

Post by hydroblitz » Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:01 pm

Finally! You got the Sneak Attack! Yay! Even if I have all the 2007 Super Soakers, I'm very happy for you! Yay!

P.S. :Can I be a Rogue Member?
Soak On!

cobralex297

Post by cobralex297 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:38 am

Can't wait to see the review of this one, as well as the full one of the Hydroblitz.

@hydroblitz: Please see the application procedure.

hydroblitz

Post by hydroblitz » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:24 pm

Thanks Al!
Soak On!

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:45 am

Super Soaker AquaShock Sneak Attack pictures posted.

Full review under development...

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:10 pm

Super Soaker AquaShock Sneak Attack Review posted. Still need to do range testing, though.

Enjoy!

isoaker

Super Soaker Aquashock Sneak Attack

Post by isoaker » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:45 am

Super Soaker Aquashock Sneak Attack Review

Willing to share your experiences, thoughts, personal reviews on this product? If so, post below!

Note: you must be a member of iSoaker.net to be able to post.

martianshark

Re: Super Soaker Aquashock Sneak Attack

Post by martianshark » Mon May 10, 2010 3:08 pm

The second best piston gun I've used. The sideways setings are really usefull to me because I get ambushed a lot on the corner of my house. The fan blast isn't very usefull, though. It makes a decent back-up, I guess, but I'd probably only buy it for the nozzle selector.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Sat May 15, 2010 4:32 pm

This is the best piston blaster that I have. However it's only really useful on the regular setting. The fan is pretty much useless.(Except at close range. Very close range.) And the only use I can think of for the sideways settings is the ability to shoot from behind cover.

So I can only recommend it for maybe a back-up. Perhaps if it's hooked up to an Aquapak it may be good as a light primary.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Sat May 15, 2010 5:26 pm

I've also heard a lot about this being one of the better piston guns. Nonetheless, a piston gun is still a piston gun. =p I won't vote for either yay/nay though because some people actually find them useful. (Including me... I find them great as weapons for objective based soakfests where one team is hardly armed, haha.)
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Sat May 15, 2010 9:15 pm

That reminds me of a water fight that happened before I really liked water guns. We mostly had water balloons and a couple random water guns, and the enemy had Sneak Attacks. We were pretty much creamed.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

Bopper53

Re: Hands-On: Aqua Shock Sneak Attack - @ iSoaker.com

Post by Bopper53 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:21 am

The Sneak Attack is one of the most underrated guns in my opinion. I once had to defend homebase by myself for 2 hours, against 2-3 people non-stop and a couple times 4-5 different people. I plugged the Sneak Attack into my backpack, and it saved us! Without it, we would have been overwhelmed.

If you are wondering why I was defending by myself, 2 teammates wandered off into the forest and just stood shooting things, another one injured his foot, because he took off his shoe and was running around barefoot! The other teammate pressured their homebase, so the other team didn't continually send all 5 teammates.

marauder

Post by marauder » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:30 am

Bopper53 wrote:The Sneak Attack is one of the most underrated guns in my opinion. I once had to defend homebase by myself for 2 hours, against 2-3 people non-stop and a couple times 4-5 different people. I plugged the Sneak Attack into my backpack, and it saved us! Without it, we would have been overwhelmed.

If you are wondering why I was defending by myself, 2 teammates wandered off into the forest and just stood shooting things, another one injured his foot, because he took off his shoe and was running around barefoot! The other teammate pressured their homebase, so the other team didn't continually send all 5 teammates.
What were your opponents using?
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:07 am

^ That and how slow were they?

I don't doubt that the Sneak Attack is an excellent... piston blaster. However, it's still only a piston blaster. =p
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

soakernerd

Post by soakernerd » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:05 pm

I have one, and it is one of the best piston guns around. It can easily defeat pressurized guns of the same size, because you don't need to pump.

marauder

Post by marauder » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:39 pm

soakernerd wrote:I have one, and it is one of the best piston guns around. It can easily defeat pressurized guns of the same size, because you don't need to pump.
Bring your Sneak Attack, I'll bring my 500, we'll see if you're right :cool:
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

Bopper53

Post by Bopper53 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:47 pm

My opponents had an orca, full-size stream machine, a pair of Max-D 4000s, and a couple other medium super soakers. The advantage is I didnt need to pump first. I could keep shooting while they need to pump up. And the stream machine only can take a couple shots. With my backpack I only needed to refill once.

Bopper53

Post by Bopper53 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:56 pm

And they were athletic 20-30 year old construction workers.

Also MartianShark, what do you think was the best piston blaster?

marauder

Post by marauder » Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Bopper53 wrote:And they were athletic 20-30 year old construction workers.
That must have made the victory even better.

My advice to all water warriors: "For best performance, pump rapidly between shots." If you get soaked while pumping you are doing it wrong.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:08 pm

If you ever run out of pressure on a blaster with more than 2 seconds of shot time, you're [probably] doing it wrong. "Don't have to pump" is an excuse made by those who can't manage blaster usage correctly.

Of course, if you're better with a piston pumper than a normal blaster, don't come crying to anyone when you face an opponent who's half-competent with a medium PR.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare