2011 Super Soakers

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
ArColone

2011 Super Soakers

Post by ArColone » Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:11 am

Popularmechanics.com has the pictures of the full Super Soaker line-up for 2011.

isoaker

Re: 2011 Super Soakers

Post by isoaker » Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:35 am

Here's the direct link for those who may not see it right away.

Thanks for the heads-up, ArColone!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:32 am

They only seem to care about what they look like, not their performance.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

GJIV

Post by GJIV » Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:18 pm

Why I do always have to be link to these disappointing blasters ? :D

Hm, I got an idea^^ : You guys get to Hasbro company and soak them all with CPS Soakers :lol: May this change anything :goofy:

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:25 pm

"Real life equivilent? Why didn't they consult their weapons expert in the 70's and 80's when they also had motorized squirt guns modeled slightly realistically?
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

scottthewaterwarrior
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:12 pm

I hope that Hydro Cannon is good, you would almost have to try to make some thing that big suck. The other guns also look OK, if Hasbro didn't cut to many corners and made the moterized guns reliable than they might be considerd OK, even if they only have 1x streams. I'm really looking foward to seeing how that Scatter blaster perfroms. The point break looks kind of lame, it's soposed to be I side arm, but I probaly couldn't fit that into my cargo pants. Can't tell how good they all are by looking at them, but I'm shore they must be better than the 2010 line up. :P They sucked.
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:46 am

^ They already tried and did a pretty good job at making the Hydroblitz as useless as possible for its size.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

GJIV

Post by GJIV » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:30 am

C-A_99 wrote:^ They already tried and did a pretty good job at making the Hydroblitz as useless as possible for its size.
Haha, I do like the Hydroblitz. It features something new, no Soaker does use a similar system^^ And actually it is not that bad...Of course the small nozzle could have been bigger or it could have used a nozzle selector, but it is more than OK and the best Soaker, Hasbro released till now :) May the Hydroblitz is better...but we currently do not know this^^

thelaminator
Location: By the time you've read this, It's likely changed again

Post by thelaminator » Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:26 pm

-g-jiv- wrote:
C-A_99 wrote:^ They already tried and did a pretty good job at making the Hydroblitz as useless as possible for its size.
Haha, I do like the Hydroblitz. It features something new, no Soaker does use a similar system^^ And actually it is not that bad...Of course the small nozzle could have been bigger or it could have used a nozzle selector, but it is more than OK and the best Soaker, Hasbro released till now :) May the Hydroblitz is better...but we currently do not know this^^
the quick blast and shot blast use the same setup as the top PC of the HBZ, but insted of being charged by a main PC, it's charged by the pump.
[This account has been abandoned. Posts made by this account do not reflect the current views of the original account owner.]
[This account has not been terminated, for archival reasons.]

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:33 pm

:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:23 pm

Eight bucks for a water container that holds less than a drinking water bottle. Of course you would, Hasbro. And don't even get started on the $30 piston pumper...

To be fair, most Nerf/SS items on Amazon are marked up ridiculously. But even then, the Tornado Strike will retail for at least $15 at most, which is only slightly less obscenely overpriced rubbish.

And no, the Hydroblitz is definitely not the best SS released by Hasbro so far... It is, however, their most excessively complex, resource-wasting design and perhaps a pathetic attempt to appeal to the upper end of the market.

The only decent things Hasbro has ever done are the re-releases of the Max-D's/XP's/SS50, the Flash Flood, Arctic Blast, Iron Man, Liquidator, and maybe the Triple Shot and 4100 re-release (the 4100 trigger repair isn't terribly difficult; look on SSC). Everything else is either mediocre or just plain crap and that's really all that can be said about them.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Nitro123PG

Post by Nitro123PG » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:14 pm

I noticed that the Bottle Blitz has been re-released in 2011 colors like the Shot Squirt. I'm not buying it, Hasbro. Give it up. :goofy:
Last edited by Nitro123PG on Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:14 pm

Walmart has the Water Warriors Gorgon and New Explorer (or something like that). Scifi bullpup styling. No pics, but it looks like they're doing their usual good job.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:22 pm

Wonderful. I just got a WalMart giftcard. I guess I'll get a Gorgon.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:28 pm

Adrian wrote:Walmart has the Water Warriors Gorgon and New Explorer (or something like that). Scifi bullpup styling. No pics, but it looks like they're doing their usual good job.

Adrian
Not really, there's not a lot of blasters around that really resemble bullpup designs and the Explorer certainly doesn't.

The Gorgon's just a repackaged Orca, or so it looks like. They didn't seem to make any improvements to the design at least of what can be identified from the outside.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:16 pm

Back at Walmart today...New Bandit, New Renegade, and New Explorer (or something like that).

Explorer is the largest, the Renegade, then Bandit. Bandit's about pistol sized, Renegade's not quite mid-range, Explorer strikes me as a good sized standard-duty soaker. Nothing too heavy, but capable of holding its own.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.