I need help buying a gun

Selling, buying, shopping for and/or trading water blasters.
abltcheeseburger

I need help buying a gun

Post by abltcheeseburger » Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:49 pm

I need a gun that can be filled up without a hose and can be fired without pumping.
Price and size are not an issue, capacity isn't much of an issue, but RANGE is an issue. What is the longest range gun with these parameters, can anyone help?

martianshark

Re: I need help buying a gun

Post by martianshark » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:03 pm

I think a Water Warriors Scorpion would be perfect for you. It automatically pumps using a rechargable battery and performance is simular to the CPS 1000. You also might be interested in the Water Warriors Taruntula, although performance with this one isn't as good. Stay away from the Thunderstorm, Saturators, WW Jet, and other motorized guns that aren't very good.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:18 pm

While martianshark's suggestions are good, the problem with blasters like the Water Warriors Scorpion and Water Warriors Tarantula are that they really aren't available anymore, not a usual blaster even for eBay.

Most retail motorized water blasters simply don't have particularly great ranges. Other than that, requiring a blaster without hose feed and without needing pumping severely limits possible choices.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

abltcheeseburger

Post by abltcheeseburger » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:34 pm

Yeah, I couldn't find either :(

thanks for the feedback though, any other suggestions?

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:09 pm

The only other pumpless, hoseless things availible today are squirt pistols, piston guns, and motorized junk like the Thunderstorm. If you're smart, you could build a homemade water gun using c02 canisters or something. Why exactly do you need your water gun to be pumpless?
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

abltcheeseburger

Post by abltcheeseburger » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:26 pm

I'm playing assassins. If someone tries to shoot me, I won't have time to pump.

Hose filled is just a preference, as I'd rather fill at the tap, since its more convenient if I run out of water on the go.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:56 pm

Squirt pistols are perfectly fine for assasins. People also like to use other small pressurized blasters like the XP 15, XP215, and Hydro Fury. All you have to do is pump it up beforehand.

abltcheeseburger

Post by abltcheeseburger » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:33 pm

I have already bought a squirt gun, but squirt guns do not shoot through second story windows.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:46 pm

You mean they're not capable of shooting up into a two story window? A slightly larger blaster such as a Max-D 2000 or 3000 should do the trick, but it will be a little harder to conceal.

abltcheeseburger

Post by abltcheeseburger » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:57 pm

I do not care at all about concealability.

edit - the reason for that is, when I'm aiming through a window, I'll just have the gun out.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:53 pm

Keep your blasters pressurized, so that you don't need to pump them first. Be careful with squirt guns as most of them WILL leak if you leave the nozzle pointed downwards. (They are poorly designed.) And only use squirt guns has a backup. The XP 215 or Hydro Fury are far better blasters for assassins, as they are as small as squirt guns but are capable of substantially better range and stream potency. (To the level of small piston pumpers.) Of course, the Max-D 2000 would be a better option at this size range, but only if concealability is a concern.

Since concealability doesn't matter, you can have a LOT of fun with this. Gather yourself a CPS 2500 and watch your targets get drenched as if they were pushed into a pool. Actually, any CPS blaster will do the job well, and the 1000, 1200, and 2100 are all cheaper to find on eBay. If you want to buy from stores, be careful what you buy as many blasters are simply no good. (I can't help all that much here as I'm still not sure on all of the options that will be available this year, but if you can find a Vindicator or an old Vanquisher [3 nozzles, not the new one with 5], get it.)

Most blasters can remain pressurized safely for hours. Nonetheless, it is better to avoid having to do so, but if the game mandates it, then you'll have to act accordingly. Motorized blasters like the Scorpion still have to pump which takes time, though the Tarantula can produce a stream almost on-demand and is one of the best-reputed battery powered blasters without relying on a pressure chamber. Nonetheless, it is still only motorized thus it is fairly weak.

Of course, shooting through a window from outside, especially with such powerful blasters, may result in damage to things inside. In any case, be careful.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

Impending Flood

Post by Impending Flood » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:59 am

If possible, get yourself a power pak. :goofy:
They don't need to be pumped but need a QFD and are quite rare.
Or get yourself a massive blaster and pump beforehand... ;)
Drench 'em ALL!!!!

