Ultimate Water Warriors

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
isoaker

Ultimate Water Warriors

Post by isoaker » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:34 pm

As posted by Mysterio at SSC, here's a link to Nerf Mods and Review Blog that seems to have discovered some 2011 Water Warriors line on some store shelves.

Of course, the comments aren't too favorable on that site, but I'm definitely interested in these. While it would've been better had pumping, triggers, and tanks be connected, even as is, this system still lets you carry multiple blasters around more easily than having to deal with separate, unlinked blasters.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Ultimate Water Warriors

Post by HBWW » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:02 pm

They took out the slings in favor of thats linking system. If the links can't be undone quickly, it's even more useless. Also, the blasters look awfully small compared to last year's.

Either BBT was hit pretty badly by that lawsuit, or they still haven't rolled out the rest of what's available for 2011. Nonetheless, despite being smaller, the blasters probably still hold far more water than the useless magazine system that SS is using this year. Most of the comments on the site are probably either from Nerf brand fanboys, or they simply haven't seen what Nerf's SS line consists of.

Things are definitely not looking good for the upcoming year, but I guess we're all used to that.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

GJIV

Post by GJIV » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:25 pm

C-A_99 wrote:
Things are definitely not looking good for the upcoming year, but I guess we're all used to that.
Yes, we are. But to my mind each blaster is better then any of the SS line, except the Hydro Cannon. But that is just that we do not know its performance yet :) Still have to wait...STUPID SELLER !!!

thelaminator
Location: By the time you've read this, It's likely changed again

Post by thelaminator » Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:40 pm

according to the packaging of the "explorer", it is a 60-oz Pressurized Resivoir blaster, with a vindicator nozzle selector. ouch, if that was because of the lawsuit, we may never see the light of day (in soaking perspective) again :cry: . once again, hasbro ruins our lives, while making it seem they are doing the "right thing" :soaked:
[This account has been abandoned. Posts made by this account do not reflect the current views of the original account owner.]
[This account has not been terminated, for archival reasons.]

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:58 pm

If it is seperate chamber, maybe we could replace it with a CPS chamber.

You can do that for ANY separate chamber blaster, but optimally the PC should point towards the nozzle, and you have the case to worry about.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

GJIV

Post by GJIV » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:56 am

This should not be too much work :) But as the nozzles are something much too small, it would be better to put in the CPS bladder into a real SS gun with 20X:: streams :)

Larami, we will never forget you!

thelaminator

Post by thelaminator » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:11 pm

martianshark wrote:If it is seperate chamber, maybe we could replace it with a CPS chamber.

You can do that for ANY separate chamber blaster, but optimally the PC should point towards the nozzle, and you have the case to worry about.
Not to shoot dow your idea, but it's PR. :cry:
[This account has been abandoned. Posts made by this account do not reflect the current views of the original account owner.]

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:34 pm

That's weird. I never said the last part of that post, and what happened to the rest of my post? Before, I had said, "How do you know it's PR? I looked at the box, but it didn't say anything about it being PR."
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:46 am

The boxes on the Explorer and Renegade clearly indicate that it's air pressure and obviously, you can tell if it's PR or separate chamber by the shape, especially when compared to earlier blaster designs.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:03 pm

I also said this in my post:

"I'm guessing that it was planned to be a Vindicator re-release, but then they got sued over the CPS patent. Then they changed the design so the could still sell it." IMO, the easiest way to change it into a non-CPS gun is to just make it a seperate-chamber air-pressure blaster. Also, I can't believe they would sell a PR gun for $20.

GJIV

Post by GJIV » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:54 pm

No "CPS" bladder anymore... :(

Soak you, Hasbro! :cps2700: :soaked: :goofy:

soakernerd

Post by soakernerd » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:05 pm

pressurizing a 60 oz. chamber with air is going to take forever. I highly doubt that it is PR. you could have an internal PC for air just like they did with the vindicator.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:28 pm

Well, the Equalizer holds almost 50oz, so 60 isn't a huge stretch. There also appears to be no way for a seperate air chamber to fit into the Explorer very well. The Vindicator's setup worked because it was CPS; air pressure requires a solid vessel (thus BBT has to make radical changes to the reservoir design) and optimally, the drainage should be on the botton instead of fed from an intake tube. Also, the cap on the blaster appears to lack an air intake.

I'd say that it's too early to say for certain, but everything on the outside of the blaster, along with how BBT handles seperate air chamber designs, strongly suggests that the Explorer is PR.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:28 pm

But who charges twenty buck for a PR gun? Hasbro, maybe, but defenitely not BBT. As I said before, I think this was originally going to be elastic, but when they got sued, they had to change it to air pressure. A seperate air chamber may not fit in a great way, but it could be done. If it was planned to be air pressure, they of course, would have designed it differently.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:28 pm

Well you tell me, how would a seperate air chamber fit in the Explorer? It is highly improbable that they can just merely seperate the main reservoir in half internally due to plastics manufacturing limitations or due to efficiency/cost. (Either reason, or both, are likely possibilities as to why they never done anything like that in the past.) And there is obviously not enough room for a seperate chamber to be hidden inside.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:03 pm

I'm not sure we're thinking the same thing. I'm thinking of an internal PC, like on the Vindicator.

This would make it easy to change the designs and make it air pressure. The PC would probably be a little bigger and not exactly how I drew it. It could also be a different kind of PC with an intake tube, which would probably make more sense, but possibly have less power.

Also, there's still no way they would charge $20 for a pressurized reservoir blaster. I'm not sure even Hasbro would do that.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:11 pm

Well like I said, none of those configurations make sense for how BBT would handle separate chamber air pressure. BBT wouldn't be stupid enough to design something so grossly inefficient too.

No, not even Hasbro would charge $20 for a PR. Instead, they'd charge $20 for worse: a piston pumper. BBT is probably just desperate, or the item on the shelf got moved to the wrong spot.

Face it: the water gun market has been hit from the rear with a fire hose.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:56 pm

At least it wasn't a bad piston pumper. Although overpriced, it was probably one of the best triggerless guns, had a pressure chamber, and with some work, a trigger could be added.

I still don't see why it couldn't be air pressure, and I still doubt they would charge $20 for what's basically a big Equalizer w/nozzle selector. Let's just wait and see...

thelaminator

Post by thelaminator » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:31 pm

martianshark wrote:Also, there's still no way they would charge $20 for a pressurized reservoir blaster. I'm not sure even Hasbro would do that.
Oozinator? transformers blaster? (2007 ed.)

EDIT: also, there is this small bit of evidence:
waterblasterfailiure2.jpg
waterblasterfailiure2.jpg (206.25 KiB) Viewed 3605 times
now do you get it?

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:46 pm

Are you sure? The picture is kind of blurry, but I think I might see a hole.

My comment about the price of PR water guns by Hasbro doesn't really have anything to do with this, but I was talking about just a PR gun. The Oozinator is a PR and an ooz-shooting piston gun in one. The Transformers gun is just a PR gun, but it does have a sheild and connects to your arm.
Last edited by martianshark on Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.