They violated my rights... - to bear arms

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
USSA

Post by USSA » Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:07 am

They have stripped me of my right to bear arms... i had about 20 guns backed into 6 shoulder, satchel and book bags. On my way to the CIT (my group) i ran into the head counselor. He stated that i couldn't have water guns! :oo: Anywho he said that only water balloons are allowed. Then made me return my arsenol of guns to the car. I mean really balloons hurt... you can get a black eye from a balloon but unless you are incredibly immature a water guns can't hurt you. You can count on one hand how many injuries you've EVER heard of from a water gun. But water balloons almost always hurt.

My camp is SO evil :angry:

:soakon2: just not at my camp

Field Marshal Yang

Post by Field Marshal Yang » Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:15 pm

I went to CTY (camp) recently and they didn't allow water gusn either. I didn't bring them to start with so I wasn't complaining. On one saturday the counselors rolled out three Storm rifles but only for themselves. Kids who won tickets with games could give one to a counselors with a soaker and order them to hunt down the person of their choice. Campers were only allowed to use water balloons provided to them.
Guns, Germs, and Steel: The Fate of Human Societies, by Jared Diamond

Logrus Mage

Post by Logrus Mage » Sun Aug 08, 2004 2:56 pm

I don't get that. Water guns don't really hurt and waterballoons hurt like a b**** and hardly ever break. Plus water balloons arn't nearly as fun :laugh: . Nothing like drenchen an enemy soldier you barley no. Ahh, good times, good times...

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Sun Aug 08, 2004 6:32 pm

Technically, the right to keep and bear arms does not extend to water guns...I don't think. Basically the Second Amendment confirmed the natural, God-given right of the people to own every implement of the soldier so their freedoms could never be taken away again. (see the GunsVSBlasters thread).

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

Field Marshal Yang

Post by Field Marshal Yang » Sun Aug 08, 2004 8:31 pm

One thing I noticed about the Storm rifles that the counselors carried on Saturday was that if you kept pumping the stream was constant at a good range. One of the male counselors kept up a stream on a female counselor for quite a while this way, keeping the other counselor from firing back. Later on they started to randomly attack students with the rifles.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:28 am

Maybe you should have made a secret alliance with one or two of the counsellors, then barricaded yourselves in a place with a water supply and attacked all comers. :)

What blasters did you have with you?
SSCentral Forums - K modded forums.

ISS: Soaker Sagas - histories of soaking personnel and water blasters. Post your own today!

Nick

Post by Nick » Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:32 am

Ahhhhhhhhh storm rifles rock when they work right. I modded my Storm 6000 or summit(it has a backpack), and made the stream about 4x, but it fires about 60 foot in a very coherent streams. Perfect for sniping. :cool:

Edited By Nick on 1092047618

Field Marshal Yang

Post by Field Marshal Yang » Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:09 pm

Spinner wrote:Maybe you should have made a secret alliance with one or two of the counsellors, then barricaded yourselves in a place with a water supply and attacked all comers. :)

None. According to the rules of the camp, no students could bring water guns of any sort but counselors had privileges. None of the students were allowed to handle the counselor's soakers anyway.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:48 am

Field Marshal Yang wrote:
Spinner wrote:Maybe you should have made a secret alliance with one or two of the counsellors, then barricaded yourselves in a place with a water supply and attacked all comers. :)

None. According to the rules of the camp, no students could bring water guns of any sort but counselors had privileges. None of the students were allowed to handle the counselor's soakers anyway.
I sort of meant USSA's camp, but thanks anyway. :;):

How long does camp generally last for?
SSCentral Forums - K modded forums.

ISS: Soaker Sagas - histories of soaking personnel and water blasters. Post your own today!

Field Marshal Yang

Post by Field Marshal Yang » Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:29 pm

Spinner wrote:I sort of meant USSA's camp, but thanks anyway. :;):

How long does camp generally last for?
My camp (CTY) lasted a little bit less than three weeks. That's usually long for a summer camp. One of my friends went to a recreational camp in Vermont which lasted for two weeks. Another of my friends went to a music camp for two weeks. Basically, most camps last for two weeks unless otherwise stated.