I shall soak you until you are soaked!

Me: Hey look! A Super soaker Monster 10th anniversary edition!
Friend: What?! Where?! I don't see no Super soaker monster!
Me: Oh NO!! I'm hallucinating! *Panics*

soakernerd

Post by soakernerd » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:47 am

The WW Bandit is supposed to have good performance. I would try that.

scottthewaterwarrior
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:33 pm

In general I would think if your opponents were any good at all, it would be vary challenging to hit some one in a second floor window with out them hitting you first, the guy in the window has a major range advantage.. (I haven't brushed up on my water warfare game types in a wile but assassins is one hit kill right?) Even if it isn't, they guy in the window would have to be using a squirt gun to not completely drench you as you ran up, than he could duck behind the windowsill when you fire.
Now for gun suggestions:
I would recommend the Vindicator, that's my favorite any way, has good capacity, range, and 5 nozzle settings. It is rather heavy though so if you need something quicker than a pulse blaster would work vary nicely; it takes only 3 pumps for full power. Though the Steady Stream is also a good choice, it's sort of a piston gun but can produce continues streams and has the best range and easiest pump of probably any piston gun. For your preferences the Steady Stream would probably do best.
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

abltcheeseburger

Post by abltcheeseburger » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:42 am

Thanks for all the replies guys.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:47 pm

scottthewaterwarrior wrote:In general I would think if your opponents were any good at all, it would be vary challenging to hit some one in a second floor window with out them hitting you first, the guy in the window has a major range advantage.. (I haven't brushed up on my water warfare game types in a wile but assassins is one hit kill right?) Even if it isn't, they guy in the window would have to be using a squirt gun to not completely drench you as you ran up, than he could duck behind the windowsill when you fire.
Now for gun suggestions:
I would recommend the Vindicator, that's my favorite any way, has good capacity, range, and 5 nozzle settings. It is rather heavy though so if you need something quicker than a pulse blaster would work vary nicely; it takes only 3 pumps for full power. Though the Steady Stream is also a good choice, it's sort of a piston gun but can produce continues streams and has the best range and easiest pump of probably any piston gun. For your preferences the Steady Stream would probably do best.
If the guy on the bottom of the window has a hose, CPS 2000, and a water balloon launcher, I think the guy at the window is pretty screwed unless he has a 2000 of his own. =p

Generally, what I mean is that most people neglect to pick up big waterpower, which may be an advantage you can exploit. If he is indeed using a squirtgun, he stands no chance when you fire CPS streams up the window.

That said, if you're playing against those who have been around during the CPS age, they may still have some of those around.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

GJIV

Post by GJIV » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:14 pm

What about a strong piston homemade ? I built a Piston gun, with two check valves, the piston has 434 ml volume, which says you can soak everybody without an end(aparted that the reservoir may be out of water onces... :D)

YOu have to pump "once" to get a good stream, and one time is no time ;)

abltcheeseburger

Post by abltcheeseburger » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:32 pm

GJIV wrote:What about a strong piston homemade ? I built a Piston gun, with two check valves, the piston has 434 ml volume, which says you can soak everybody without an end(aparted that the reservoir may be out of water onces... :D)

I'm too stupid to make anything at home.

Although, if you want to make me one, I'll buy it from you ;)

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:48 pm

GJIV wrote:What about a strong piston homemade ? I built a Piston gun, with two check valves, the piston has 434 ml volume, which says you can soak everybody without an end(aparted that the reservoir may be out of water onces... :D)

When my APH's bottle broke, I plugged the hole and it bacame a really awesome piston gun that was really easy to pump and dump water on your enemies. Homemade piston guns are great for soakfests, but they cost almost as much as it does to make an APH.

GJIV

Post by GJIV » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:40 am

It would not be much work for me to build up a great piston gun for you, but price is a problem^^ Shiping a small XP 310 to USA will be around 40-50 dollars...JUST shiping :D